*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 267 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #3991
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

She was playing for the fans. She would have tanked it if not out of respect to prolong the match a little more to show minimum performance. Either way she will be criticized. Just support her in whatever decisions. She has always been cautious enough to not ruin her health.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #3992
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Of course you can make it worse and extend your recovery time. In the end it is her decision. Nevertheless I feel many times players only play to avoid the zero pointers or/and stay eligible for some bonus cash. Kerber would have never played Doha/Dubai this year for example. The incentive to play are the ranking points and the prize money, so let players play what they want. No need for additional punishment. Count the 16 best and be done with it. Players will play when they are healthy.

Vika is not stupid. She knew looking at that draw that she is not making it through the early parts with a viral infection. Venus has apparently overcome her back problems and played better at the USO and in the 1st round here. Halep/Pavs waiting in round two, Stephens/JJ in round three. Since she has already faced a lot of criticism she simply completed the match and bettors worldwide are happy the WTA has its own methods of legal match-fixing. Maybe the WTA should ban themselves.
How. It might make you feel worse right now, it doesn't make you any worse long term.

The thing is with illness she wouldn't have really known if she was going to be unfit to play until the day. She withdraws tomorrow morning, it's a fine, a zero pointer, a loss of bonus pool money. I would go for it in her shoes too. I just don't see the risk factor of playing. If you have an injury, yes don't play, but illness doesn't have the same risk factor.

Do we know she had a viral infection btw? (Thank you to whoever answers)
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #3993
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Fwiw, I don't actually think Venus played that well. But I thought the key to why she won was she has a great first serve. Vika was just trying to stand and hit from the first stroke, imo that would still have been a winning strategy vs a lot of possible R2 opponents, but Venus served to well for it to work yesterday. But off the ground, I didn't really think she was that great, she hit some flashy shots, but mainly made errors in any prolonged rally.
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #3994
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Fwiw, I don't actually think Venus played that well. But I thought the key to why she won was she has a great first serve. Vika was just trying to stand and hit from the first stroke, imo that would still have been a winning strategy vs a lot of possible R2 opponents, but Venus served to well for it to work yesterday. But off the ground, I didn't really think she was that great, she hit some flashy shots, but mainly made errors in any prolonged rally.
Totally agree. Strong servers are not enough. The movement of Venus was far away from before , she also played easily errors at chances.

The situation should be different if there were more prolonged rallies.

Vika didn't run at all, she dealt with the balls simply and crude and made them out and out and out freely (certainly she knew that's not a right way to play someone like Venus) but she still lost 26 46, no bagel no stick.

BTW I think Vika served well yesterday (except those shitty DFs...)
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #3995
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How. It might make you feel worse right now, it doesn't make you any worse long term.

The thing is with illness she wouldn't have really known if she was going to be unfit to play until the day. She withdraws tomorrow morning, it's a fine, a zero pointer, a loss of bonus pool money. I would go for it in her shoes too. I just don't see the risk factor of playing. If you have an injury, yes don't play, but illness doesn't have the same risk factor.

Well, I think it would be possible that if you have an illness like the flu and you don't take time to get fully healthy again or even strain your body while being ill it can have negative effects on your health in the long term. So I think playing while being ill is not always the best thing to do (obviously not saying that that's the case with Vika though).

I'd really like to hear the full press conference after yesterday's match.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #3996
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Viral infections such as colds and flus, and gastrointestinal tract viruses are the most common type of infection. Common symptoms include tiredness, sore throat, running nose, cough, aching muscles and headache. These symptoms and the effect of these viruses have on people, vary in severity and as a consequence the risks associated with playing with such illness.

For mild cases (i.e. where symptoms such as sore throat, running nose etc and no fever) there is little risk of complication if there is an adequate period of rest available after the event. Similarly if the event is not exhausting and the player feels they are able to play then there is likely to be no complications. Being active while suffering a mild viral infection may prolong the illness however this is not proven.

Moderate cases of viral illness (i.e symptoms and mild fever) require greater effort by the heart and lungs. This will have an effect on performance and the player will usually not perform well. Playing with a moderate viral illness is likely to prolong the course of the illness.

Playing sport with a severe viral illness (i.e. significant symptoms affecting the entire body and increased fever) presents a very high risk of prolonging the condition and suffering complications such as pericarditis, a viral infection of the lining of the heart. Repeated attempts to exercise at intense levels while suffering from a severe viral illness is considered a risk factor for chronic fatigue syndrome.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #3997
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently she did have fever:

"The last three days I could not train, - she said. - Last night did not sleep at all. I had a fever, then chills. Maybe I ate something wrong, but I was getting worse."
http://vk.com/vika_azarenka?w=wall-3...6c9c818c25b50d
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #3998
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. I spiked a fever of 102 this weekend with my cold/flu and was absolutely miserable just laying in front of the tv so I can't imagine trying to play a sport feeling like crap. You have no energy to think let alone move.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #3999
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like we're all getting sick I got glandular fever about a month ago, went into hospital and have been out for 2 weeks now but it's come back again

Here's hoping Vika recovers quicker than I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #4000
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Yes obviously a fever. She asked for a fan and wanted to tear her shirt on court.
It's really like an endemic. It may bring fever, chill, indigestion, pervigilium, urticaria etc.
If so, the situation should be better than encountering a flu. Hope she can recover soon and best wishes for the health of all your guys.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #4001
country flag Natural Joe

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Word on Azarenka's health: sick with flu-like /fever-like symptoms for past few days, unable to practice.
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #4002
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Seems like we're all getting sick I got glandular fever about a month ago, went into hospital and have been out for 2 weeks now but it's come back again

Here's hoping Vika recovers quicker than I do
Hopefully you'll get over it soon.

The jet lag probably ran down her immune system and it is cold/flu season so Vika was doomed.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #4003
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Aw damn that sucks. Rest up and get better Vika

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #4004
country flag Natural Joe

(Vika's Facebook)
Like all girls, there's nothing better than a bit of retail therapy to make you feel better! Fly to Beijing today... With some extra baggage ))
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #4005
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Viral infections such as colds and flus, and gastrointestinal tract viruses are the most common type of infection. Common symptoms include tiredness, sore throat, running nose, cough, aching muscles and headache. These symptoms and the effect of these viruses have on people, vary in severity and as a consequence the risks associated with playing with such illness.

For mild cases (i.e. where symptoms such as sore throat, running nose etc and no fever) there is little risk of complication if there is an adequate period of rest available after the event. Similarly if the event is not exhausting and the player feels they are able to play then there is likely to be no complications. Being active while suffering a mild viral infection may prolong the illness however this is not proven.

Moderate cases of viral illness (i.e symptoms and mild fever) require greater effort by the heart and lungs. This will have an effect on performance and the player will usually not perform well. Playing with a moderate viral illness is likely to prolong the course of the illness.

Playing sport with a severe viral illness (i.e. significant symptoms affecting the entire body and increased fever) presents a very high risk of prolonging the condition and suffering complications such as pericarditis, a viral infection of the lining of the heart. Repeated attempts to exercise at intense levels while suffering from a severe viral illness is considered a risk factor for chronic fatigue syndrome.
I see.
Closed Thread