*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 333 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:04 AM   #4981
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
It's an easy conclusion but to be honest there's zero evidence of her partying too much or not practicing enough and there's even less evidence of Redfoo causing it. We don't know what her schedule looks like, one just kind of just assumes this stuff because he wears funny clothes and is an outgoing guy. Not really fair, maybe he's actually in favor of her working harder.
Hes fitter than her, despite being 15 years older. If she had his abs, Id be excited.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:05 AM   #4982
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
I was just thinking about this and thought not to say it since I thought I'd sound a bit too ridiculous, but I can definitely see it happening if things don't improve.
Come on, that's ridiculous, she's not going to retire because of one setback.

It would be stupid, she has the game to win at least one USO and maybe Wimbledon. At this point her career is very much unfinished business and she does not have a private life that is bound to settle her down either.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:05 AM   #4983
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's an easy conclusion but to be honest there's zero evidence of her partying too much or not practicing enough and there's even less evidence of Redfoo causing it. We don't know what her schedule looks like, one just kind of just assumes this stuff because he wears funny clothes and is an outgoing guy. Not really fair, maybe he's actually in favor of her working harder.
Yeah, I don't think there's a lot of base to my thought, but it does come off as a bit too convenient.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:05 AM   #4984
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

She was tight as hell and it showed. I think she likes being the #2 or #3 pick, still. She has to learn to deal with being the big dog.

But all credit to Aga. That was a hell of a match.

The good news? Vika really came within a couple of key points (IMHO) of very likely three-peating at a major. She's made the second week of 11 of the last 13 slams.

I ain't worried about nothing.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs

Last edited by miffedmax : Jan 22nd, 2014 at 04:11 AM.
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:08 AM   #4985
country flag Let.them.talk

Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all

So much pain in the entire match. I don't know how I did not ended up screaming.
Vika not fighting in the last game was heartbreaking and so many errors ! She did fantastic shots but all were neutralized. Sorry Aga but I hated you the entire match

Been years since last time I posted. Hope you are all ok
Let.them.talk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:08 AM   #4986
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Btw havent seen Sumyk and Meilen Tu in the box together in a while. Maybe Im just not paying attention, but I think that goes back to at least Wimbledon last year.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:09 AM   #4987
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Just got home from work.. was following the end of the third set in the taxi.

Sounds like Aga played a great match... and Vika has been flat all tournament. Big missed opportunity but she wasn't in a position to capitalize anyway.

Anyway, I have this guy feeling Vika is going to retire this year. Is anyone else feeling that?
God I hope not, but who knows . Everything really has been so strange basically since 2012.

Honestly though, IF she did retire, she's one I expect to come back for sure. She loves the competition, and even though she seems to be losing motivation right now, I don't think she could just step away forever when she's 24 or 25.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Aliz Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:10 AM   #4988
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Anyway, I have this guy feeling Vika is going to retire this year. Is anyone else feeling that?
I don't mean to offend you, but this sounds one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Vika's not going to retire anytime soon. Players on the verge of retirement don't change the majority of their team in the off season. You can tell just from her interviews that Vika is far from done yet, she wants to achieve more .
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:12 AM   #4989
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Btw havent seen Sumyk and Meilen Tu in the box together in a while. Maybe Im just not paying attention, but I think that goes back to at least Wimbledon last year.
I've seen them in the box this tournament, and pretty much every tournament.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:12 AM   #4990
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Come on, that's ridiculous, she's not going to retire because of one setback.

It would be stupid, she has the game to win at least one USO and maybe Wimbledon. At this point her career is very much unfinished business and she does not have a private life that is bound to settle her down either.
It would be stupid, but if she plays at the same level as she has? I don't know, it's just so uncertain, I still rather she'd have lost to Domi, because at least Domi would have beat her with offense rather than self destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
It's hard to see because the camera keeps on panning on Redfoo and his mates.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:12 AM   #4991
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I've seen them in the box this tournament, and pretty much every tournament.
Okay.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:13 AM   #4992
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

My final post for the night, but I'm kind of thinking what Vika needs is the other girls to step it up. She knows that Reehanna is better, but she was able to coast through 2013 as the clear number two, without ever playing that well. She still finds a way to step it up against Reehanna, but seems to lack the motivation elsewhere. So maybe if everyone else gets a bit better (for example if Lady Aga can win here, and some of the next generation break the top ten) then Vika will be forced to respond, and will do so.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Aliz Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:13 AM   #4993
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

First bagel in 3,5 years, to Radwanska. Ouch. (Don't think Vika cares though, a loss is a loss regardless).

I didn't see the match, but whatever the reason is, i can name 5-10 matches in 2012 when her level of play was higher than any match in 2013-2014. I said before i don't think she will reach top level at the start of this year, i just hope her team sort out whatever the problem is and we get to see her back in top shape later this year.

It is up to her really, as long as she avoids injuries.

Will try to lower my expectations for the upcoming tournaments. I dont expect we will see any magic turnaround in Doha. (She might still get a good result though).
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:20 AM   #4994
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I just do not want her to fall into that void of 8-16 range. She's too good for that. She just is. She knows she is. But she hasn't proved it of late. She must remain in the mix.

But I definitely think she thrives on Serena and Maria (especially) doing well. She needs that.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:21 AM   #4995
country flag ozza

"When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal."