*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 315 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:05 AM   #4711
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Victoria played really good but she made things really difficult, and that's where I'm unsatisfied, with her incommensurate fright of the net in this particular match. She had control of 85-90% of the exchanges but refused as much to go forward and volley many of these defensive shots by Strycova. She also only used the drop-shot once but otherwise, good match and excellent serving too (miracle of the indoors lol). Well, it's the heat and conditions which really are problem for level of play and this is why her first match was difficult to evaluate... I hope though she'd be accustomed by now and will still be able to deliver her best in the infernal outdoor's conditions as far as the first week goes.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:18 AM   #4712
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
And Scone comes through with a dramatic comeback win. I can't see her losing to Svitolina the way she plays at majors, so that is definitely a looming threat.
She finished really well but that BH is still such throbbing liability, and I don't believe that Vika won't exploit it in BH crosscourt rallies and in general like in last year's SF.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #4713
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Good, please continue to improve. We might have to wait until later this year for great things, but everything can happen here as well.

Btw, just realized, she has not lost a HC slam match, except Serena, in three years. Quite impressive.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #4714
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Good, please continue to improve. We might have to wait until later this year for great things, but everything can happen here as well.

Btw, just realized, she has not lost a HC slam match, except Serena, in three years. Quite impressive.
that needs to stop. She has to win those matches. Serena has to be defeated this year to get her hands on the trophy. Rena has stopped Vika from winning too many slams Wimbly'12, 2USOs (3 actually, 2011 inlcuded) and who knows the AO of 2010 etc... This needs to change. Vika will become a great player only when she starts beating Serena in slams. She can beat her but needs to be at 100% for atleast through 80% of the match.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #4715
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I don't think she will have well and truly 'arrived' until she has. She needs to make it happen.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #4716
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika will play Meusburger next. It should be comfortable. Meusburger will try to run down a lot of balls. The temperatures in Melbourne should have cooled down massively in 2 days.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #4717
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I think she took to heart from last match which she was determined to have a fast start. It was good to see, there is still some chinks in the rallies but in general she was aggressive and took initiators from the start. I like that. As long as she keeps the mentality, she will be more confidence. Onto next round.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #4718
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Much tidier scoreline, see what wonders work while I sleep.

She could really do better with her break point conversion though.

If they meet, Vika HAS TO beat Scone. I can't with the American media painting Vika as the Villainess. I'd prefer bagels, but just win it.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #4719
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
I don't think she will have well and truly 'arrived' until she has. She needs to make it happen.
Yep...agreed!! Justine was able to beat Rena in many slam matches thats why she is considered one of the greats of the game. You have to beat your best adversary. Lets c wat Vika does here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Vika will play Meusburger next. It should be comfortable. Meusburger will try to run down a lot of balls. The temperatures in Melbourne should have cooled down massively in 2 days.
I'll be able to watch the match live finally....stupid work And I liked the 'Sweet 16' Photogallery of Vika's 2R match in the AO site

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Much tidier scoreline, see what wonders work while I sleep.

She could really do better with her break point conversion though.

If they meet, Vika HAS TO beat Scone. I can't with the American media painting Vika as the Villainess. I'd prefer bagels, but just win it.
Am sure Vika cant wait

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #4720
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

Sloane sucks lol, if Victoria loses to her than I will be very disappointed in her, that's for sure.
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 02:58 PM   #4721
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Much better match overall. Still worried about the complete inability to penetrate the court with her groundstrokes. She´ll have to be on top "breaking down-finish at the net"-form to win those matches against Stephens and Radwanska/Wozniacki.

And that serve. I just can´t. Hire a serving expert and break down the whole service motion. It literally is so bad, it cannot get worse. Vika has f******** ZERO aces and eight DFs. She gets no free points on serve. In comparison through two rounds JJ 15 aces, Radwanska 10 aces, Kerber 9 aces. It has to be possible to develop a 1st serve like those three. Nobody expects Serena.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #4722
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Much better match overall. Still worried about the complete inability to penetrate the court with her groundstrokes. She´ll have to be on top "breaking down-finish at the net"-form to win those matches against Stephens and Radwanska/Wozniacki.

And that serve. I just can´t. Hire a serving expert and break down the whole service motion. It literally is so bad, it cannot get worse. Vika has f******** ZERO aces and eight DFs. She gets no free points on serve. In comparison through two rounds JJ 15 aces, Radwanska 10 aces, Kerber 9 aces. It has to be possible to develop a 1st serve like those three. Nobody expects Serena.
She was actually serving some aces in Brisbane too, so I don't know what happened. It seemed like today they were going for a really high first serve % strategy. It's debatable how effective that strategy will be down the line though when she was only winning 59% of first serve points vs Zahlavova Strycova.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #4723
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Vika got a better result.

She wasn't playing against the mighty J-La.

Snickers will be fine.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 04:13 PM   #4724
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

From her press conference:

Q. Have you changed what you want to do with your serve now? I know you go for placement more than power. Were you consistently hitting it harder the first part of the year? Have there been changes at all?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't know. I never really look at the speed. For me it's important what I can create with that. I've been working a lot on my serve.

I think it takes time, you know, to get that. I think it's one of the toughest shots technically to manage. You know, adjusting my body with a different type of fitness, it takes time to have that perfect timing.

But I feel I'm in the right way of working with the things and get better.

Q. So is the intention service winners, aces on the first serve, or just a good serve so you can get a first ball that you can control the point with?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: It's both. Eventually it's to get a lot more free points. But right now I just want that consistency that I can place anywhere I want.

Q. Why the change with the fitness?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Because I think it has a lot to do with the timing, with your body, with your balance in the body, the way you push, the range of motions.

So all this I adjust. It really takes time.

Last edited by Natural Joe : Jan 16th, 2014 at 04:18 PM.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #4725
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

We should make her serve an eating game. Drink only water and eat a Snickers, when Vika hits an ace. After three months you´d have lost 30 pounds. I sense a diet book here.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread