*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 285 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #4261
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I can't recall, no.

Anyways, I'm just going to enjoy seeing her play today, whatever the outcome. It might very well be the last time for more than two months.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #4262
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

Exactly what I thought...this is probably the first match of hers that I will watch only to enjoy, without expectations
OnlyTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #4263
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
Good practice today! Play my next match in 20 minutes... #letsdothis #WTAChamps http://instagram.com/p/f5HQYGjLdL/

Has she ever tweeted 20 minutes before her match starts?
Might be Meilen
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #4264
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

It's not very often I am critical of Vika, but I am going to be of critical of this.

There is nothing brave, smart, good about playing on. Nobody gains anything. The only reason she's done this is for PR reasons, and it's obvious to see (this is her PR company):

B1PR ‏@b1pr 7m
If she retires she is critiqued and if she stays playing injured she is too. What's the best thing according to you? I admire her effort!

But sorry there is nothing good about this. I have responded to the above tweet criticising them. You don't gain any good PR for finishing the match, you don't gain anything, in 3 months this just reads in the record books as 6-2, 6-1 loss.

And this is why I am so critical of people always just calling for players to play on or play saying the fans want to see matches. Exactly the fans want to see matches, this isn't a match, this is just a waste of everybody's time. As a fan I would rather Kvitova vs Kerber began about 30 minutes ago.

Stop listening to the media Vika, and listen to yourself!
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #4265
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Oh dear..
What a sad season ending.
Vika Become fully fitand, come back stronger in 2014!!
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #4266
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly just hope it is no the end of her career. That´s all. The last time this sort of back problem happened to a player was Wickmayer Brussels 2011. She immediately stopped playing. Since she has gone 58-59 (49%). Before that 236-107 (69%). Look at Jamie Hampton and her re-occuring back problems. She´s basically been playing like crap since that stressful Eastbourne run and called it a season after the US Open. I reall fear the worst here.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #4267
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Meh. I'm feeling a bit weird now.

She should have retired by the end of the first set, if not earlier. The second set was a no-show and I agree with ozza that in a way it was just wasting everybody's time. At the same time hater are going to be out in full force.

Let's just hope that the trainer could assure her it was just a spasm or something and nothing more serious that could potentially worsen by playing through.

I think most of us (including Vika) are relieved that this messy 2013 season is finally over. Always keep in mind that she won her second slam which is something nobody can take away from her.

Here's hoping for a successful and injury-free 2014! Australia as a start surely isn't going to be easy for Vika emotionally so she better be mentally prepared and in full fighting mode.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #4268
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

She seemed to be playing better before the injury . I wonder what it is .

Well, if you'd told me after the US Open that this would be her fall season I would've freaked out, but in the end it seems as if it could be for the best as rough patches do happen. The key will be learning from this, which she historically has done.

Still, I"m a little worried about her attitude lately. The "terrible day" excuse for Petkorazzi and now the decision to not retire, which just isn't smart. Oddly some people in GM are saying they respect her for it (even if others are brainlessly hating as usual) but I just don't see what's good about endangering her health and wasting her time .
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #4269
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

This is me trying to be optimistic, but the injury could be a blessing in disguise if it's not serious because she'll probably be forced to take a break now, which could help with motivation . She's just 24, and has a long career ahead of her still, but these could be her peak years so she needs to get the same hunger she's had in her career so far back.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #4270
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
She seemed to be playing better before the injury . I wonder what it is .

Well, if you'd told me after the US Open that this would be her fall season I would've freaked out, but in the end it seems as if it could be for the best as rough patches do happen. The key will be learning from this, which she historically has done.

Still, I"m a little worried about her attitude lately. The "terrible day" excuse for Petkorazzi and now the decision to not retire, which just isn't smart. Oddly some people in GM are saying they respect her for it (even if others are brainlessly hating as usual) but I just don't see what's good about endangering her health and wasting her time .
She was playing much more freely than the previous days and was slowly finding her groove. She had a very good chance of winning this match, but that is irrelevant now. It's much worrying to think if she is really carrying a potentially career ending back injury or if it this is just the last chapter in the awful string of bad luck this season.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #4271
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is me trying to be optimistic, but the injury could be a blessing in disguise if it's not serious because she'll probably be forced to take a break now, which could help with motivation . She's just 24, and has a long career ahead of her still, but these could be her peak years so she needs to get the same hunger she's had in her career so far back.
I honestly doubt she ever lost motivation. That was just a lie for the opposition/public. Imho she has had a lingering injury problem ever since that Wimbledon fall. There might have been no visible damage like on an MRI, but maybe some heavy bone bruising or something.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #4272
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^ I agree she need too get her hunger back & she still very young but it still never good too play on an injury mostly when it your back just look at Safina how an back injury took her out even through i dont think Vika back is as worst as Safina hopefully she rest up and get really for 2014

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #4273
country flag baby_britain

baby_britain is an unknown quantity at this point

I found Sam's reaction to Vika's injury today pretty worrying. At one point, as she stood facing her team clearly in pain, his head was turned in the other direction. No eye contact.

I know Vika makes her own decisions on court, and Sam has never influenced this, but I think he should've stepped in here.

Commentators on BT Sport (Navratilova and Keothavong) have labelled them unprofessional. Whilst I wouldn't go that far, it does make me wonder if there is some disagreement within the team.
baby_britain is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #4274
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I honestly doubt she ever lost motivation. That was just a lie for the opposition/public. Imho she has had a lingering injury problem ever since that Wimbledon fall. There might have been no visible damage like on an MRI, but maybe some heavy bone bruising or something.
I agree with this. There's definitely something wrong with her since Wimbledon, and it looks like it's physically, not mentally, related.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #4275
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

During Carlsbad/Cincinetti I really felt that she was overly cautious with her movement in many situations, you could get the feeling that she doesn't completely trust her body.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread