*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:45 PM   #721
country flag nastya

nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafina View Post
I honestly don't know who to root for in the Li/Maria semifinal so that Vika has a better chance if she makes the final.
Same here, absolutely have no idea

I decided not to watch SF tomorrow, I'm getting to nervous.
Even with Vika's good chances to make it to Final
nastya is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:44 PM   #722
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
If the final is Vika vs Maria as expected. It is a key key match not only because it will be a grand slam final! Vika needs to win to keep the mental edge on Maria. There will likely be many more meetings this year, and it's important to keep her head in front after losing their last encounter. Ultimately I give a big edge to Vika. She has dropped 1 set to Maria in their last 6 outdoor hard meetings. That's quite the record.
Agree. It would be an extremely important match for both and not only because it's AO final. I hope it happens, anything else would be anticlimactic from here.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM   #723
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

OMG!!
Really great, coming home after a long and hard day and reading+enjoying the results of both QF's!!
Well done Victoria!! Take your chances now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
I am sure Vika doesn´t underestimate Sloane and she is well prepared for a semifinal both mentally and physically.
Hopefully!!
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:26 PM   #724
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Do you think betting odds are a good indicator of the real chances of each player. Outside of any expert predictions or discussions on gm?

I followed it a bit during the tournament and it seems she started second favorite. Then dropped down to third after the Sharapova Venus match.

Now she seems to be the favorite out of the four to reach the final, and tied favorite to win the title (with Sharapova).

I hope it is even bigger chance than that, but seems reasonable accurate.

Last edited by garwe : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 09:32 PM.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:14 PM   #725
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

On the whole yes they are. Azarenka is also being heavily backed atm on the exchanges driving the price further in. After Serena lost, initially Sharapova was the favourite by a bit of a margin, but Azarenka has slowly come in all day. Probably with people looking at the Azarenka-Sharapova H2H.

I wouldn't use polls on GM as a good indicator. The problem is, some players are more popular than others, some have more haters than others leading to mass distortions from reality. So even with like 200 votes recently you've had Azarenka-Kuznetsova, Sharapova-Venus with GM suggesting they were near 50:50 matches. Obviously the reality was far far from this.

Even supposed experts seem to have their own agenda. Eg. I was reading a piece from Matt Cronin earlier which just struck me as a load of rubbish really. He said if Azarenka-Stephens was the quarter final he would have favoured Stephens to win (what?), and made it out the only reason he favours Azarenka is because of Stephens not having long to recover from the Serena match, and pressure of reaching a slam final.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:21 PM   #726
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Yes and Wilander saying Li Na has the edge in the semi final and Sloane can win the tournament comparing her to Boris Becker.

I guess he could be right, i dont believe it though.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #727
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Vika is gonna really have to prove to me that she is the player to beat because so far this year she hasnt yet. Shes gonna have to step up her game big time. Im not saying that Sloane is gonna beat her. But shes gonna have to wipe her off the floor. Her serve has got to be in tip top shape. Shes gonna have to put her dubs volleys and mix up her serve and have alot of variety in her game. I wish her the best of luck.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #728
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika in the final 6-1, 6-4

But wow..what can we expect after that.

Good luck!!
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #729
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

The ankle and the heat.

But most importantly she made it for the second year in a row! Overwhelming feeling of relief.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #730
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Reaching the final is already more than I expected at the start of the tournament. Going to be a difficult match for sure.

All the hate she's getting for that MTO.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:31 AM   #731
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Ice bath time

Vika has beaten Li the last 4? times they've met. Should be the same on saturday if the ankle is ok
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #732
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

I can´t see her beating Na Li at less than 100%. Happy she managed to hang on, but it was really bad from 6-1 2-0 onwards and a better player would have beaten her easily. Hopefully she can recover until Saturday.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #733
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Ice bath time

Vika has beaten Li the last 4? times they've met. Should be the same on saturday if the ankle is ok
I´m not sure it was the ankle, the knee or the back. Might have initially hurt the ankle or knee and then went into the back over the 2nd set.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #734
country flag star

star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold star is a splendid one to behold

I was so worried towards the end of this match. Hopefully she's okay for the final...this MTO is rather alarming.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #735
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
"I had to a little bit time to calm down...I couldn't breathe, I had chest pains." -Azarenka on ESPN on why she left court.

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Azarenka tells Rinaldi that she couldn't breathe. "I felt like I was having a heart attack," she laughs.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread