*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 222 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3316
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Victoria really needs match-play at the moment -; don't think she's injured but she probably thinks she needs much more practice ; But we know Victoria hates to give nasty displays, is a perfectionist and for sure she'll own her practice sessions by giving it her very best ; I think differently on the way to go...

But she knows what works for her better so we'll see how things go... to be honest, 2013 is really a mess - all these interruptions due to injuries and/or else is really messing up her whole rhythm all the freaking time (a similar scenario to Clijsters pre-retirement)...

Cincinnati is one of, if not, Victoria's worst Premier 5 (certainly due to the super-fast courts) - can't even remember the last time she even made at least QF there if she ever did in her history, this tournament just doesn't seem to suit her game
This thing about her not liking fast courts is a bit of a myth. She has an excellent indoor record and recently at wimbledon. She has good footwork and likes to play aggressively. She just hasnt played cincinatti since she hit her current level. I'm sure she'll play there and she'll be second-favourite to win the title.

She's just being careful, there's no reason to play 3 weeks in a row if she has a minor injury. It must be a new injury because if it was carried over from wimbledon she wouldnt have asked for the toronto WC. So she must have felt perfect at that time to have planned on playing 3 weeks in a row. Hence my concern about how her team are looking after her between and before matches.
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #3317
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Hopefully it's just a minor strain in her lower back. It happens. It certainly explains how shitty her serve was, especially against Ana.

I definitely agree with the idea that her team isn't making her warm down for matches as they should, but then again, it could have just been a fluke thing. Reached up for the serve and felt everything get tight.

Let's just hope she'll be ready to go in Cincy, the US Open, and be able to carry some form (and positive health) into the fall season.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #3318
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claylona View Post
I hate how some fans make the entire fanbase look bad in GM. I gave up on GM, long before this, but when I randomly visit this kind of a thread, it just makes me kind of sad. I'm tired of those fake Vika fans, really.
I think Timmykinz is the only fake.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #3319
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

a bit worrying. http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UgC65pIwd2Y

Victoria Azarenka, who had her 28-match win streak on outdoor hard courts ended in the final of Carlsbad by Samantha Stosur, says she’s not the favorite at the U.S. Open. Azarenka served for the title against Serena Williams in the 2012 final, and also upended the world No. 1 in this year’s Doha final.

“I don’t think you’ll ever make me favorite in U.S. Open when you have Serena,” she said. “Right now it’s not going to happen unless I win one. For me it’s not that important. What’s important is how ready I am and what I’m going to do there. So being the favorite doesn’t guarantee you anything.”

Azarenka, who is coming off knee and hip injuries she suffered at Wimbledon, pulled out of this week’s Rogers Cup in Toronto with a lower back injury. The world No. 2 said during Carlsbad that she’s not 100 percent fit yet.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #3320
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

That article doesn't really add anything to what we already know. She can't be tired, so she wouldn't have withdrawn if she was 100% fit.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #3321
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
a bit worrying. http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UgC65pIwd2Y

Victoria Azarenka, who had her 28-match win streak on outdoor hard courts ended in the final of Carlsbad by Samantha Stosur, says she’s not the favorite at the U.S. Open. Azarenka served for the title against Serena Williams in the 2012 final, and also upended the world No. 1 in this year’s Doha final.

“I don’t think you’ll ever make me favorite in U.S. Open when you have Serena,” she said. “Right now it’s not going to happen unless I win one. For me it’s not that important. What’s important is how ready I am and what I’m going to do there. So being the favorite doesn’t guarantee you anything.”

Azarenka, who is coming off knee and hip injuries she suffered at Wimbledon, pulled out of this week’s Rogers Cup in Toronto with a lower back injury. The world No. 2 said during Carlsbad that she’s not 100 percent fit yet.

I am not surprised. She probably would say exactly the same if she was 100% fit. The last thing I would expect her to say is that she feels like she is the favorite to win the USO, even if she thinks it. No one is going to put that kind of pressure on themselves just before the tournament starts.

Yes, the bolded part (real state of her injury/fitness) is far more concerning. I think she felt OK before Carlsbad, but as the week went on either she started to feel worse about her Wimbledon injury, or she got a new one. I hope that she will be OK to play at Cinci. Practicing and improving it's OK, but if she felt ready and totally fit, not her case right now, I am afraid, good form could come at any moment, so match practice is vital too, as it's the only way to materialize that return of good form (Sam lost in the first round a couple of weeks ago and then asked for a WC in Carlsbad, as she originally hadn't planned to play there) but if she's not fit, match practice will only make things worse in the end, as it happened in Carlsbad, so her first goal should be to get as healthy as possible before the USO, even if she has to skip Cinci too.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #3322
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

i am not worried if this back injury is entirely new. i am more worried that she didn't feel 100% while taking courts in carlsbad, means she was not over the wimbledon injury yet. it may be true that she wanted to try carlsbad even if she is not yet recovered ; fully knowing that she is running out of time for practice before USO.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #3323
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what's going on exactly with the injuries,rustiness, withdrawals etc (Redfoo ) but i'm not that hopeful for the rest of this season .
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #3324
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
I think Timmykinz is the only fake.
Exactly. And he really only backs Vika because she's Maria's rival. Last year he was all about Aga.

Nothing new was really said in that article. It's a given that Serena's the favorite in New York and if Vika is able to be 100% fit (or pretty damned close to it) and gets a good draw, she can make the semifinals again or defend her final. Though at this point I just hope she can play Cincy, get some good solid wins under her belt and go into the US Open with some confidence. The only player who should be able to beat her on hardcourts is Serena. And that's a fact.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #3325
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a schedule for Cincinnati:

As you can see the first and second round matches are played on next Monday and Tuesday. If Vika and her team decide to play in Cincinnati, her first match should be on Tuesday. After Carlsbad it is difficult to predict what may happen.

Local time in Ohio: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim...me-cincinnati/
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #3326
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I am almost certain she will play Cincinnati.
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3327
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

im hoping for a fast and good recovery of Vika. i really really really want her to do well in the US Open and she sure does deserve it....

2013 for her is really messy, at least she got a GS early on, otherwise it would be a total disappointment...

Good luck Vika!
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #3328
country flag ozza

Cincinnati Draw:

[1] S.Williams vs BYE
Q vs Q
Barthel vs Safarova
Q vs [16] Kirilenko
[11] Stosur vs Kuznetsova
Pavyluchenkova vs Hampton
Halep vs Hsieh
[8] Bartoli vs BYE

[4] Radwanska vs BYE
Pennetta vs Lepchenko
Q vs V.Williams
Vesnina vs [13] Flipkens
[9] Kerber vs Q
Q vs Kleybanova
Davis vs Zakopalova
BYE vs [5] Li

[6] Errani vs BYE
Cibulkova vs Q
Hantuchova vs Q
Mattek-Sands vs [12] Vinci
[14] Jankovic vs Lisicki
Q vs Makarova
Stephens vs Q
BYE vs [3] Sharapova

[7] Kvitova vs BYE
Q vs Suarez Navarro
Wickmayer vs Cirstea
Peng vs [10] Wozniacki
[15] Ivanovic vs Cornet
Rybarikova vs Goerges
Q vs Mladenovic
BYE vs [2] Azarenka
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #3329
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Thanks.

The draws look about the same to me every tournament. If i looked into it in more detail im sure it is not. But right now i don't think the draw is that important. Just hope she will get healthy and the rest will follow.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #3330
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Well this draw has the potential to be very tough from start to finish but I agree with garwe, it's more important that she can get some match practice and get/stay healthy. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch till Thursday so good luck to Vika! (And please be still in the draw on Thursday. )
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread