*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 257 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #3841
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
It's disappointing, but I promise that no one besides Vika would've even gotten that match to a third set, so you can't have it all. if Vika can continue to improve and maintain her mental strength, she will be (and already is) a GREAT champion.
This!

Can you imagine any other player in that sort of situation? Sharapova? Li? They would have just given up..Vika does not, that sets her apart from the rest.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #3842
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Vika wasn´t great for two sets. She was horrible in the 1st set with the exception of the service game at 4-4. Serena had a 53% 1st serve percentage in the 1st set (2A/2DF), but won 85% of points behind her 1st serve. In Cincy Serena won 62% for the whole match. In Rome it was 71%. In Doha it was 69%. In all three matches those stats included a lot more aces. Vika´s ROS was poor for most of the match.
Have you ever heard of the phrase "credit where credit is due"?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #3843
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Have you ever heard of the phrase "credit where credit is due"?
Serena was about the same level today as she was, when Stosur beat her 3 and 2 two years ago. Serena played her worst match against Vika of the whole year and Vika lost. The point is, if Vika had played great she would have won the first set period. That changes the whole complexion of the match. If you get Serena on an off-day you better win.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #3844
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Serena on an off day is still tougher to beat than anything else out there. Especially in a major, it does not get any harder.

Stosur was a fluke win, Vika has played so often against her Serena is never going to underestimate her. In the end, no other player would have done it better today, all the other players would have lost 6-1 in the second set.

So how about giving her the praise she deserves? Was this a perfect match? No. Is this loss disappointing? Yes. Does she deserve all this negativity? No.

You act like she didn't do anything right today, like shel lost 6-1 6-1.. it's a joke, your standards are just ridiculous.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #3845
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

How much can we expect her serve to realistically improve? It seems that every off season it's an area she works on but we never actually see any substantial improvement apart from a few occasions a year.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #3846
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur also has a serve.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #3847
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
How much can we expect her serve to realistically improve? It seems that every off season it's an area she works on but we never actually see any substantial improvement apart from a few occasions a year.
hard to say. It's pretty much the hardest area to improve and I'm a bit afraid that any drastic changes might set her back even further.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #3848
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

Vika

The second set comeback was awesome! Unfortunately, the effort needed for the comeback drained her for the third set. Love the fighting spirit.
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #3849
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
Stosur also has a serve.
That´s true, but her serve was not the deciding factor. It was about the same level it was in Doha or Cincy. It was ROS.

US Open final: She won 37 of 101 points on ROS (37%) against a 57% 1st serve percentage. 9A/5DF.
Cincy final: She won 43 of 107 points of ROS (41%) against a 61% 1st serve percentage. 11A/6DF.
Doha final: She won 52 of 116 points on ROS (45%) against a 59% 1st serve percentage. Also 9A/5DF.
Rome final: She won 23 of 58 points on ROS (40%) against a 59% 1st serve percentage. 8A/3DF. That was in a 3-6 1-6 loss.
US Open 1st set: She won 13 of 38 points on ROS (34%) against a 53% 1st serve percentage. 2A/2DF.

Serrena had the lowest 1st serve percentage she had all year, she equalled her worst A/DF-differential yet Vika won the least amount of points on ROS she has all year. And please don´t tell me it was, because Serena was stunning during play or hit many service winners. It was not. There are no excuses. It was a poor 1st set outside of the 4-4 service game.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:35 AM   #3850
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Serve , they should spend lots of time on it, but they must know this. As said before #2 on the list would be fitness, not only because of the 3rd set today, but her injury struggles, and you can always be fitter, it would help her in back to back weeks on tour where Vika isn't always the best. It would also help improve areas like foot speed.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #3851
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Your expectations are very high Patrick. Conditions were very tough, it wasn't easy to play the perfect tennis you desire. Of course in a perfect world Vika would have won the first set, she had chances, but do I think she played a bad first set? No.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #3852
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Serve , they should spend lots of time on it, but they must know this. As said before #2 on the list would be fitness, not only because of the 3rd set today, but her injury struggles, and you can always be fitter, it would help her in back to back weeks on tour where Vika isn't always the best.
Having a better serve takes care of the conditioning problem, but Vika had a higher average 2nd serve speed than Serena today. She won more points on 2nd serve than Serena, despite her own return being sub-standard. Any way you look at this, despite the great 2nd set comeback you also have to say that if Vika played at the level of Doha/Cincy she likely wins this match as easily as Stosur did two years. That´s the sad truth underneath all the bravery and drama. She could never get her own nerves under control. This hasn´t been OlympicRena. Vika staggered her with the Doha/Cincy results and she failed to deliver the KO blow today.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #3853
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Your expectations are very high Patrick. Conditions were very tough, it wasn't easy to play the perfect tennis you desire. Of course in a perfect world Vika would have won the first set, she had chances, but do I think she played a bad first set? No.
It was windy in Doha, too.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #3854
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Oh no..... Vika must be crushed, she wanted it so much. Her heart carried her through the tournament but wasn't quite enough. The only think we could ask for is if she gave her best, CIA likely that's the same question she asked herself. Form or no form, deon the while year of injuries, you can't expect more. Serena wasn't the same Serena last year, vika wasn't the same vika last year.....
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #3855
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read through everything about her serve, but honestly she's never going to have a huge serve, but what she has had when she plays well is a consistent well placed serve that does get her free points but also gives her easy replies to attack.

For some reason, the serve has been disjointed of late. If she can regain her rhythm on it, she'll be in better position to win matches like this. Even against Serena.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread