*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 259 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #3871
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
I think it's best you ignore someone who makes baseless accusations like that.
Depends whether you consider hiding from a doping inspector in the panic room baseless, but that is really a different discussion. I wouldn´t put my hand in the fire for any top 100 player.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #3872
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/video/20...be.html?chip=5

Excellent interview.
I didn't like the end but that's only because I don't support Rafa.

oh_yeah_i_guess is right. Vika is at a point now that we can expect close matches between her and Serena, particularly in hard courts. She should also be winning a chunk of those as well.

I hope Vika does get some revenge in the YEC. I do hope she wins it this year.
Standard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #3873
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think if she managed to get her serve to consistently hit at least 165kmh, that would go a long way.

In addition, the disappointment of this loss should be erased if she beats Serena at the YEC (which is a very likely meeting). A positive you can take is that we're no longer at the stage where we hope she's not going to be double breadsticked, but at a stage where we believe that she should be winning a good portion of their meetings.
Till the next time she gets breadsticked. But that´s where we come back to the point that there is only one moment in a rally that you can fully control: your own serve. If you have a weak serve (and I think we agree that it is below average) that limits your control factor and makes you more vulnerbale ot be breadsticked/bagelled, especially if Serena´s own serve and groundstrokes are on.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #3874
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Depends whether you consider hiding from a doping inspector in the panic room baseless, but that is really a different discussion. I wouldn´t put my hand in the fire for any top 100 player.
I actually don't know anything about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/video/20...be.html?chip=5

Excellent interview.
I didn't like the end but that's only because I don't support Rafa.

oh_yeah_i_guess is right. Vika is at a point now that we can expect close matches between her and Serena, particularly in hard courts. She should also be winning a chunk of those as well.

I hope Vika does get some revenge in the YEC. I do hope she wins it this year.
I hope she only really plays Tokyo and Beijing, for whatever reason last year she came in pretty mentally exhausted, and by that YEC Pova match you could tell she was done.

I'm already looking towards next year and I think it's a likely possibility that we won't win a slam next year. I certainly can't see her defending the AO again.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #3875
country flag oleada

oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future

Oh, Vika. Such an amazing comeback, but it's a loss that stings. I know she will win the US Open one day. She can beat Serena at a slam. I fully believe, though, there are many more slams in your future.

If she only had a serve.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #3876
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
Did you think Serena was doping a few weeks ago when Vika beat her?
If tennis had so much controls like in cycling : you know that your Serena would be a fallen hero ! At sports where the Americans are in power they will do everything to deceive people !

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #3877
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Vika herself is fully aware of this wasted chance and, knowing her, it'll motivate her to work even harder. I think most importantly she needs to find a good rhythm on serve more constantly again (stating the obvious, I know). I'm not talking about matches against Serena or Maria or on other very important occasions where she often raises her level of serving to an extant that her serve isn't a liability anymore. However, she should have no real business struggling that much in early rounds and losing sets simply because her serve and consequently her ground game fall apart regularly. I think it was ozza who made a good point that these days she's rarely steamrolling her opponents anymore because she simply cannot hold serve to save her life. It's those matches where you just know she's not gonna lose because she's the superior player but still she gets broken here, makes a mess of a service game there and suddenly she's lost a set in completely unnecessary fashion while giving her opponents the motivation to think that they can beat her which makes things even tougher. She should be preserving energy in the early rounds in order to avoid third sets like the one against Serena.
As for this match, I applaud her for fighting like that in the second set which isn't something everyone would have been able to do against Serena. I think she really had some chances in the first set but wasn't able to take them due to making some errors and Serena playing well on a few big points. That's where she's really lost this match imo. Had she won that set things might've looked different. But it is what it is and I'm sure Vika is even more disappointed than most of us.

Now, this season isn't over yet and she could still achieve a few things. Starting relatively fresh at the YEC and making the final would be a big goal imo. There's a chance that this loss set her back a bit mentally but I think we saw last year that it certainly doesn't have to be the case. I wish her all the best for the rest of the season - and keep fighting!

Quote:
I'm already looking towards next year and I think it's a likely possibility that we won't win a slam next year. I certainly can't see her defending the AO again.
Not sure why you'd think that. She won a major and reached a final in the year after her big breakthrough - not every player has been able to do that as we all know. She didn't play her best tennis in Australia but won, she played far from her best at the US Open and reached the final, she had a very patchy clay season and still reached the SF at RG for the first time, and if it wasn't for that injury at Wimbledon, well...and all of that in a season in which she's been struggling with injuries A LOT. Given all that, I don't see why she shouldn't be able to have similar results next year, barring new injuries of course.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #3878
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Indeed. She was really composed and gave a good and calm analysis of the match, even smiling and joking at times. Great to see!
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.

Last edited by Natural Joe : Sep 9th, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #3879
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

3 tournaments left She's the P5 GOAT this year so she'll probably win Tokyo. Coming in to the YEC having played only 60 matches or so is a good advantage to have.

Her hardcourt matches with Serena look increasingly on her racquet. Still the second favourite I guess but I see her as a realistic contender to win at least one of AO, Wimbledon and USO next year.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #3880
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

guys, let's reflect it on a positive side. of course it stings, but think, after wimby, we should have no hope. not to mention a win in cincy, her form throughout USO was quite dismal, UEs way more than W. but she found ways, she has a bigger heart. as a said before, her heart carried her through the final to come back incredibly in 2nd set. she should have lost in 2, instead she got so close in clinching it too, without playing her best. this is phenonmenal.

yes she needs to work on her part as well, on her serve particularly, to be quicker off the ground. but as we know vika, she is tough, she will work harder to become an even better player. as long as her motivation is there, 2014 looks bright to me.

her gap between serena is getting so much closer, think, in 2012 she got blitzed in olympics, but she got close in USO playing her best tennis in her career. in 2013 she got wins from one great play and one scrappy play, in this USO, she asked the question to get serena to serve out 3 times to get a win over her. that is a significant leap.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #3881
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Great match, Vika did very well to snatch that second set but the mental tank was empty in the third. I feel Serena was the deserved winner overall, Vika needed all her mental strength to keep up. So for me this was not really a wasted chance as last year was. Congrats to Serena, Vika
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #3882
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

So disappointed, because she let Serena off the hook at the beginning of the third set, failing to take advantage of that 0-30 when Serena was angry, frustrated, and possibly starting to lose the plot of the match, but she relaxed and allowed her back into the match, and Serena, unlike Vika, has a serve that allows her to stay alive even when the rest of her game is falling apart. Vika has to take each and every chance that comes her way; there's almost no error margin against Serena, if she lets go of just a single chance it may be enough to let Serena back in, and that's such a difficult task for Vika serving like she's serving these days. Also two points away from winning the first set.... Too many wasted chances at the end of the day against the best player in the world.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #3883
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

I am not ready to post yet....still fuming that she lost that first set playing like a pusher after 5-4

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #3884
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
So disappointed, because she let Serena off the hook at the beginning of the third set, failing to take advantage of that 0-30 when Serena was angry, frustrated, and possibly starting to lose the plot of the match, but she relaxed and allowed her back into the match, and Serena, unlike Vika, has a serve that allows her to stay alive even when the rest of her game is falling apart. Vika has to take each and every chance that comes her way; there's almost no error margin against Serena, if she lets go of just a single chance it may be enough to let Serena back in, and that's such a difficult task for Vika serving like she's serving these days. Also two points away from winning the first set.... Too many wasted chances at the end of the day against the best player in the world.
The bolded part is spot on, Vika was standing on court at that moment as if she didn't have a care in the world while it turned out to be a hugely important moment, had she ran to something like 0-2, 0-3 then well who knows. But judging over the whole match i feel Vika fell just a bit short here. Serena missed a whole bunch of chances in the second set and after all she was clearly superior in the third set. Apart from that third set i feel Vika did very well to hang in there given her not so great form atm.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #3885
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

She still doesnt have the belief to beat Serena in a GS final is my conclusion She got tight at 5-4 in the first set. If she had won the first set, this match wuld have been played like the Doha one.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread