*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 337 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:30 PM   #5041
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Just for comparison:

2012 Australian Open Radwanska vs. Vika /2014 Australian Open Radwanska vs. Vika

69% 1st serve percentage /59% 1st serve percentage

143 km/h 1st serve average / 142 km/h 1st serve average

116 km/h 2nd serve average / 114 km/h 2nd serve average

Vika broke her ten times in 2012 (compared to twice in 2014), when Aga had 10% more 1st serves in play and higher averages on 1st and 2nd serve.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:43 PM   #5042
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Thought some comic relief might be nice .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:50 PM   #5043
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

This loss is a reminder that we should try to just not expect anything. 2012 was amazing and she CAN play that way, but it's also such a struggle to maintain that form, so the best mindset as fans should really be not hope for anything and just appreciate what comes. This wasn't a lost opportunity, but instead another Grand Slam quarterfinal, which is better than many of her rivals achieved in Melbourne!

Despite her huge opening, I somehow had the feeling that something would go wrong (didn't expect it against Lady Aga though ) so it still doesn't feel like a missed opportunity so much as a hard loss to swallow. Things can change quickly though (for better or worse) so I guess we'll see in Doha how she deals with it.

Also, he's done amazing things for her and hopefully still can, so I don't want to write this, but the way things are going maybe she needs a new coach… It's clear that Vika has so much faith in Sam that I think this would only happen if things either get so bad there's no alternative or so good that she can end it on a high, so it wouldn't happen soon. It also would need to happen on her own terms so she's ready for a new coach. Nevertheless, it's possible that this relationship has run its course.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 09:27 PM   #5044
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I would like to hear what Sam says about this loss. No one expected it and the worst part was how clueless she showed on court.

I thought about the coaching thing before AO, Thought 2013 is someday a regress but then cannot take away the time of injury. She needs to get to next level but I don't see her trying. Sometimes I hear her interviews saying there will not be major changes as she has a good game, I scared a bit cos that sounds like caro 2 years ago. The rest of the tour is improving fast , she might get behind if she doesn't . Probably to command on her fighting spirit to scrap the matches but her game itself is not stronger. Imagine she gets the mental toughness and her game together.

I think Sam came in the time when she was always restless and too impulsive. These few years she calm down but sometimes I feel she was too passive to other extreme. I think it's fair to see how the rest of year develops without injuries then we will know. She desperate need a serving coach though.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM   #5045
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

This better be a fucking wake-up call for Vika. She looked absolutely clueless out there. Fuck tennis and fuck Australian Open

VICTORIA AZARENKA

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:04 PM   #5046
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Na must win the slam. Must.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:05 PM   #5047
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
This better be a fucking wake-up call for Vika. She looked absolutely clueless out there. Fuck tennis and fuck Australian Open

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:41 AM   #5048
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
This loss is a reminder that we should try to just not expect anything. 2012 was amazing and she CAN play that way, but it's also such a struggle to maintain that form, so the best mindset as fans should really be not hope for anything and just appreciate what comes. This wasn't a lost opportunity, but instead another Grand Slam quarterfinal, which is better than many of her rivals achieved in Melbourne!

Despite her huge opening, I somehow had the feeling that something would go wrong (didn't expect it against Lady Aga though ) so it still doesn't feel like a missed opportunity so much as a hard loss to swallow. Things can change quickly though (for better or worse) so I guess we'll see in Doha how she deals with it.

Also, he's done amazing things for her and hopefully still can, so I don't want to write this, but the way things are going maybe she needs a new coach… It's clear that Vika has so much faith in Sam that I think this would only happen if things either get so bad there's no alternative or so good that she can end it on a high, so it wouldn't happen soon. It also would need to happen on her own terms so she's ready for a new coach. Nevertheless, it's possible that this relationship has run its course.
Nah, it is a missed opportunity, and I'd be thinking that even if Serena had still been in the tournament. At the same time, if Vika steps on court and suddenly loses the ability to destroy aga's puffball serves, its hard for her to do much about it other than suck it up and go back to practising.

And as fans all we can do is complain a bit on the internet, get over it evenetually and get ready to support her in Doha.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:16 AM   #5049
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
The rest of the tour is improving fast
Nope. It's a game of who declines less atm.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:41 AM   #5050
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
Nope. It's a game of who declines less atm.
Agreed.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:35 AM   #5051
country flag Patrick345

The day Cibulkova has to show Vika how to beat Aga. Never thought Id see that day. Brilliant performance from the little annoyance. Thats why Im always in full blown crisis mode, when I see her in Vikas draw and if she now starts to use her brain it only gets worse.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:36 AM   #5052

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

And then so often she flops to much lesser players? What's up with that? Pome should be in the top 10.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:57 AM   #5053
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
And then so often she flops to much lesser players? What's up with that? Pome should be in the top 10.
I think she truly is the definition of a big match player. The focus and consistency just isnt there from week to week. Probably also an issue of sustaining it physically at her size. Never in the top 10, not even with the AO title, but reached the QF at all four majors already. She gets up for the big matches and she is a bitch (in a positive sense) to play, when she has confidence. She has a lot of wins over top players.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:03 AM   #5054
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I think she truly is the definition of a big match player. The focus and consistency just isnt there from week to week. Probably also an issue of sustaining it physically at her size. Never in the top 10, not even with the AO title, but reached the QF at all four majors already. She gets up for the big matches and she is a bitch (in a positive sense) to play, when she has confidence. She has a lot of wins over top players.
I just saw your thread in GM, which is an interesting topic. I definitely agree that it helped Fistpump stay calmer here. More importantly though, I thought it was very strange how often Vika was fist pumping and saying "come on" (not very loudly though) against Scone, mostly on errors. I agree that it's gotten to the point that it seems players are using them to try to give themselves confidence instead of when that feeling is genuine.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:09 AM   #5055

I'm also beginning to think that the criticism of the fistpumps as 'disrespectful' is a bit rubbish, even on errors. It's more like a realisation of 'yes, I can do it, I have the chance.' Vika didn't seem to be fistpumping that much yesterday.
Closed Thread