*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 277 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 03:38 PM   #4141
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

The head-to-head is 6-1 for Vika, including a straight sets win on clay in Rome this year.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM   #4142
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
At least she´ll have an off-day for once. This format is just horrible. This year it is Na Li and JJ that are gettting screwed.
Yes but at least it doesn't happen to the number one seed, like last year. Which was just stupid.

I think this is a good draw, but she got many bad draws earlier this year, so about time.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM   #4143
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Good luck, Victoria!!
Have fun and show no mercy.
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 04:49 PM   #4144
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

She played quite well today once she got going, especially once she found her return game. Once she found her timing she was pretty much breaking at will rather than having to fight through deuce games.

It kind of looks like the other players have sat down together and analysed her serve motion and patterns and are able to read it really easily. I'd rather she sent down body serves and changes of pace, especially against a player who she can dominate in the majority of the rallies (like Errani or Jankovic). Errani had most success reading her "hard" first serve and redirecting the pace.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:25 PM   #4145
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Anyone knows the W/U statistic of both them? I just got the first set's.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:27 PM   #4146
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I only started watching at 5-6* but I was quite impressed. In that game and the early stages of the tiebreak she was missing a lot, but somehow trusted herself to keep going for it and came through the tight set. In the second set Heerrani was obviously injured, but she ended up playing more aggressively and there were several breaks, yet Vika maintained her focus and was great at running down Heerrani's shots. Not perfect, but I thought the second was a very nice set. The *3-2 game especially was key, as she saved several break points, did quite a bit of running, and hit four aces . A win is a win and two sets is always nice with this format.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:29 PM   #4147
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
Vika was 51 winners, 24 unforced errors but I can't remember Heerrani.

That is a great ratio, a lot of which is because she was ending soooo many points at the net with winners because Heerrani hits so many short balls but besides several rusty shots in the first set and some absolutely disastrous smashes she did a pretty good job of going for her shots and making it work.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:29 PM   #4148
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, once Vika got going in the first set it wasn't that bad a match from her, and I think it was quite an entertaining match overall. A rusty start was to be expected anyway.

On to the next one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM   #4149
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

And I agree with the people saying that the surface is too slow. I think if we had a Radwanska Errani match it could easily last 4 h+
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #4150
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Not really bothered about the surface, I think in general variation in hard court speed is a bit exaggerated. Vika's shots are usually adaptable enough to work on slow or fast hard courts anyway.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:51 PM   #4151
country flag Natural Joe

Couple quotes:

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Victoria Azarenka says the courts are rough and a bit slow. Expected to be rusty after break. #wtachamps

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Asked whether women could/should play best-of-5, Azarenka said the better solution is for men to just play best-of-3. Smart lady. #wtachamps
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 06:00 PM   #4152
country flag Igor_Biscan

I agree with her about men playing 3
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 06:14 PM   #4153
country flag iGOAT

Ugh, I'm just thinking about the schedule and I realized Vika will definitely have a rest day Thursday and then have to play Friday . Her group has two matches tomorrow, which means it will again Friday and the only player left for her to play is NaNa, but if those two play on Thursday then Empress would've only had one match in three days, which means Thursday will see Empress-NaNa and then Vika-NaNa and Empress-Heerrani on Friday. Annoying that two years in a row Reehanna has gotten a break after the three days of round robin while Vika, while getting a better schedule than last year, still is on the shorter end.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 07:34 PM   #4154
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
I only started watching at 5-6* but I was quite impressed. In that game and the early stages of the tiebreak she was missing a lot, but somehow trusted herself to keep going for it and came through the tight set. In the second set Heerrani was obviously injured, but she ended up playing more aggressively and there were several breaks, yet Vika maintained her focus and was great at running down Heerrani's shots. Not perfect, but I thought the second was a very nice set. The *3-2 game especially was key, as she saved several break points, did quite a bit of running, and hit four aces . A win is a win and two sets is always nice with this format.
Exactly what I thought about those 4 aces I want to see some more and less DF obviously. I think she also wanted to close the match with an ace but it went out.
OnlyTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM   #4155
country flag Natural Joe

WTA ‏@WTA
Reminder tomorrow's #WTAChamps OOP: Li Na v @SaraErrani, @Vika7 Azarenka vs @Jelena_Jankovic, @SerenaWilliams vs @ARadwanska #tennis
Closed Thread