*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 299 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:24 AM   #4471
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I'd say more positives than negatives from today. The first set was HORRIFIC, but once again Vika manages to find a way through. The point she played out of the blue at 1-6, 0-0 (0-40) was 100% the turning point of the match, and very likely saved her tournament and potentially her confidence in the near future. Absolutely huge and gutsy effort there . Otherwise, Empress largely handed over the match by having a complete meltdown, but Vika played reasonably well and it was great to see her fight and win through a mental test again. What is terrifying is her absolutely inability to close out matches this week. She failed to serve for the match against Dellacqua, endured epic fuckery against Vögele, and was lucky to come through that last game today.

I'm really excited for the final. Vika showed in Cincinnati and the US Open that she can raise her level when it matters, so I'm really hoping for the same tomorrow . Hopefully she'll somehow get Ma$ha but Reehanna match-ups are always exciting too .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:28 AM   #4472
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

She knows how to win close matches in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:29 AM   #4473
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Leave it to GM to go crazy last fall when Vika lacks motivation and then have a field day over her passionate celebration today .

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:30 AM   #4474
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Really happy that she got it done in the end! It was an exhausting match to watch and I'm sure for Vika as well. Good luck tomorrow!
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:32 AM   #4475
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Already you can see how precious how some TF posters get in regards to match winning celebrations.

Good:
- Didn't fold after monumental flopping in 1st set, it was unbelievably bad
- Clutch BH at *5-4 deuce to give her MP2
- Ground game improved gradually as match went on
- Celebration, as mentioned, was very positive to see after last night where there was none
- She's got a clean slate to start from and nothing to lose tomorrow
- Kept emotions in check

Bad:
- Serving mostly pretty mediocre
- Still some awful shanks but mostly in the 1st
- Jitters when she tries to finish off a match

Ugly:
- My overreactions in the LS thread
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:41 AM   #4476
country flag iGOAT

Obviously if she can win, or at least play a good match, tomorrow that would be great, but this result marks a very solid week of AO preparation/2013 fall recovery either way. I seriously think the fact that she beat Reehanna in Hua Hin is a fairly significant bonus too as she can count that as a real win in terms of confidence whatever happens tomorrow.

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:48 AM   #4477
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

To reach the final here is a great result before the AO. The result in the final is not that important imo. If she lost this match i would be much more worried, as she usually wins these kind of matches (except end of last year).

AO is where she needs to win the final. I wouldn't mind to switch the Cincinatti and US open final results.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:48 AM   #4478

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I hope Vika pulls out the 'I've got nothing to lose' card before Serena does.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:05 AM   #4479
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one that finds the new points distribution totally stupid. You get 55 points for winning one match (2nd round loss) and an average of 61 points per match for winning three matches (semifinal loss). In other words KDK beating Rogowska is worth 55 points, JJ beating Kerber is worth six more points.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:08 AM   #4480
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Am I the only one that finds the new points distribution totally stupid. You get 55 points for winning one match (2nd round loss) and an average of 61 points per match for winning three matches (semifinal loss). In other words KDK beating Rogowska is worth 55 points, JJ beating Kerber is worth six more points.
I agree .

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:16 AM   #4481
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
I hope Vika pulls out the 'I've got nothing to lose' card before Serena does.
Serena has first to beat Maria.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:19 AM   #4482

I think I'd still rather she play Serena than Pova in the event Pova won.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:48 AM   #4483
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

When is she gonna win comfortably again everyone expect Serena like she did in 2012....may be not as others are figuring out ways to come up on her She needs to improve...

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 11:41 AM   #4484
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Yes it sucks. Getting more points for winning R1 than R2 is just illogical, though that isn't just the new system, that problem existed last year.

Anyway, Serena doesn't look that great here. Is making lots of unforced errors.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:36 PM   #4485

Serena it is.

I think Vika has a chance if she keeps her head.
Closed Thread