*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 246 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #3676
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altheoaf View Post
Wow, the haters are out in force in GM. Keep pressing them Vika.
She's still a huge threat.
Even though her game is shit, she's fighting harder than her opponents. Winning while playing like crap is always dangerous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:11 PM   #3677
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
She's still a huge threat.
Even though her game is shit, she's fighting harder than her opponents. Winning while playing like crap is always dangerous.
And annoying the other fanbases!!
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:35 PM   #3678
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

1st match night session against Hantuchova.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 08:49 PM   #3679
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I actually thought this was a good performance outside of the serve, which just brings her results down. She broke Ana once in the 1st set, okay that is not great. She broke her FOUR! times each in the 2nd and 3rd set. That just tells you everything about her serve. It´s not a close match at that point, if your serve is good. You just don´t break Ana eight times in two sets, if your groundgame is shit. Especially not, when Ana is confident and has won the first set 6-4 with a W/FE to UE differential of +25.

The Hantuchova match will be more of the same. Big returns and a big serve. Hantuchova won´t screw around. I have been fairly impressed with the matches against Riske and Glushko. The matches were better than the names would lead you to expect. Still Hantuchova will make more errors than Ana imho, but she better show up from the first game onwards. The depth needs to be there from game one or it could be another long day.
Interesting resumé.

Reading GM since I didn't see it, the match seemed like a total absolute catastrophe but most people hate Victoria and reason through emotions rather than rationally so obviously it's to be taken with a grain of salt.

If it was indeed that bad, I hope Victoria does something with her level of play [...] I mean we're already in the QF and at that stage this is extremely worrying if she's regressing like that, ugh (!)

I've been really positive this first week and giving Victoria the benefit of the doubt BECAUSE it's only just a first week of a slam but right now [...] seriously, I really can't see her repeating/replicating a Cincinnati scenario in a major that time [...] I mean if she does it (again !), wow (!) I'll (almost) never ever criticize her again when she plays bad. Anyways, good luck against Hantuchova.
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 09:05 PM   #3680
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Vika! A win is a win I guess...please play better next round.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 09:14 PM   #3681
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Vika Way to pull through!

Bally

goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 09:46 PM   #3682
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Ok now it is time to step up the form. The match today was a bit worrying, but she is still in the tournament.

Before the tournament i thought it would be amazing if she could reach the final. Just the consistency to always (except when she falls on grass) be in the final rounds at every grand slam. Not there yet but close.

Do you think it will bad or good to not get a day off?
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:09 PM   #3683
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Ok now it is time to step up the form. The match today was a bit worrying, but she is still in the tournament.

Before the tournament i thought it would be amazing if she could reach the final. Just the consistency to always (except when she falls on grass) be in the final rounds at every grand slam. Not there yet but close.

Don't think it matters either way.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:11 PM   #3684
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I actually thought this was a good performance outside of the serve, which just brings her results down.
Agree. The last 2 sets were like her match with Jankovic at Cincinnati- excellent pressure to get breaks but crap serving. Hopefully soon she breaks out of her serving funk and serves like Cincinnati final.
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:16 PM   #3685
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Vika should be okay since she has night match- she can work on her serve and backhand in the morning.
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:22 PM   #3686
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Wilander said something interesting there about how opponents approach Vika matches these days and that the book is out that under no circumstances can you allow her to dictate the rallies and that´s how Ana went about her business. It worked for one set. Try to take control of the rallies. Vika´s serve is the first and best opportunity. No point in putting it back in play and watch Vika take control and gradually wear you down.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:50 PM   #3687
country flag oleada

oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future

Oh my god, you guys, I was there. The fuckery is so much worse in person. I was dying. And I'm getting over a sore throat so I couldn't even yell words of encouragement!

Her serve was total crap, there's no hiding that. But she was returning well - but Ana was playing well too, and Vika couldn't get her game going. She was breaking Ana very easily in the second and third sets, but couldn't hold worth shit. If she could only hold her serve more easily, these matches wouldn't be half the mess....

The dropshot was sweeeet. It should be an effective play against Hantuchova, too.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 02:18 AM   #3688
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

i couldn't watch after 1st set live and then saw the replay highlights for the rest. i thought the drop shots were well placed and on those tight occassions she could execute was quite a charm. i agree her groundstrokes were okay, the contrast was ana was really playing her heart out to smack and defend. vika's engine to warm up takes too long in first set, she will have that problem as all opponents cos everyone else is ready from start-go, while in her own words always seem to be in 'sleeping' mode all the time until danger knocks the door. the way she is playing crappily looks we will be in 'patient' mode and ready for long matches. oh well. somehow she has mastered the theme of 'playing ugly' and somehow still winning.
joshum is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #3689
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Very funny Vika I was on the road yesday night and couldn't do anything except looking at live scores and read Vikaland going haywire in the Livescores thread My BBerry didnt allow me to login. If Vika thinks her opponents will roll over then its not gonna happen. She needs to up her game from QF otherwise she can take her ass back to Monaco or California wherever she wants to She is playing shitty tennis and she needs to realize that before her time runs out here in NY.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #3690
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I admit to not having seen any of her matches in full so far, but is it really worth the panic? She knows and we know she can make it click in any given match.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread