*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 278 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM   #4156
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

WTA ‏@WTA
Reminder tomorrow's #WTAChamps OOP: Li Na v @SaraErrani, @Vika7 Azarenka vs @Jelena_Jankovic, @SerenaWilliams vs @ARadwanska #tennis
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM   #4157
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Her W/U ratio was great, but she can play a better match with 14/24 or something like that. It all depends on the type of match and opponent i think.

Great with a win. One more tomorrow please.

One thing i don't understand is why she is so slow between points. Perhaps im wrong, but i think she almost rushed when she played at her best 2012. But that somehow seemed to work for the tempo of her game.

I guess they (Vika and her team) have a plan with it, that i don't understand (yet).
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 10:07 PM   #4158
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

I didn't get too see all the match had too go 2 doctor but she made nice comeback in first set & seem too stream roll in the second set
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 11:26 PM   #4159
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Ah, when. Saw 1-3 and then 2-5, thought damn this is anther shocker. But impressed she came back with straight sets. But boy, 1.5 hours for ne set is tiring. She just needs to cut down errors, first set was 25 errors and total match only 27. It doesn't matter on the differential if the errors count is high.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 12:04 AM   #4160
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Vika GL tomorrow!

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 12:39 AM   #4161
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Yeah, once Vika got going in the first set it wasn't that bad a match from her, and I think it was quite an entertaining match overall. A rusty start was to be expected anyway.

On to the next one!

Oh yes, thank you Joe and iGOAT.
Incredible ratio. This win meant a great deal to her.
Cut down the errors a little bit and get another win tonight, good luck!
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 01:43 AM   #4162
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

If she could just get the serve (the double faults) under control, she'd be doing so much better.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 02:18 AM   #4163
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
If she could just get the serve (the double faults) under control, she'd be doing so much better.
I wish she would finally solve this issue, even if it takes a year. The serve issues have ruined Elena Dementieva's career and it'll severely hamper Vika's if this is not resolved. Serve doesn't even have to be good but it has to be adequate. 10+ double faults, will hurt you every time you go up against someone your strength or better. It has to be solved or she'll go down gradually from here.
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 03:26 AM   #4164
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

The strange thing about the serve is that it's detracted. It was never great and was always prone to some double faults, but even earlier this year she usually held, while now it almost seems better for her to be returning. Today half the games she lost were on serve . Needs to be addressed during the off season!

My number one:
VICTORIA AZARENKA
Heart of a Champion
17 titles and counting
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM   #4165
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
Ah, when. Saw 1-3 and then 2-5, thought damn this is anther shocker. But impressed she came back with straight sets. But boy, 1.5 hours for ne set is tiring. She just needs to cut down errors, first set was 25 errors and total match only 27. It doesn't matter on the differential if the errors count is high.
UE counts will usually scale with winner counts, as an indication of how aggressive someone is playing. You'll pretty much never see high (nonserve) winner counts with low UEs.

Having said that UE counts are entirely arbitrary anyway and you can only compare between matches at the same tournament as different tournaments will count them differently.

The other thing is that these stats are skewed depending on the pattern of the match. Yesterday Errani was hitting a lot of dropshots and Vika was coming to net a lot anyway. Most of these points are bound to end in winners either way. As opposed to say a vika - sharapova match where both players are trying to pin each other behind the baseline and a lot of point will end in "errors" from going for slightly too much depth or after a long baseline grind.

So basically w/ue counts are useless out of context.

I think Vika played a pretty balanced style yesterday. By the second set she was really dealing to those weak serves too.
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 12:12 PM   #4166
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Don´t think her groundgame is anywhere near what it was six months ago either. Errani played barely better than in the first set in Rome, when Vika lost five points yet she was leading 5-2. It only looked like Errani was playing decent (outside of her own bad UEs), because there was no pace or decisiveness from Vika. Half the brilliant lobs Errani played in the 1st set, she wouldn´t even touch the ball, if Vika was in form. Compare it to their Doha match, when both played fantastic. This wasn´t even close to that. Lost all confidence, but also doesn´t look totally healthy. Movement appears cautious and slower than ever. I can´t see her advancing past the semifinal regardless of the opponent there.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 02:11 PM   #4167
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika confirmed for Brisbane:

Brisbane Intl ‏@BrisbaneTennis
We're excited @sabinelisicki & @vika7 will play #brisbanetennis 2014 http://ow.ly/i/3vhm6 tickets on sale NOW http://ow.ly/q5nt3
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM   #4168
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Vika has a day off tomorrow.
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM   #4169
country flag Natural Joe

Hard to express my feelings right now...the first set was very close with only a few points making the difference. In the second set she was strangely emotional but didn't have the fire nor energy to turn it around. Jelena held serve without any problems at all. The surface surely wasn't doing Vika any favors in this match-up but that can't be an excuse.

So maybe that's that for Vika's YEC...
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4170
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

There is definitely something going on behind the scenes that we don´t know about, be it a more serious injury, coaching, relationship. She didn´t even fight properly. Some of the DFs were just totally unmotivated stuff. The only player she could expect to beat here was Errani and only because Errani is equally out of form.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread