*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 332 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:47 AM   #4966
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Very bad result. Vika just didn't cut it really. Ground game woefully off. Bad shot selection. Vika seemed to forget how to play Aga tbh, she was playing to Aga's tune way too much.

Vika won 15% return games today. Last 7 meetings won 61%. 15% is an appalling number vs Aga's serve. Though its been said on here quite a lot recently that Vika's return of serve hasn't been as sharp recently, and it certainly wasn't today.

Long time to build from here. Time to work hard, new fitness team, grind the practice courts. Another thing I have noticed recently is Vika seems to have lost pace on her shots. I don't know if it's a mentality thing though. She was still able to strike some winners today, but they were few and far between. I don't know if it's she's got more passive, or she has actually lost more pace. It definitely feels like she's got more passive recently.

You have to move on. Vika knows she has to be fitter. She wouldn't have hired a new fitness team if that wasn't the case. There are months now to work, no majors for a long time. It's a long season, you have time to get better and time to find form. Vika can take motivation from today's loss, because she doesn't want to be in that position again.
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:48 AM   #4967
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafina View Post
Well she didn't deserve to win so this was the right result. She really needs to get in better shape. Aga played really well today but vika will rue that first game in the third set.
You know Vika wins the match, if she doesn´t miss all these easy shots in the 1st game. That´s how mental Radwanska is against her. But luckily it didn´t happen.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:49 AM   #4968
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinawww View Post
She hasn't been bageled since 2010. :crying:

Didn't see the first 5 games of the match, but by the looks of it, Vika couldn't find the court. She fought back and I thought she would take it in 3. She had 40-15 in her first service game of the 3rd set, but unforced errored herself to be broken, and it all went downhill. She missed some easy drive volleys and never recovered. I think we would still be having a 3rd set had she won that first game of the third set
She's just lost some killer instinct . She had enough to fight back once, but then not enough to keep that going at the start of the third and once she gave the belief back to Lady Aga it was finished. She's shown for a while that she can win ugly, but when your footwork, confidence, motivation, and closing abilities all start to degrade it's only a matter of time until that gets exposed. And it can happen really quickly, judging from the falls we've seen from some other former top WTA players. I sure hope she can get it together soon. Doha has been one of her best tournaments the past few years, so I'll have to pray she can find some old form there, although that sure wasn't the case here.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:49 AM   #4969
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder what this will lead to. Will it wake her up? Or will she lose even more focus and distract herself with the rainbow clowns? Maybe Grandmarenka needs to step in.
God I hope she doesn't falter into irrelevancy. If she doesn't improve I can see her falling out of the top 5 and gradually being overrun by younger, hungrier players on the way to a Hantuchova/Kuznetsova post-peak career.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:55 AM   #4970
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

She hasn't played with anything resembling consistency and confidence in a long time. She needs to start from scratch again. I don't know what tournament she plays next but she needs to go back to the basics. Point by point.

Part of me wants to also write this off as Vika thinking she could coast through Aga again and therefore let her guard down. But she was blindsided. I hope this loss pisses her off.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:57 AM   #4971
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

At the beginning of the year I was doubting the decision to play Monterrey but it now it looks like she may need that to even win a title . And Fistpump is playing there so lord only knows . Hopefully since Vika blew this and won't have another chance at a major for a while she can find some drive in trying to win another title, because that's been quite a while too.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:57 AM   #4972
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
She hasn't played with anything resembling consistency and confidence in a long time. She needs to start from scratch again. I don't know what tournament she plays next but she needs to go back to the basics. Point by point.
Doha i would assume is her next tournament.

This is another thing. Ever since the AO in 2012, Vika has played the schedule of an absolute top player, focusing on only the slams and the bare minimum of tournaments, her schedule was even lighter than Serena's last year.

I wonder if she can allow to continue with that approach, the gap in points to Serena is massive now and she might end up having to play more tournaments. Things may drastically change for her...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:58 AM   #4973
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post

Part of me wants to also write this off as Vika thinking she could coast through Aga again and therefore let her guard down. But she was blindsided. I hope this loss pisses her off.
Theoretically her next tournament is Fed Cup . I doubt there will be livestreams for that (does anyone know?) but maybe playing for her country can give her some motivation? Who knows…*Otherwise it's Doha, where again she should have confidence due to her history there, but who knows right now .
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:59 AM   #4974
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Just got home from work.. was following the end of the third set in the taxi.

Sounds like Aga played a great match... and Vika has been flat all tournament. Big missed opportunity but she wasn't in a position to capitalize anyway.

Anyway, I have this guy feeling Vika is going to retire this year. Is anyone else feeling that?
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:00 AM   #4975

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

It's only been about half a year since Cincinatti, although if it gets to an entire year without a title there'd need to be some worry. I don't know, it just feels so easy to blame Redfoo, but at the same time it's plausible that he's part of the problem, since she hasn't played well on a consistent basis ever since he came along.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:01 AM   #4976
country flag iGOAT

Quote:

This is another thing. Ever since the AO in 2012, Vika has played the schedule of an absolute top player, focusing on only the slams and the bare minimum of tournaments, her schedule was even lighter than Serena's last year.

I wonder if she can allow to continue with that approach, the gap in points to Serena is massive now and she might end up having to play more tournaments. Things may drastically change for her...
I think she needs to play more! Her will is there but I think a big problem for her is match toughness! That's why she blew that first game of the third set today, because she just hasn't dealt with all that many challenging situations lately, at least against top players. Obviously she can't overplay but Reehanna 2013 is a perfect example of using a lot of tournaments to gain laser like focus in matches, which seems to be something Vika needs. Also IF Lady Aga can win this title she'll become number two, so maybe that will be a good slap in the face for Vika.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:01 AM   #4977
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
It's only been about half a year since Cincinatti, although if it gets to an entire year without a title there'd need to be some worry. I don't know, it just feels so easy to blame Redfoo, but at the same time it's plausible that he's part of the problem, since she hasn't played well on a consistent basis ever since he came along.
It's an easy conclusion but to be honest there's zero evidence of her partying too much or not practicing enough and there's even less evidence of Redfoo causing it. We don't know what her schedule looks like, one just kind of just assumes this stuff because he wears funny clothes and is an outgoing guy. Not really fair, maybe he's actually in favor of her working harder.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:03 AM   #4978
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

As she should. Maria, Vika, Aga and Caro are playing far more matches than other top 10 players in the past. Basically all top 10 players should limit themselves to 16-18 tournaments for longevity purposes. Another approach is just a trade-off for more short-term finanical gains. Vika is the physically most fragile of them all, too. But it seems she also has confused less tournaments with less training.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:03 AM   #4979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Anyway, I have this guy feeling Vika is going to retire this year. Is anyone else feeling that?
I was just thinking about this and thought not to say it since I thought I'd sound a bit too ridiculous, but I can definitely see it happening if things don't improve.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:04 AM   #4980
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Reading her interview last round, it seems like she's going to play an even lighter schedule if anything. She basically says in her press conference after the Stephens match that she isn't coming back after the US Open as soon as she did last year. I don't think we'll see her in Wuhan, and maybe even Beijing.

I don't think it particularly matters. I am not particularly concerned about ranking, it doesn't really matter. Serena did so well last year you are never going to catch her up for #1, so there's no point even chasing ranking points for that.

Vika's going to keep targeting majors and for that she could keep a streamlined schedule.