*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 320 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:35 AM   #4786
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I wonder whether this next one will be at night. It's easily the most anticipated match of the tournament so far, and Dokić had four night matches in a row when she made her run in 2009, which shows the AO isn't afraid to give them to the same player. Still, it would be a bit strange to have a third in a row, even if that match is definitely the logical choice. I hope so though because I think it would help Vika, who generally does well both at night and when it's a bit chilly.

Predictability is way too boring.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:37 AM   #4787
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I'm cautiously optimistic that Vika will get through this without too much trouble, a lot of the optimism coming from the fact that Sloane's BH is as attackable much like a Stosur's, she's had some sort of problem in every match so far against players she should be routining, and she doesn't seem to hit too many aces relative to the power of her serve.

Also, although Meusburger wasn't at all a threat, she still gave Vika plenty of balls to hit and she barely missed any groundstrokes.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:37 AM   #4788
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

It depends how she starts. She needs a fast start and not waste any chances. Cannot afford to start slowly. She always runs into problems with first game, either serving or returning. But last 2 matches are ok, but then different levels of opponents.

I am so glad she finishes so fast, before I can even get to my TV it was done. I hope there is the match video, I still couldn't find the last match for replay.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:48 AM   #4789
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Good match today . It was the cleanest match Vika has played in quite some time.

Vika has to just ignore all the crap around the next match. Just be business like from point 1 and get it done. Don't fall into any media trap. Just give some bog standard crap answers.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:01 AM   #4790
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Good match today . It was the cleanest match Vika has played in quite some time.

Vika has to just ignore all the crap around the next match. Just be business like from point 1 and get it done. Don't fall into any media trap. Just give some bog standard crap answers.
She did doge already...very wise Watch the On-court interview

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:07 AM   #4791
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
This is what I like with Victoria/#TeamVika [...] in the Strycova match she was kind of allergic to net (which was the only thing I was deceived about), Sumyk intelligently noted it and certainly spoke to her about it and today she always played to move forward (anyways principally as far as the first set goes).

Great volleys, drop-shots, angles [...] just good all-around tennis and variety. The best I've seen Victoria in 2014 and certainly much closer to the one who won AO in 2012... a real pleasure to watch ; now keep going baby girl !

Fun on-court interview BTW.
I was very impressed by those angles, it's been a while
Very mature
OnlyTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:08 AM   #4792
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
She did doge already...very wise Watch the On-court interview
Yes I watched. But that wasn't under the brunt of the US journalists who will be steaming into her press conference, desperate for a story.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #4793
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Q. Learn anything from the aftermath of that match? [vs Sloane last year]
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No. What is there to learn?
#AusOpen
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 10:22 AM   #4794
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Really nice match. The matchup suited her perfectly, but impressive to stay focused all the way through.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #4795
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
#AusOpen
This is pretty much what I had hoped she'd say.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #4796
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Just a game lost against Yvonne is good .

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #4797
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

I find betting odds interesting and Vika gets slightly lower odds now while Sharapova's odds goes up. Hard to get too low when Serena is still in it.

They seem to give Sloane about 15% chance in next match. Outside of Serena, Azarenka's match is the most uneven (odds wise) of all the fourth rounds.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #4798
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
#AusOpen
Haha, this is the response the press deserves, though I'm pretty sure she knows exactly what she's learned from last year...a feeling she knows more than she says here.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #4799
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

i love that while vika is learning to deal with the press, she still remains an attitude towards dumb questions.

i thought her match today is great to see, the intensity remains even with the easy first set, her off backhand was on fire, she moved forward all the time, her volleys improving, good minds in creating angles.

if i have to fault anything, it is that she was broken in the first set early. and that she still recorded no aces till date in this tournament. it is important to see her improving each round, i think she will be mentally ready for next match. for us, we just need to be ready for the commentators' opinions during play... sigh... almost needing a drink already.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #4800
country flag OnlyTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
i love that while vika is learning to deal with the press, she still remains an attitude towards dumb questions.

i thought her match today is great to see, the intensity remains even with the easy first set, her off backhand was on fire, she moved forward all the time, her volleys improving, good minds in creating angles.

if i have to fault anything, it is that she was broken in the first set early. and that she still recorded no aces till date in this tournament. it is important to see her improving each round, i think she will be mentally ready for next match. for us, we just need to be ready for the commentators' opinions during play... sigh... almost needing a drink already.
Well, as I said this is the answer they deserved. It can sound just a little inappropriate only reading it, but I watched the video posted by AO with a part of her presser and she seemed happy, humble and polite so I don't think it sounded the way it does when reading it. So I think the fact that she's matured a lot recently also involves learning how to say things in an appropriate manner.
Sometimes they are amazingly unbearable....ESPN's commentators are a mess...annoying, stupid(as far as their comments are concerned) and most of all unprofessional.
Closed Thread