*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 241 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #3601
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
She is always so irretated with herself in the early rounds. I think it was a good win. Seeing her win 6-0 6-0 6-3 6-1 sure beats having to wait for twitter messages if she shall withdraw or not. (Indian Wells, Miami, Wimbledon)

People already talking about that Ivanovic will have some chances. Good, they did they same before Wimbledon last year. Experts on tv said "I go with Ivanovic in three sets in this one".

First Cornet which i think should be an rather easy win if she plays at her normal level.
Vika won't under estimate both this time round after rather dicey 3 sets in RG and Cincy against cornet and ivanovic. Am sure she will up her game.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #3602
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Fell asleep waiting for her match to start and missed the first set, damn you ferrer. From what I saw in the second she was very cautious again, attacking short balls but not looking to boss the points. Lots of shots on the service line and not really getting her body through her shots. I guess she criticised herself for this in her press conference. Its a bit similar to how she played in istanbul last year and very different to cincy. She should beat everyone in her half except on-fire kvitova (and halep??) playing like this, but I think she can increase her attack without leaking errors.
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #3603
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Kvitova hasn't been 'on fire' for ages.

I'm personally not worried about the upcoming rounds, she doesn't have anything to prove by going at 100% in the opening rounds.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #3604
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
No but Petra can play well in a few matches, or in patches within a match. Actually she was like that that before her hype bubble popped, just the good patches lasted longer. I would back high-level Vika to beat whatever Kvitova shows up, but the cautious play vika has shown the first 2 rounds would be nice pickings for Petra if her game was clicking.
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #3605
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
No but Petra can play well in a few matches, or in patches within a match. Actually she was like that that before her hype bubble popped, just the good patches lasted longer. I would back high-level Vika to beat whatever Kvitova shows up, but the cautious play vika has shown the first 2 rounds would be nice pickings for Petra if her game was clicking.
Plus I am sure that if she makes it to the QF, no matter what, she will raise her level against Vika. Anyway, her movement and fitness limitations are too blatant these days not to be exploited (see Halep match). Her only chance would be if she was extremely sharp with her two or three first shots to make the rallies as short as possible, and she would have to keep it up for the whole match, but when was the last time that Petra played like that ? Also her serve has nothing to do with what it used to be in 2011 (when it was such a weapon for her) and, as we've seen many times this season, is prone to fall apart at the worst of times.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3606
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

In 2011 YEC Vika made it much closer. I dont think a 2012/13 Vika will lose to Petra even if she is playing at her 2011 level Her mental strength is at a different level now.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #3607
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
In 2011 YEC Vika made it much closer. I dont think a 2012/13 Vika will lose to Petra even if she is playing at her 2011 level Her mental strength is at a different level now.
Don't underestimate 2011 Petra though. The girl was amazing, and could be unplayable at times, but that happened more in the first half of the year, her peak was so short lived; and her actual slump really started in the second half. It's been almost two years now, and she's not going to get those standards again all of a sudden as if by magic (what some of her fans are still expecting), if, of course, they finally get to meet each other.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #3608
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Vika second on Armstrong. Wozniacki Ashe evening match again
garwe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3609
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Does Cronin have a say on the scheduling? Not that the court really matters but still...
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #3610
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Don't care about the court at all, as long as there is a camera..
But the time is perfect this time for me.
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #3611
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Yes it doesn't matter. Good if she can win early and get it over with.
garwe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 02:39 AM   #3612
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I don't like it. Vika by all rights should be on Ashe!!
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 03:15 AM   #3613
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

About 1:00am for me.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 04:25 AM   #3614
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Day matches are important on a weekend. Vika's last match was filled up in Armstrong. For me its nice to see her play in front of a full crowd with lots of support

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #3615
country flag joshum

Wow Armstrong is going fast with halep rushing through 1st set already. Vika can be up soon quickly
Closed Thread