*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 256 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #3826
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

She should have taken a toilet break before the third. She just never recovered from incredible TB.

Nothing but proud of her, Serena is one of the very biggest players this sport has ever seen and there is absolutely nobody in the sport today that can push her to the brim like Vika. That alone says so much....she will win this tournament one day, I have absolutely no doubts about that.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #3827
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder Serena likes Vika so much. Gifted her two GS titles now.

How can you come back from 5-7, 1-4 and 5-6 to reach a 3rd set and then with these stats

Serena Winners 0/ Unforced errors 7
Vika Winners 0/ Unforced errors 0

...come out 1*-2 at the start of the 3rd set. Serena was mentally crushed. She opens the set with a DF and a first shot UE. Vika had so much momentum that the fucking stupid Slam tracker exploded. Vika did nothing with it. Just like in the 1st set at 5-4, when Serena opened with a DF. Now I´m not going to say Serena was at her best. She was her Slam final nervous-self and struggled with the wind, which makes this so goddamn frustrating. This was the worst match Serena played against Vika all year, and Vika loses it. Well she won the set gifting 2-1.

Horrible mentally. Just horrible. Whenever it was close or the momentum was shifting her way, Vika played like a coward, except for the tiebreak. First game 3rd set at 0-30, she needs to break 1000%.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #3828
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

For everyone here.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #3829
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

In later analysis I think they will come to the conclusion that Vika missed a trick here.

All the momentum was with her going into the 3rd set. She had 0-30 in the first game, and Serena at this point looked in a real lull and Vika played an ordinary game to then not break. This allowed her to lose the momentum she had from winning the second. After this she got deflated and looked tired. Despite what TV are saying here, it wasn't Serena's firepower that won her the match, Serena turned ultra passive in the last 5 games, but Vika gave her all the unforced errors.

All in all it's hard to be disappointed. Vika was great for two sets, but she just run out of the gas in the end.

Things to work on in off season: the serve, let her down at some costly moments today and is the obvious weakness to be moved on. Fitness, you can always be fitter and I felt like Vika was ultimately let down today by running out of gas in the end.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #3830
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

From a die hard Serena fan, I gotta take my hat off to Azarenka. The girl has fight and belief that not even Sharapova has when playing Serena. The third set must've been a letdown, but I just think Serena was not going to be denied. She is not a fluke and is not someone who's only going to have a good 2-3 years. She's here to stay and you guys should be proud fans. She makes my nerves bad for her matches with Serena, but she has proven she can hang in there with one of the greatest of all times.

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #3831
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
A friend of mine said she was crying in the ceremony.
I think it would've hurt considerably more than last year's.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #3832
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
In later analysis I think they will come to the conclusion that Vika missed a trick here.

All the momentum was with her going into the 3rd set. She had 0-30 in the first game, and Serena at this point looked in a real lull and Vika played an ordinary game to then not break. This allowed her to lose the momentum she had from winning the second. After this she got deflated and looked tired. Despite what TV are saying here, it wasn't Serena's firepower that won her the match, Serena turned ultra passive in the last 5 games, but Vika gave her all the unforced errors.

All in all it's hard to be disappointed. Vika was great for two sets, but she just run out of the gas in the end.

Things to work on in off season: the serve, let her down at some costly moments today and is the obvious weakness to be moved on. Fitness, you can always be fitter and I felt like Vika was ultimately let down today by running out of gas in the end.

Yes, she looked beat in the end. But that recovery in the 2nd must have been so incredibly draining, it's hard to blame her for it.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #3833
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I'm SO proud of Vika even though she lost . I would've been thrilled with a win, but honestly couldn't be more proud with the way she fought today and showed she really is a top player. If she can stay healthy (let's pray for that ) she will continue to be a great player.

One thing she needs to work on is closing out matches. She almost blew it in Cincinnati and you can't really both the first set today and not capitalizing on her momentum in the third show she could be a little more clutch when ahead. Still, the way she is SO intense on every single point you can't even blame her for having a few lapses . I do pray she'll work on the serve though. No double faults in the first set was a shocking treat but it was bad overall in the tournament and she can't hit that many double faults going forward.

Nevertheless, I wish GREAT luck for her, and I'm very confident that, after being this close two years in a row, she will beat Williams in a Grand Slam AND win the US Open!

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #3834
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Hard loss, i thought she should have a good chance in the third set. Still i see many positive things in her future based on this. But hard to look at it positive right now.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #3835
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, she could've been better in the third, but that 0-0 game, even though it was 0-30, was then won by amazing serves from Williams, not Vika letting up. The real mistake was blowing 40-15 at *1-2. It's disappointing, but I promise that no one besides Vika would've even gotten that match to a third set, so you can't have it all. if Vika can continue to improve and maintain her mental strength, she will be (and already is) a GREAT champion.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #3836
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

Vika

Vika

Great effort- she's gonna win it next year!
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #3837
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

I still think Victoria kind of lost part of the match in the first set. She had Serena in the ropes, Serena was annoyed by everything and the wind but just didn't do enough to take it [...] after it's really complicated to play catch up ALL the time. Victoria needs to take another step again if she wants to defeat her in a slam.

I feel it could happen in Australia. Plexicushion is her best surface, she's challenged Serena many times in the past there -- but she needs to take the next mental step. I don't think her serve was that bad in this final. Up until the middle of the second set, she hadn't stroke a single double-fault.

Overall though, it was a good match. Victoria will take confidence out of this especially that she was once again able to up her level tremendously. Her best game is really so beautiful when it clicks... and theses droppers.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #3838
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Vika wasn´t great for two sets. She was horrible in the 1st set with the exception of the service game at 4-4. Serena had a 53% 1st serve percentage in the 1st set (2A/2DF), but won 85% of points behind her 1st serve. In Cincy Serena won 62% for the whole match. In Rome it was 71%. In Doha it was 69%. In all three matches those stats included a lot more aces. Vika´s ROS was poor for most of the match.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #3839
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Great standing ovation from the crowd, again not that it matters much, but still nice.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #3840
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
It's disappointing, but I promise that no one besides Vika would've even gotten that match to a third set, so you can't have it all. if Vika can continue to improve and maintain her mental strength, she will be (and already is) a GREAT champion.
This!

Can you imagine any other player in that sort of situation? Sharapova? Li? They would have just given up..Vika does not, that sets her apart from the rest.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Closed Thread