*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 235 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #3511
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Thursday.

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #3512
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

WTA ‏@WTA
.@BillieJeanKing & @Vika7 Azarenka to light @EmpireStateBldg in #WTA colors Thursday night to celebrate #WTA40LOVE.

Yet more promotional push from the WTA. The WTA are pushing Vika hard atm, its been very apparent last couple of weeks.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #3513
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes all the sense in the world, she'll be leading the sport once Serena retires so they have to build her up slowly.

My Tennis Photography - Flickr
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 04:44 AM   #3514
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

This is a good thing, unlike, you know ...
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM   #3515
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Is anyone a bit surprised at the relative lack of acclaim for the match on sunday? I thought it was great, at a higher level than both the USO and Doha matches. I've read a lot of reports describing it as strange or fluctuating, personally I thought it was the best match I've seen this year on the wta side.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM   #3516
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Is anyone a bit surprised at the relative lack of acclaim for the match on sunday? I thought it was great, at a higher level than both the USO and Doha matches. I've read a lot of reports describing it as strange or fluctuating, personally I thought it was the best match I've seen this year on the wta side.
I thought it was a lower level than the US Open and Doha matches . And I can see where those reports come from, the first set for example really was a damp squib, Vika basically completely no posted that first set, no ground game, no intensity, no pace, no real threat. It was full credit that she then come out in the second set as basically a new player full of intent and purpose.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM   #3517
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I thought it was a lower level than the US Open and Doha matches . And I can see where those reports come from, the first set for example really was a damp squib, Vika basically completely no posted that first set, no ground game, no intensity, no pace, no real threat. It was full credit that she then come out in the second set as basically a new player full of intent and purpose.
Well there you go then

I thought in Doha Vika was fantastic third set, but she was aided by Serena going exceptionally passive and popping a lot of balls up into the centre of the court, and aided in the first set by the Serena's terrible start.

While the New York match was more similar to sunday, (and not just in scoreline), towards the end Vika lost the balance between control and aggression, at first playing too conservative and letting Serena dominate, and then trying to hit winners too early and missing.

For me the match on sunday got better and better as it went along. Serena was really exceptional in the first set, serve + perfectly controlled aggression off the ground, her level dipped somewhat and she lost some pop on her serve but she wasn't poor at any time, and still generally aggressive in her play. Towards the end of the first set Vika's ball striking started to click into place, then her movement, and from then on she was very very good; and from 4-5* she was outstanding.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 12:32 PM   #3518
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

11 points in a 2-6 set is actually somewhat bizarre, often a player who gets bagelled gets more points than that, so I think that first set is what takes away from the overall acclaim of the match. I prefer Doha but both are memorable victories for mine.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 02:29 PM   #3519
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

From chris evert. She really likes vika.
------------------

I think Victoria Azarenka is the one player that doesn’t fear Serena. Victoria is like a street fighter out there. She’s hungry. Hard courts are her best surface. It’s a good matchup. Azarenka, it’s a good matchup for her playing Serena. What she does better than anybody else against Serena is the moving and court coverage. She can run down Serena’s power and defuse it with her own power.

I love the fearlessness of Azarenka. I think rivalry, it’s too soon to tell, but I think it’s going to make for a more interesting US Open, as she is challenging Serena.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 02:30 PM   #3520
country flag ozza

Victoria ‏@unseededlooming 10m
Azarenka drawing a decent crowd on P5. pic.twitter.com/G6KBcC4bhG

Victoria ‏@unseededlooming 7m
Sumyk is throwing balls from mid court right at her feet. Some kind of on the rise drill.

Victoria ‏@unseededlooming 4m
Crowd watching Vika (and Wickmayer obv.) pic.twitter.com/QteLnm6sD5

Victoria ‏@unseededlooming 3m
Best shot in tennis obv. pic.twitter.com/Zkn4ur7Uw1
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 03:18 AM   #3521
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

So anyway, Sunday the youth and I were over at my parents house helping with their computer (they are convinced only my teenaged son can understand computers because he is a teenager. Now, they happen to be right, but anyway...).

My Mom walked in and saw Vika on TV and said "She has cute dimples."

The tennis insight of my mother.

Although it's hard to argue with her. Vika DOES have cute dimples.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 05:54 AM   #3522
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Mothers know best ^

Hopefully Sharapova gets well soon, i know how it feels to follow and hope for the best for a player plagued by injuries.

I guess this means the QF draw (and the round before) is the most important for Vika. I think she had bad luck with draws recently. For this one i think i would like her out of Li Na's quarter. She would probably still be a favorite in that match, but not by so much. (Even with 5 straight wins).

And i guess after their last match Stosur could also be dangerous in the round before. (Or can she draw her? i dont really know the details of the draw rules).
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:12 AM   #3523
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur could end up being Vika's QF opponent at the earliest as she's seeded 10th(?). If she were seeded 13th or higher thats when you'll see her in the 4th round or whatever.

EDIT: Because in the R4 matches, 1-4 get 12-16, and 4-8 get 8-12 so it's impossible for Sam to end up in Vika's draw before the QFs. That's why for players who struggle against the top 4 (ANA) her fans always want her to be ranked 12 or 11 so she faces someone ranked 4-8 rather than 1-4 in the 4th round.

Last edited by SilverSlam : Aug 22nd, 2013 at 07:23 AM.
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #3524
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
#USOpen draw: Azarenka opens against Dinah Pfizenmaier, then gets the winner of Wozniak-Dolonc.
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3525
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
#USOpen draw women's projected quarterfinals: Serena-Kerber, Radwanska-Li, Wozniacki-Errani, Kvitova-Azarenka.
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread