*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 251 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #3751
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Yes exactly, her amazing stats are not mentioned enough. Just an example, last year semi final the swedish commentator went on and on about that Sharapova didn't lose a three set match all season. Vika had the exact same stat but not mentioned once.

Serena record this year is impressive, but i heard that over and over. Vikas record is also great, especially on hard courts, but i rarely hear that at all.

Or perhaps it is just the swedish commentators.
No it is all of them. German commentator swears he has never seen Vika attack the net volley, slice or dropshot. When he brought up the season records he only mentioned how often Serena has won, how often Pennetta hasnt because she was injured and Vika just decided to play less to focus on Slams. No word about the 42-4 or injuries. Sorry now I rememeber when she withdrew from Wimbledon not to overplay for the US Open.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #3752
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

I think Vika has learnt to handle the pressure and expectations much better than most of her opponents. In Wimbledon e.g. Kirsten Flipkens in semifinal and Sabine Lisicki in final couldn't maintain their level and the pressure of sudden success. In this case Flavia Pennetta was first time in Grand Slam semifinal, and all this sudden success for probably too much to handle. The same thing probably happened to Simona Halep in this tournament.

On the other hand Vika has acquired a huge rutine to play as a big favourite and win in major tournaments. In Cincinnati Vika had a really messy semifinal vs Jelena Jankovic, but she managed to rise her level in final vs Serena Williams. I think anything is possible on Sunday's final.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #3753
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

If Vika can manage to hold some service games, then she'll be able to do some damage. But will that happen against Serena playing like that

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #3754
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
I think Vika has learnt to handle the pressure and expectations much better than most of her opponents. In Wimbledon e.g. Kirsten Flipkens in semifinal and Sabine Lisicki in final couldn't maintain their level and the pressure of sudden success. In this case Flavia Pennetta was first time in Grand Slam semifinal, and all this sudden success for probably too much to handle. The same thing probably happened to Simona Halep in this tournament.
Well its also a matter of their genereal level of play and experience at the later stages of Slams. Well Lisicki just being Lisicki. Shell act like that till the end of her career. I dont think Halep choked. She certainly didnt play her best, but she was also incredibly unlucky. At setpoint she had physically broken down Pennetta (2-4 to 5-4) a little like Vika in the 2nd set today. Then came the long break that allowed Pennetta to recover. Its highly unlikely imho that Pennetta wins the match without the rain break. Then Halep makes the semi. Halep is young and coming off that super four title run she actually handled the fatigue and expectations pretty well. Could easily have gone out in the 1st round.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #3755
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
So, what F opponent do you you guys fancy?

Me, I actually would prefer her to play Serena. She seems very comfortable playing her these days and there would be very little pressure on her side.

She would be the favorite against Li, not sure that would help.
I think she has a better chance against Li. Against Serena, it depends how Serena is serving- if Serena is serving well it is extremely difficult to beat her.

In any case, hope Vika keeps being a beast on ROS and serves like the last service game today.

Very happy with today's win. Well done!
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #3756
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

The other SF being completely NID, as expected. Would be great for tennis to have a final between world number 1 and 2.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #3757
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
The other SF being completely NID, as expected. Would be great for tennis to have a final between world number 1 and 2.
Serena agrees with you, righrt now.
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #3758
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

Poor Li. Hope Vika spends all day tomorrow working on her serve to be ready for Serena.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #3759
country flag altheoaf

Vika should cut down drop shots against faster players. They were effective against slower players like Ana and Dani. They were not so effective against Flavia and probably will not work well against Serena either.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #3760
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by altheoaf View Post
Vika should cut down drop shots against faster players. They were effective against slower players like Ana and Dani. They were not so effective against Flavia and probably will not work well against Serena either.
Today her timing and execution was horrible But she can play it much better wen needed against Serena.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #3761
country flag altheoaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Today her timing and execution was horrible But she can play it much better wen needed against Serena.
I hope you are right
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #3762
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by altheoaf View Post
I do not agree. I think it's breaking the opponents rhythm. Unfortunately, sometimes, they are breaking Vika's rhythm..
But most of all, i think it's a good alternative.
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #3763
country flag Patrick345

Someitmes I think Eurosport is intentionally trying to get people not to watch their program. What kind of a dumbass commentator would mention that the H2H between Serena/Vika is 12-3 and not mention the recent results?
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #3764
country flag altheoaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Someitmes I think Eurosport is intentionally trying to get people not to watch their program. What kind of a dumbass commentator would mention that the H2H between Serena/Vika is 12-3 and not mention the recent results?
It's not just the Eurosport commentators- a lot of the US commentators say the same kind of crap. They were going on today (especially Johnny Mac) about how surprising the number of breaks. Haven't they seen any of Vika's other matches
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #3765
country flag altheoaf

Vika's next opponent- Serena for the US Open title! Good luck Vika
Closed Thread