*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 316 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #4726
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

We should make her serve an eating game. Drink only water and eat a Snickers, when Vika hits an ace. After three months you´d have lost 30 pounds. I sense a diet book here.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #4727
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
From her press conference:

Q. Why the change with the fitness?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Because I think it has a lot to do with the timing, with your body, with your balance in the body, the way you push, the range of motions.

So all this I adjust. It really takes time.
Sounds like she is working on her core strength.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #4728
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
From her press conference:

Q. Have you changed what you want to do with your serve now? I know you go for placement more than power. Were you consistently hitting it harder the first part of the year? Have there been changes at all?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't know. I never really look at the speed. For me it's important what I can create with that. I've been working a lot on my serve.

I think it takes time, you know, to get that. I think it's one of the toughest shots technically to manage. You know, adjusting my body with a different type of fitness, it takes time to have that perfect timing.

But I feel I'm in the right way of working with the things and get better.

Q. So is the intention service winners, aces on the first serve, or just a good serve so you can get a first ball that you can control the point with?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: It's both. Eventually it's to get a lot more free points. But right now I just want that consistency that I can place anywhere I want.

Q. Why the change with the fitness?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Because I think it has a lot to do with the timing, with your body, with your balance in the body, the way you push, the range of motions.

So all this I adjust. It really takes time.
It's interesting that she's clearly changed the serving strategy from Brisbane where she hit quite a few aces, to here where's she's going for percentage. I'd think the free points are worth the risk, but at least she's working on it.

Seeing Empress's serve these days really makes me think it is possible for her to improve. It's also strange it's gotten so bad though.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #4729
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Vika has played Cheeseburger once before in 2010 Marbella, winning 6-3, 6-0, so that's an encouraging sign. Vika will again need to dictate as Cheeseburger will get a lot of balls back.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #4730
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Need to have some sort of patience when it comes to the serve. Not going to change to world class overnight.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #4731
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
It's interesting that she's clearly changed the serving strategy from Brisbane where she hit quite a few aces, to here where's she's going for percentage. I'd think the free points are worth the risk, but at least she's working on it.

Seeing Empress's serve these days really makes me think it is possible for her to improve. It's also strange it's gotten so bad though.
JJ always had that serve hidden somewhere. As world #1 in 2008, she served the same way. I pulled up the stats from her match with Zvonareva in Stuttgart 2008. 7-6 7-6: 70% 1st serve percentage, 80% points won, 10 aces, 1 DF. I have never seen anything like that from Vika. In terms of her peak serving Vika is sadly closer to Errani than JJ or Radwanska. At least Vika holds the record for being aced the most times in a match.

I doubt just better fitness will help the serve much, but it will help the rest of her game a lot.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #4732
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I think her service issues are more related to confidence than anything else. When she plays really well she does serve well and that opens up the rest of her game. I think she just doesn't trust her serve because it hasn't been working. Vicious cycle.

Eh, at least she's actively trying to work the kinks out.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #4733
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

In the middle of a slam so perhaps this should wait until after the tournament. I just think she can be crazy good if she avoids injuries and stay motivated. Regardless if her serve will never be the best.

She is not quite there now, but later this year i hope she will. If she avoids injuries it is mostly up to her.

A great result here is still possible though, but she can and will play better later.
garwe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #4734
country flag iGOAT

The OOPs have been coming out so late here . I want to know when she'll be playing!!
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 05:29 AM   #4735
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Open ‏@AustralianOpen
Sat 18th Jan RLA OOP DAY: Sharapova/Cornet, Federer/Gabashvili, Wozniacki/Muguruza
NIGHT: Azarenka/Meusberger, Nadal/Monfils #ausopen
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 05:35 AM   #4736
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

a slap on Sharpie's face again?

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #4737
country flag iGOAT

Wasn't expected that at all . I figured they'd go random and give it to Sunshine or Empress this time. I figure Scone could be at night too .

Whatever, I'll take it. Stay pressed GM .
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 05:57 AM   #4738
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

I def. prefer night sessions. The temparature is better, plus it's not the middle of the night here

In addition, Sharapova seems to struggle with heat. She almost lost to Knapp - I didn't see the match but I assume the heat had a lot to do with it - just like in 2007 against Camille Pin (if I remember correctly). Cornet is better than both those two, but I don't know how hot it will be tomorrow in Australia anyways

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 06:10 AM   #4739
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

It's only going to be 23C tomorrow.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 06:10 AM   #4740
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinawww View Post
I def. prefer night sessions. The temparature is better, plus it's not the middle of the night here

In addition, Sharapova seems to struggle with heat. She almost lost to Knapp - I didn't see the match but I assume the heat had a lot to do with it - just like in 2007 against Camille Pin (if I remember correctly). Cornet is better than both those two, but I don't know how hot it will be tomorrow in Australia anyways
It's supposed to be WAY cooler. Like cool by Australian standards - in the 70s Fahrenheit. So heat won't be an issue. Still, night works fine and it's good practice for the final .
Closed Thread