*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 321 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #4801
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Meusburger was never really a threat, this was a night time practice session. Vika dealt with Sloane's game perfectly last year with the 'moonball into the Stephens BH' strategy. I'm sure she hasn't forgotten. The real danger lies in Stephens' serve being on fire and Vika's ROS being shit, simultaneously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I think the reason Vika gets thrown under the bus in this situation is her history of "questionable retirements", her grunt, her general personality which is honest but gets understood as brash. This goes against a starved US tennis juggernaut; we know Serena won't be able to hold up the sport when she finally retires and Sloane is the highest ranked we (Americans) have and comes off as sweet and endearing even though she's got a reputation for being of questionable character. It's almost a Cold War portrayal: the Evil Eastern European vs. the American Sweetheart. Everybody on ESPN is predicting Sloane to upset Vika.

That said, Muguruza is probably the most dangerous player in Vika's section. She's certainly about to hit the wall with all her matches so far, but nevertheless, unseeded and looming.
Spot on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Q. Learn anything from the aftermath of that match? [vs Sloane last year]
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No. What is there to learn?
#AusOpen
Lord did he seriously ask that? Love her answer though. These self-proclaimed tennis journos are really channeling their inner vultures during the AO these past years. They're not even this catty during their home Slam.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #4802
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who knew Ben before he was special, and just making fun of big names and pretending to worship scrubs on another forum it doesn't surprise me he's still pressed about last year. He reads this forum including this thread in particular because he quoted me verbatim in a private message on Facebook. I'm ridiculously happy Vika shut his weak ass down. Asking such a question is the epitome of being unprofessional.

Vika needs to patient and agressive vs. Sloane. She needs to be willing to take balls out of the air and end the points fast when the opportunity is there. I really enjoyed that she had to hit a lot of balls and play angles. I do think that Yvonne's flatter, more consistent strokes may have helped her dial in a bit more after the two previous matches. She needs to get a lot of well placed first serves in. She really needs to trust that shot. She needs to keep Sloane pushed far back and on the baseline; forcing her to rely on her movement. I can't believe I'm pulling a page out of Brad Gilbert's ass but Vika needs to take Sloane's legs out from under her.

That said, this will probably go three and be a fuckery buffet. I just hope Vika gets through.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #4803
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Thank you, Vika!!
Nice, solid performance!
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #4804
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIK! View Post
Thank you, Vika!!
Nice, solid performance!
Miss him
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #4805
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

saul??
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #4806
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

^ yes
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #4807
country flag VIK!

Dito
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:40 PM   #4808
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I still wouldn't be surprised to see ESPN do something like, "the press asked Azarenka what she had learned." And then show that response, and then criticize her for her it . That's how you deal with them though. I was hoping she'd just act like she forgot about the whole thing, which she basically did .
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 01:21 AM   #4809
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it. No night match. She's second on RLA, after Ma$ha. Ahhhh I might be busy then .
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 02:13 AM   #4810
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Is the heatwave over now? Think it is best for her if it is (especially at that time).
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:12 AM   #4811
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not here to jinx anything... but we are 2 games away from Vika being the favorite left in the draw.
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:15 AM   #4812
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
I'm not here to jinx anything... but we are 2 games away from Vika being the favorite left in the draw.
Lol she is actually in some places the odds favorite right now to win the tournament. But might change soon.
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:23 AM   #4813
country flag garwe

Imagine if Knapp and Safarova would have finished their job now, then Vika would be real big favorite.
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:24 AM   #4814
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Vika has to win now

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:25 AM   #4815
country flag iGOAT

Well here comes the pressure . I think Vika likes it, but it will be a huge difference now - those first through round were the quietest they could've been and now that's changed.
Closed Thread