*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 326 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #4876
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Sloane not quite "right there" with her.

But great win for Vika, in a time of upsets she just keeps going.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #4877
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post

Hopefully Chris Evert is sobbing uncontrollably in a bathroom right now.
It's just disgusting how they attempted to cast Vika as a villain and then Sloane belts her with a ball. Way to anger the Queen of Fuckery.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #4878
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
The only opponent on this half of the draw that I'm worried about is Domi. Domi always gives Vika problems. Hopefully it's Halep in the SF if Vika beats Aga/Mug.
I have respect for them all. This tournament is still wide open to me. Im hoping for a Bouchard/Pennetta and Vika/Halep semis. Although that seems like a homer pick, its just the players I like the most of the remaining. I was disappointed by Stephens tbh. Vika played her really smart, but she is still so far from tapping into that potential. When she was down 3-5 against Svitolina and Tomljanovic she went after their serves with massive returns. Stephens gave them no chance to hold. Not once today. Stephens needs to force herself to be brave and aggressive. She just floats in and out of matches.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:46 AM   #4879
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
It's just disgusting how they attempted to cast Vika as a villain and then Sloane belts her with a ball. Way to anger the Queen of Fuckery.
Imagine if that had happened the other way round
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #4880
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

Living in the US,I think the American media has a lot to do with why there hasn't been an American star since the Williams sisters. Anyone who wins a big match they tote as the next Serena which Sloane herself doesn't want to be compared to. Of course Virginia Wade does the same thing in Britain. Anyway great match from Vika. She won the tournament last year at a lower level than this.the only thing that concerned me was the db faults.
stegall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #4881
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Once she started using her forehand looping/deep to stephens back hand and coming in behind it in the second set, Stephens lose heart Vika was completely cruising last year too the same way until that injury. The score could have been same or more stingy last year.

Vika needs to use her back hand down the lines more often and come in behind it, coz its a fantastic shot and she can hit it to perfection We need Vika-Aga match, its been so long since last year Doha...
That bh dtl swing is new. More powerful and keeps it with a straight trajectory. Love it. Will be great against Rena, too.

Haha british ES commentator says the match was highly competitive and the scoreline flattering for Vika. I swear the butthurt is strong.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:50 AM   #4882
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
And then she tried it a second time and Vika sent a volley right at her head. Justice.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:57 AM   #4883
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
Living in the US,I think the American media has a lot to do with why there hasn't been an American star since the Williams sisters. Anyone who wins a big match they tote as the next Serena which Sloane herself doesn't want to be compared to. Of course Virginia Wade does the same thing in Britain. Anyway great match from Vika. She won the tournament last year at a lower level than this.the only thing that concerned me was the db faults.
It's interesting because as an American I've watched Australia and UK do the same thing to their players for the past few years, but it almost feels worse here . It was just as bad with players like Querrey, Sock, Keys, Young, Davis etc. earlier in the tournament when they were blatantly the HUGE underdog and you'd have the ESPN team picking upsets left and right and completely ignoring the fact that there was even another player on court when they showed the matches. And now absolute death at Chris Evert saying the hype is hurting Scone when she couldn't have hyped more during that match. We all saw what happened with Shoedin, and no one wants that again but it seems inevitable .

Anyways, I'm still pleased with how focused and down to business Vika was today . She still needs three more matches of that though .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #4884
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
It's interesting because as an American I've watched Australia and UK do the same thing to their players for the past few years, but it almost feels worse here . It was just as bad with players like Querrey, Sock, Keys, Young, Davis etc. earlier in the tournament when they were blatantly the HUGE underdog and you'd have the ESPN team picking upsets left and right and completely ignoring the fact that there was even another player on court when they showed the matches. And now absolute death at Chris Evert saying the hype is hurting Scone when she couldn't have hyped more during that match. We all saw what happened with Shoedin, and no one wants that again but it seems inevitable .

Anyways, I'm still pleased with how focused and down to business Vika was today . She still needs three more matches of that though .

Yeah the American press is so awful about this. The Brits and Aussies can really hype their players as well but keep in mind that the Australian press aren't really in love with Tomic and for many years Andy Murray got very little love from the British establishment.

On the other hand you see every American player hyped to the sky when they get what would amount to average results while players who are neither American, British, Australian or French have to achieve twice as much for the same amount of recognition.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:10 AM   #4885
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I sincerely hoped that the US media enjoyed that match. I know I did.
yes i can't wait. and browsing through the website, both tennis.com and SI are still lukewarm for vika after she beat their american sweetheart. i agree, seriously if they really have a good US player, they should shut their mouths and let the players play. am so glad she cleaned up her game since last match, much much better than last year when she only cleaned up her game before she faced williams.

i bet, serena was cheering for vika against sloane. hahaha.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #4886
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Tennis.com is a site I regularly visit but the constant coldness (although not as much as with Pova) is ridiculously offputting, ie. when one of the writers went on with shaming Vika even after she had won the AO final.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:56 AM   #4887
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
She won easily without really hitting close to her level on second serve returns. Her rally game was really good today, finding the right balance of stability and attack, her return game off first serves was excellent too. The final break was a gorgeous bit of returning, classic Vika.

She didnt really use the moonball to backhand strategy that much did she? Saved it for change-ups, mostly played with depth and weight.

Her serve just about held together, Stephens was in several of her service games but doesnt have a great return game herself. Also, Unless she was injured, i'm surprised stephens served so conservatively, those midpaced 1st serves are vika's bread and butter.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 07:16 AM   #4888
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Vika has leading H2H with almost all remaning opponents in the draw. Its really her Trophy to lose now. I was amazed how she raised up to the challenge last year when Sveta tested her and against Li Na. Was the same in Doha against Serena. After that injuries ruined her year. If she can remain healthy this year, then its gonna be a great!! Hope she remainshealthy throughout the year

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 08:04 AM   #4889
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Tennis.com is a site I regularly visit but the constant coldness (although not as much as with Pova) is ridiculously offputting, ie. when one of the writers went on with shaming Vika even after she had won the AO final.
Part of it is that Vika just has the "I don't give a shit" attitude (one reason I love her) and I feel like you have to like, or at least respect her, or she does come across as unpleasant. Hell, she used to be one of my least faves back in her moody, crazy days. I think eventually she'll win the public over though; her tennis will do the talking .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #4890
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Part of it is that Vika just has the "I don't give a shit" attitude (one reason I love her) and I feel like you have to like, or at least respect her, or she does come across as unpleasant. Hell, she used to be one of my least faves back in her moody, crazy days. I think eventually she'll win the public over though; her tennis will do the talking .
This. I have totally the same thoughts. Time will tell, not only her tennis, but also her personnel charm. I do believe that. And yes, she's such a wise girl, always followed her own path and did what she ought to.

Last edited by Hyacinth : Jan 20th, 2014 at 09:12 AM.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread