*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #736
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Reaching the final is already more than I expected at the start of the tournament. Going to be a difficult match for sure.

All the hate she's getting for that MTO.
One of the GM laws is that if a player chooses to take an MTO, then it's automatically gamesmanship/cheating. I haven't gone into GM since but NID they'd be whining about it, Vika really didn't look well at that stage of the match, even when she came back on she seemed slower.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #737
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

boy that was a real escape......hufffff.. She really was struggling after that injury. I was about to cry when she lost the game at 5-3. Came back and played it cool like a cucumber Now win the title pls Vika!!!

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:42 AM   #738
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
One of the GM laws is that if a player chooses to take an MTO, then it's automatically gamesmanship/cheating. I haven't gone into GM since but NID they'd be whining about it, Vika really didn't look well at that stage of the match, even when she came back on she seemed slower.
Hate on GM is NID but reading twitter right now one could think they moved GM there.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #739

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I can´t see her beating Na Li at less than 100%. Happy she managed to hang on, but it was really bad from 6-1 2-0 onwards and a better player would have beaten her easily. Hopefully she can recover until Saturday.
But then again it's a known quantity that Na could come out and play horribly just as likely as she can come out and play wonderfully.

This final's probably 55:45 to Vika on the basis of their last 4 meetings.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #740

Quote:
Hate on GM is NID but reading twitter right now one could think they moved GM there.
You could post Ben Rotherberg's Twitter post amongst the haters and they still wouldn't pay attention or change their viewpoints.

Similar to how Sloane was lambasted for saying Serena was 'disrespectful,' and everyone ignored the part about where she was actually joking.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #741
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess people on ESPN2 and GM are thinking alike. Even though the commentators noticed Vika limping early in the second set, they acted like Vika was cheating when she finally did take a MTO. And like you said, she didn't look all that much better when she got back and play.

People are just pressed because Vika got vunerable and Sloane, the new tennis media darling, couldn't capitalize.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #742
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Yes!
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #743
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

I hate myself. I somehow managed to fall asleep on the couch at 5-3. (It was an early morning for me)

So she took a MTO at 5-4? How long did it last?
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #744
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately, none of the injuries are the kinda things that should still be affecting her in 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
I hate myself. I somehow managed to fall asleep on the couch at 5-3. (It was an early morning for me)

So she took a MTO at 5-4? How long did it last?
Probably like 7-8 minutes.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
People are just pressed because Vika got vunerable and Sloane, the new tennis media darling, couldn't capitalize.
Apart from a few winners, I swear Sloane was just feeding off Vika's errors even after she looked worse.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #746
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It´s been a rough day for many Maria Sharapova fans, so some of those reactions are quite expected and especially talks about injuries.

But anyway Vika is in her third Grand Slam final and everything is still possible......
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #747
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apart from a few winners, I swear Sloane was just feeding off Vika's errors even after she looked worse.
You would be correct. That old commentator's cliche about the match being on one player's racquet was true today for Vika. She was just the all around better player today and was only able to hold serve twice in the entire match. If Vika hadn't gotten worse in the second set and had physical issues, this would have been a beatdown.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #748
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Vika getting trashed on gm when Sharapova flopped and Vika progress to a new final. Couldn't see that coming.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #749
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

I mean Vika broke Sloane seven times in that match and twice in a row before she took the MTO and now people are acting like Sloane lost her last service game only because of that medical break.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #750

They should make tennis a sport where you're not allowed to seek medical assistance, you're not allowed to retire from an injury/health problem and you have to play out the rest of the match even if you can't physically move.
Closed Thread