*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 271 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #4051
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Let's hope she can somehow win a match in Istanbul, she looks very vulnerable right now.

No idea what is wrong with her but this is not good.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #4052
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

She's not playing with any sort of hunger or passion whatsoever. As reactionary as it may sound perhaps there could be a slight decline because you just don't lose to this sort of Petkovic these days, you just don't.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #4053
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was a mess. She really threw away the 3rd set.

I don't think it's that bad long term (or even medium term) though, she has time to actually work on things now before Istanbul. She will be ok there imo.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #4054
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

It's just hard to decide what to make of her year. Post Doha there has just been a noticeable decline of form.

The Cincy win and the USO final sugarcoats it somewhat but she hasn't been in a very dominant position for months now.

Just get the YEC over with and prepare for a fresh start in 2014.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #4055
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
I watched from 2-2 and I would have to say that's just as bad as the Makarova fiasco. Heartless, gutless, an overall disgraceful performance against Petko who really wasn't doing much. (assuming she's over her illness)

This is the sort of loss that tarnishes a season and I almost want her to not bother with the YEC.

Shameful performance.
Quote:
She's not playing with any sort of hunger or passion whatsoever. As reactionary as it may sound perhaps there could be a slight decline because you just don't lose to this sort of Petkovic these days, you just don't.
You are way too negative. You don't tarnish a season with a couple of bad weeks in Asia. If there is any time to have bad weeks it is now.

I think she will do well in Istanbul. She goes in well rested, and this will allow her to prepare better.
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #4056
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

It's very hard for me not to be negative when I see her lose in such fashion. It's the second time this type of loss has happened this season, so it's a little cause for concern but overall a YEC win will erase that.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #4057
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

So Tokyo and Beijing became very short tournaments this year. There were some good moments like 7 games winning streak in today's match, but also some strange turns like 3 dfs twice in service games and the end of the third set was very frustrating.

Let's hope that Vika will be fit, well-rested and highly motivated in Istanbul. Haters are going to have a field day in GM section.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #4058
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

To be honest she hasn't been playing really well since doha. But her heart carried her through the period leading and during slams. I think now she only plays for slams. Others don't matter that much. But her form is terrible, you can't mask it when you have double digit dfs....
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #4059
country flag ozza

Quote:
It's very hard for me not to be negative when I see her lose in such fashion. It's the second time this type of loss has happened this season, so it's a little cause for concern but overall a YEC win will erase that.
I don't think it's that worrying going into Istanbul, these tournaments very rarely affect what happens at Istanbul.

The main problem is the same one she's had all summer, massive service issues. Now they may be an issue vs the better opposition in Istanbul. There has been rumours all summer that she's struggling with some kind of back injury, and with the way she is currently serving you do have to wonder.

I don't know if 2 and a half weeks will be long enough to resolve that problem, but I do think she will come in in much better shape for Istanbul.
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #4060
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
The serve intrigues me. Her first serve seems stronger, her second (I dont even know how) more inconsistent. Interesting. You can't take too much from this, lacked match play and looked almost tight in the latter stages. Onto Linz or whatever.
An interesting point you say. She may be going for more on her first serve, but I don't think it's actually helping her. Before Tokyo her first serve % was down like 8% in the USO Series, it's probably dropped further in Tokyo and Beijing. Given how bad her 2nd serve is, I don't think it's helping. Having to serve more 2nd serves makes it harder for her to protect it. She used to always have a high first serve % up around 70%, not so much recently (she's often in the high 50's recently).

Vika doesn't play until Istanbul now.
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #4061
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

Hey ozza, it's good that some people around here are very positive; you kind of cheered me up....but yes...I think that sooner or later she will be fine
OnlyTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #4062
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
An interesting point you say. She may be going for more on her first serve, but I don't think it's actually helping her. Before Tokyo her first serve % was down like 8% in the USO Series, it's probably dropped further in Tokyo and Beijing. Given how bad her 2nd serve is, I don't think it's helping. Having to serve more 2nd serves makes it harder for her to protect it. She used to always have a high first serve % up around 70%, not so much recently (she's often in the high 50's recently).

Vika doesn't play until Istanbul now.

It´s three months now till the start of the next year with one week of tennis. At the end of the day, she needs to find a way to serve better. Players just don´t want to give her control of the rallies and as long as her own serve is this poor they have the first strike on her serve, which automatically puts more pressure on her ROS. If her ROS is not excellent (like Cincy/USO) or the opponent can serve themselves it´s trouble. At least she lost to a nice player. Hopefully JJ doesn´t piss her pants over this open draw with the YEC on the line like she did at Wimbledon.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #4063
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

yes iGOAT, let's erase those matches/weeks...too bad we can't actually do it (
OnlyTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #4064
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
It´s three months now till the start of the next year with one week of tennis. At the end of the day, she needs to find a way to serve better. Players just don´t want to give her control of the rallies and as long as her own serve is this poor they have the first strike on her serve, which automatically puts more pressure on her ROS. If her ROS is not excellent (like Cincy/USO) or the opponent can serve themselves it´s trouble. At least she lost to a nice player. Hopefully JJ doesn´t piss her pants over this open draw with the YEC on the line like she did at Wimbledon.
Pretty much. I hope they know what they are doing with the serve in the off season. This going for a bigger first serve lark only actually works if you have a reliable second serve.

But I don't think it's panic stations, just because I think all this can be resolved with the reparation of one stroke.
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #4065
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTennis View Post
Hey ozza, it's good that some people around here are very positive; you kind of cheered me up....but yes...I think that sooner or later she will be fine
Welcome OnlyTennis .
Closed Thread