*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 305 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 07:45 AM   #4561
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTennis View Post
I watched the interviews and press conferences from Brisbane and I think she analyses her matches quite correctly. By the way, I am not the only one who noticed, but does anyone else from here think that 2013-2014 Vika is a lot different that 2012 Vika (so to speak), meaning that she's a lot more mature (which is very good of course)?
quite a change from 2012 to 2013. 2012 was the girl from matching her ambitions and playing no fear aggression on courts, 2013 was one who matured in attitude of a champion, learning to cope with expectations in every match and every tournament, learning to turn around matches and winning ugly. as a result of expectation, she is playing with much more pressure of not wanting to lose rather than going out to play 'no fear' aggression. and from what i have seen, she is still a bit like that playing with a lot of caution in the beginning of matches, and once realised the opponents are not going to give her free points, she then needs to turn around and try to win it.

i hope 2014 will see a good balance between 2012 and 2013, she should now realize that she needs to play as much a 'no fear' game from get-go, be aggressive and play to win from the first game. at her ranking, everyone is going to play fearless with her. what i am missing a bit is her edginess at times, she is known for her emotions, she should make constructive use of it.

a big progress in dealing with the press and a lot more polish in giving speeches now. good or bad....she does what she is supposed to.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #4562
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
quite a change from 2012 to 2013. 2012 was the girl from matching her ambitions and playing no fear aggression on courts, 2013 was one who matured in attitude of a champion, learning to cope with expectations in every match and every tournament, learning to turn around matches and winning ugly. as a result of expectation, she is playing with much more pressure of not wanting to lose rather than going out to play 'no fear' aggression. and from what i have seen, she is still a bit like that playing with a lot of caution in the beginning of matches, and once realised the opponents are not going to give her free points, she then needs to turn around and try to win it.

i hope 2014 will see a good balance between 2012 and 2013, she should now realize that she needs to play as much a 'no fear' game from get-go, be aggressive and play to win from the first game. at her ranking, everyone is going to play fearless with her. what i am missing a bit is her edginess at times, she is known for her emotions, she should make constructive use of it.

a big progress in dealing with the press and a lot more polish in giving speeches now. good or bad....she does what she is supposed to.
Honestly, to me, sometimes, it's better if a player plays a match thinking that she/he doesn't wan't to lose, because then she/he shouldn't/wouldn't be afraid of winning (I am not necessarily referring to Vika).
Indeed, it's a huge progress. Nowadays, in press or interviews she seems so calm and meditative, talks a lot more about her tennis and what she is supposed to do, what she needs to improve. She seems relaxed, humble and polite.
Lindsay Gibbs, Bobby Chintapalli, Courtney Nguyen noticed the "progress"/difference and Mats Wilander talked about it after an interview with her during the USO. She seems to be heading in the right direction as far as her demeanor is concerned and I'm happy and satisfied about that.
OnlyTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #4563
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Fed Cup ‏@FedCup 35m
Belarus' team for the #FedCup Europe/Africa Zone Group I event is @vika7, @OGovortsova, Aliaksandra Sasnovich and @IlonaKremen
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #4564
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Fed Cup ‏@FedCup 35m
Belarus' team for the #FedCup Europe/Africa Zone Group I event is @vika7, @OGovortsova, Aliaksandra Sasnovich and @IlonaKremen
Group I 2014

Details

- Dates: 4 February-9 February
- Venue: Syma Event and Congress Centre
- Surface: Indoor hard

Teams

Austria
Belarus
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Great Britain
Hungary
Israel
Latvia
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Portugal
Romania
Slovenia
Tunisia
Turkey
Ukraine

http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...rica/2014.aspx
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #4565
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika won't actually play imo.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #4566
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Vika won't actually play imo.
Yeah, it is very unlikely. Those Fed Cup matches are a week before the tournament in Doha, and after that is a possible tournament in Dubai. Besides Belarus would need also other high-ranked players than Vika to be successful in Fed Cup. At the moment Olga Govortsova (b. 1988) is WTA #91, Aliaksandra Sasnovich (b. 1994) is #145 and Ilona Kremer (b. 1994) is #215. Russians, Czechs, Italians, Germans or Americans have much easier task to build a strong team for Fed Cup if they care about it.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #4567
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Players have to play for the Olympics though. There's no way she'd play that Doha, and Dubai though.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 02:30 AM   #4568
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

pls don't play dubai. every year she entered, every year she pulled out. not necessary to be criticized. her body won't allow the 2 weeks strain if not for slams.
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 04:41 AM   #4569
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Getting increasingly more excited for Melbourne.

SLAY THEM ALL, VICTORIA!
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 06:18 AM   #4570
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Getting increasingly more excited for Melbourne.

SLAY THEM ALL, VICTORIA!
THIS

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #4571
country flag joshum

i am excited with anticipation of the draw. hope she will have a bit of luck there.
i am also a bit worried of how she sounded after the brisebane final. she was not fired up at all, would really want to see the edginess back.

from bleacher report puts vika as no. 3
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ustralian-open

Victoria Azarenka returns as the defending champion. She reached the final of both the Australian Open and U.S. Open in 2012 and 2013. The reason she finds herself at No. 3 instead of No. 2 is that she finished the year rather weak. She has also lost a little of that edge she had in the later part of 2012 and through the Aussie Open in 2013. Perhaps the Aussie Open is exactly what Vika needs to get her swagger back.

also saw some photos of her practice. not looking very happy....
http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/ga...062290332.html
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #4572
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Players have to play for the Olympics though. There's no way she'd play that Doha, and Dubai though.
You don't have to play. You just have to show commitment. I think you can say you were too injured, too exhausted to play, or they can not actually pick her to play. There are plenty of ways around it.

Playing this would be risky. It goes on until Sunday in Hungary, she'd have to play in Doha Wednesday latest. That is far from ideal.

Quote:
pls don't play dubai. every year she entered, every year she pulled out. not necessary to be criticized. her body won't allow the 2 weeks strain if not for slams.
We should know Dubai's entry list soon. I think it's out, its just not been posted yet.

Quote:
from bleacher report puts vika as no. 3
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ustralian-open

Victoria Azarenka returns as the defending champion. She reached the final of both the Australian Open and U.S. Open in 2012 and 2013. The reason she finds herself at No. 3 instead of No. 2 is that she finished the year rather weak. She has also lost a little of that edge she had in the later part of 2012 and through the Aussie Open in 2013. Perhaps the Aussie Open is exactly what Vika needs to get her swagger back.
This is just rubbish. Not even sure how they would invent such rubbish.
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #4573
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Vika is not on the Dubai entry list: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....29&postcount=1
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #4574
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, of course. I'm going, so she can't possibly play there....

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #4575
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Yeah, of course. I'm going, so she can't possibly play there....
Hopefully you have some better luck soon Jimmie .