*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 248 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #3706
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Vika

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 03:59 AM   #3707
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Solid (good) match from Victoria overall, had to leave after the first set but that set was pretty good and satisfying... her level started dipping afterwards. Pennetta will be interesting.

BTW, her return game was jaw-dropping for most.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #3708
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Is it 30-1 now on hard courts this year?

Funny when most of us agree(me included) that she played even better on hard court last year.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #3709
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

the main obstacle so far is herself, not able to concentrate from the ready-go.

i still think her last year's actual playing is better in USO vs this year. she was faster off the ground. but this year, the high is really her mental toughness.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #3710
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Apart from being the youngest semifinalist by miles, Vika was also the youngest quarterfinalist here, and also the youngest quarterfinalist in Paris.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #3711
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

With the way today's game is going she's still very much a youngster compared to the other top players.

Just get to the final and hope for the 20% chance that she'll win the tournament.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #3712
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that first set was jus Going for winners at her will and amazing droppers. Gurl please play well against Flavia:cheer

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #3713
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

I remember when Penetta lost to Johanna Larsson in Båstad and the swedish commentators kept mentioning that she still had a very high level (I guess to hype up the swedish win a bit). I guess this proves them right.

But this is a very good chance for Vika to get to another grand slam final, which would be amazing.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #3714
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Consecutive matches against the two players she lost to in her Dark Time in 2011.

I've never thought of Pennetta as having a big first serve but speed-wise it looks impressive. Probably not powerful enough to cause major problems, unless she also has a high percentage.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #3715
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow's schedule of play:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/s...chedule18.html

So Vika vs Flavia match won't start before 13:45 in local time. Max Mirnyi seems to play in Mixed Doubles final.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #3716
country flag viktoria,neveri

viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all

i will not
be able to watch.

good luck.
viktoria,neveri is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #3717
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

it's in the middle of the night for me... see if i can keep awake.

just rewatched the highlights of vika-pennetta match in 2011, flavia can give vika a run for the money. very fluid, good serve, great defense, all court tennis. vika's relative strength is her power and redirection of balls. and she cannot afford mental lapses. if she is into the match early, play tough and agressive, she should get through, otherwise can be a tough one to crack, flavia has nothing to lose here and doesn't have major weaknesses.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #3718
country flag SilverSlam

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
This is interesting. The longer you're at the top the more videos other players and coaches will have to analyse. Apart from possibly Serena every player has distinct weaknesses and predictabilities, it can take a while for the best counter-plans to become well known, for example Wozniacki was number one for ages until people worked out you had to play a disciplined, patient game against her and not try to win points too early.

Of course trying to dictate the points against vika can lead to opponents bombing out spectacularly, and if vika is in top form (Beijing last year Bartoli and Sharapova went all out at her and got blown out) its very hard to do. In Vika's current form and playstyle its got a much better chance of succeeding.
This is actually a really good point. But the plus for Vika is that it does take usually a very inform hard hitting player to actually beat her (examples being Serena, Maria, to a lesser extent Cibulkova). There is yet to be a really solid gameplan that everyone can apply to her (like with Wozniacki) which shows a way to beat her everytime.

I don't think there will be an easy way to beat her either, she's too adaptable unlike Caro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #3719
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Consecutive matches against the two players she lost to in her Dark Time in 2011.

I've never thought of Pennetta as having a big first serve but speed-wise it looks impressive. Probably not powerful enough to cause major problems, unless she also has a high percentage.
that was such terrible time All hail GrannyRenka for saving tennis

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #3720
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

GM is messed up. Twice as many posts about Vika's physique than about her semifinal match.

Her play in the quarterfinal was much better than previous rounds. ROS very good. Service games were better but still need improvement.

Good luck Vika!
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread