*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 226 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #3376
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Vika is first on Centre Court tomorrow (11am local time, 5pm CET).

So despite me claiming on GM I don't think this will be streamed tomorrow, it will . Actually pleasantly surprised, thought they would have gone with one of the other matches.
It should be. She is number 2 seed. And lost Maria already.

Oh pls play well vika.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #3377
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Vika is first on Centre Court tomorrow (11am local time, 5pm CET).

So despite me claiming on GM I don't think this will be streamed tomorrow, it will . Actually pleasantly surprised, thought they would have gone with one of the other matches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
It should be. She is number 2 seed. And lost Maria already.

Oh pls play well vika.
I saw that ozza wrote that and i thought so too. Suprised they didn't for example put Stephens on a streamed court. I would not have been upset if they did. (In her home country after winning over Sharapova)

In most cases i think Vika is treated well regarding which court she plays on.

Well to the important part, may we hope for a win without today with no real problem. 6-2, 6-2 would be nice.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #3378
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
This.

I can't with Vika and Maria playing like crap/recovering from injuries before the Open.
I don't know, you can't play at Peak Level straight after an injury.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #3379

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Rybarikova is one of those players whose name I hear mentioned sometimes but I could never tell you what she looks like or how she plays.
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #3380
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Rybarikova is one of those players whose name I hear mentioned sometimes but I could never tell you what she looks like or how she plays.
She's pretty good when not injured, wide range of shots, volleys, good feel. I guess the closest comparison is a more aggressive Radwanska but without the footspeed. She actually uses more variety in her game than Radwanska does despite Radwanska getting widely praised for this. If she hadn't had injuries she would be solid top 30.

Vika should steamroller her though.
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #3381

Right, cheers. I don't know how long it's going to take but I'd really like Vika to at least start playing at 70%+ soon. I need some affirmation that we won't bundle out early at the USO.
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #3382
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, will miss the match as I'm shooting an ITF tournament all day today.... please play well Vika!

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #3383
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

In theory Vika should be able to rush Rybarikova off the court pretty much. Rybarikova likes to have time to set up what she wants to do, if Vika plays well she won't allow her to do this. If it just becomes a hitting contest from the back of the court there should be only one winner.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #3384
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

def. Rybarikova 6-3 6-4

Couldn't hold serve to save her life in the second set. Her ground game was solid though. Looking forward to next round!

Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #3385
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

It was only just a matter of time...

Anyways, much better from Victoria overall, much more groove in her game, better fluidity on the forehand side - wasn't forcing her strokes/aggressive plays or fighting the ball like she often used to since comeback...

However, she still needs to tweak some stuffs... these second sets are still too irregular for my liking...

That said, this was really a quality enjoyable match... beautiful variety and power from both - you can feel Victoria is starting to be much more relaxed and playing extremely close to how she knows to, nice match and keep going.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #3386
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

It was a little bit strange match. Vika had no major problems in receiving, but service was less than satisfactory. Her fitness level seems to be okay. Perhaps the next match will give her some extra motivation to get rid of rustiness that there might be left.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #3387
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Finally she found the balance between O and D, W and U, and shown her backhand which has disappeared for quite a long time. Her R2 match reminded me of the way she played before 2011 lol.

All right, good sign, she's getting better I guess. Btw the last ball of set2, 9th game should definitely be the hot shot of today.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #3388
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
It was only just a matter of time...

Anyways, much better from Victoria overall, much more groove in her game, better fluidity on the forehand side - wasn't forcing her strokes/aggressive plays or fighting the ball like she often used to since comeback...

However, she still needs to tweak some stuffs... these second sets are still too irregular for my liking...

That said, this was really a quality enjoyable match... beautiful variety and power from both - you can feel Victoria is starting to be much more relaxed and playing extremely close to how she knows to, nice match and keep going.
I agree, this was more recognisable as the Vika we're used to seeing. Dominant on return, second set I don't know how many points Magda was winning on serve in that second set but it can't have been many. Felt like Vika lost every deuce game on serve though, I wonder if other players have been analysing her serve patterns because it looked awfully predictable at times.
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #3389
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

A much more confident overall look today. Maybe the match practice is already showing, even if she's still far from her best, but this is the first time since her come back that I've seen some real improvement signs.

The serve is still an issue though. It doesn't need to be a weapon, it never has been, but neither a liability. She doesn't need to take so much risk with the second serve, especially against players like Rybarikova or La Woz, if they meet tomorrow, who aren't big hitters and won't normally produce winning returns or put that much pressure on her serve.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3390
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Service was really bad i thought.

Movement was great, considering what happened before this year, and backhand was back. She seemed to balance how much she went for her shots. When she is in better form she can go for the lines more.

Overall, happy to see her healthy(at least for now) and winning.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread