*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 253 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #3781
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I believe in Vika's ROS to do the damage. Also she'll manage to hold wen needed. She makes her opponents run and that'll be key. She needs to move Serena as much as possible and wear her down. Also she is long due for a win over Serena in a Slam. I want her to win this title!!!!! Please Vika do your best and get ur hands on that Slam!!!

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3782
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
I wonder if i see the same matches as other viewers. The haters of Vikas game will always says she plays bad (because their favorites are out) but now it seems too many say the same thing. I actually think her last two matches were really good. Not perfect (certainly not the serve) but still very good.
I think there are 2 reasons why people are saying she was playing poorly. First, if you didn't watch and just looked at the stats, Flavia was 19/23 winners/UE while Vika was 15/25 winners/UE. Most GM thinks player played crap if less winners than UE or if loser had more winners than the winner. Second, Serena is the top server and holds serve very well, so if you can't hold serve like Serena you played crap.

When Vika plays strong baseliners, she normally doesn't hit tons of winners but she causes a lot of forced and unforced errors by the opponent. She only hits tons of winners against the pushers.

I thought she played very well except service games. The couple of games where she got a lot of first serves in, she held though.
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #3783
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by altheoaf View Post
I think there are 2 reasons why people are saying she was playing poorly. First, if you didn't watch and just looked at the stats, Flavia was 19/23 winners/UE while Vika was 15/25 winners/UE. Most GM thinks player played crap if less winners than UE or if loser had more winners than the winner. Second, Serena is the top server and holds serve very well, so if you can't hold serve like Serena you played crap.

When Vika plays strong baseliners, she normally doesn't hit tons of winners but she causes a lot of forced and unforced errors by the opponent. She only hits tons of winners against the pushers.

I thought she played very well except service games. The couple of games where she got a lot of first serves in, she held though.
Yes agree, some of them might not even have watched the match, just the Winners/UE stat. That statistic is not so important for Vika, if they added forced errors it would give a better picture.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #3784
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Vika in the final again . Serena is favorite but scenario is similar to Cincinatti really so could be interesting.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #3785
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Thought it was comfortably her best performance of the tournament, much more attack and depth on the groundstrokes, controlling the points. People get too hung up on the number of service breaks, a match like yesterday doesn't have typical structure or "momentum" (hate that word) but I thought the actual quality of the points was good in general.

I also think both vika and serena have been holding something back. Serena specifically her serve, I think she's going to come out and really ramp up the speed, Vika just has to hang with her.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #3786
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Serena fans still doing the thing where they underrate Vika even in spite of recent matches. As if they expect Serena to play at an A level for an entire match.
Seems to me that the real Serena fans and notorious ones are quite fair weathered on this final and know that this is not a foregone affair. There are lots of Victoria haters disguised in Serena fans spilling their usual nonsense.

Despite the fact that their last 2 hard-court matches went 3 and that 3 of their last 4 was a 3-setter ; despite the fact that 5 of their overall 9 hard-court encounters went the distance only exceptions being Toronto, US Open 2011, YEC 2012 and Miami 2009 --; some of them still talk about beat-down.

Even in the US Open's 2011 encounter, Victoria should have taken a set had she managed the tie-breack more effectively... the YEC match wasn't even a beat-down and Victoria had a 3-0 lead in the second...

This is just a small group of people who refuse to face the facts.

Also people forget that Serena has never defended a US Open title, this is new territory for her too in front of her home crowd and she herself admitted that she was nervous in the SF against Li... why wouldn't she be just like Victoria in the final ? She's certainly not a robot and I think this is going to be great match with a lot of drama.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #3787
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Seems to me that the real Serena fans and notorious ones are quite fair weathered on this final and know that this is not a foregone affair. There are lots of Victoria haters disguised in Serena fans spilling their usual nonsense.

Despite the fact that their last 2 hard-court matches went 3 and that 3 of their last 4 was a 3-setter ; despite the fact that 5 of their overall 9 hard-court encounters went the distance only exceptions being Toronto, US Open 2011, YEC 2012 and Miami 2009 --; some of them still talk about beat-down.

Even in the US Open's 2011 encounter, Victoria should have taken a set had she managed the tie-breack more effectively... the YEC match wasn't even a beat-down and Victoria had a 3-0 lead in the second...

This is just a small group of people who refuse to face the facts.

Also people forget that Serena has never defended a US Open title, this is new territory for her too in front of her home crowd and she herself admitted that she was nervous in the SF against Li... why wouldn't she be just like Victoria in the final ? She's certainly not a robot and I think this is going to be great match with a lot of drama.
This is so true It happens with Sharapova too, and I find it irksome to no end: the necessity to pose as a fake Serena fan.

On topic: if, as in Cinci, Vika is able to find a rhythm to her serve, her chances will increase exponentially, as I think the rest of her game is perfectly OK atm. It doesn't need to be a weapon, but it should be at least serviceable, not the liability we've seen in the previous rounds.

I agree about Serena's nerves too. Her FH and footwork can sort of fall apart when she gets too tight; it's happened several times this season. It would be important too if Vika could have a good start and avoided Serena steam rolling over her in the first stages of the match; it's not always easy to play catch up with her.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #3788
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post

Its gone somewhat normal now. It's the approx £500k that out of nowhere decided it wanted to oppose her that is somewhat worrying. There are a number of theories you can take from this, but that's not normal.
This still seems odd to me. Perhaps just someone that made a very bad big bet, but i doubt it is normal for the odds to go up that much just before the match without any inside information. And then back down again somewhat.

But she seemed fine with no indication of injury so i guess water under the bridge now.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #3789
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

There are a lot of people impressed by vika working her way through the tournament. Granted, all heart.

But she is also facing a very determined Serena here, looked how she played every point here in her matches. We still need stars to align for vika. One of the report shows vika takes 40% of Serena's second serve, win or lose. And the 2 times vika win she served a 78% first serve. So the majority of stake is weather vika can hold serve. And that vika's return hand is on fire to put pressure on Serena's first serve.

Ah, it's exciting and frightening, seeing how she advanced by her grittiness and if her A game will ever come in the most important match.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #3790
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Cronin picked Vika in 3

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #3791
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I know. That's scary.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #3792
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

What does that even mean.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #3793
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

this is it! this is so it!
now im getting excited! i hope Vika pulls this off
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #3794
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

This super bitch.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #3795
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sooo nervous already.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread