*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 210 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #3136
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
wow, i can think of 2 reasons only:

1) i don't think she is that confident about running deep in those tournaments, you never know if any version of madrid will come up or not after layoff. plus she needs to feel her legs.

2) she really wants a no. 2 seed at USO so be in perfect position to have a good chance to win.
Number 2 of this would be really silly if by getting that number 2 seed you killed yourself in the process and were cooked by USO. Let the seed come to you, don't go chasing the seed. Anyway I personally don't think she will play all 3 providing she performs well.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #3137
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
She could have taken a wild card for Stanford instead. Atleast that way she wouldn't be required to play 3 consecutive weeks.
Not really viable though. It's way too late to do this, you would have had to have planned this from the start. Carlsbad are using her image to promote the event, it's a commitment event also. Carlsbad will be paying her a lot to show up, Stanford will have already spent all their budget on Sharapova and Radwanska. There is a reason Stanford is Sharapova, Radwanska ... and Carlsbad is Azarenka, Radwanska ....
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #3138
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Not really viable though. It's way too late to do this, you would have had to have planned this from the start. Carlsbad are using her image to promote the event, it's a commitment event also. Carlsbad will be paying her a lot to show up, Stanford will have already spent all their budget on Sharapova and Radwanska. There is a reason Stanford is Sharapova, Radwanska ... and Carlsbad is Azarenka, Radwanska ....
I understand that but still, from a scheduling point of view it would have made much more sense to play 3 tournaments with at least one week break in between - if she wants to play 3 tournaments before the US Open.
I just hope that she's healthy and fit and doesn't do anything stupid which could harm her USO chances.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #3139
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad she's playing Toronto, if only for selfish reasons. It feels like she has played so little this year, every tournament she plays is fine with me

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #3140
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

She jus wanted to make sure she has enough match practice before USO. Guess she'll be fine. Feels like been a long time since Doha...

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #3141
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

I started following her at the end of 2011 and start of 2012. And one thing i liked was that she could play week after week without problem.

I think i wised up regarding that though. No way she is playing all these tournaments to the end before US open.

Of course we have no influence over her long term strategy, but if we/i had i would suggest fitness would be the main priority in the off season. Not that she is unfit, but general fitness to avoid injuries. I think some are blessed with a body to not get injuries, and others will have to work very hard or will have serious trouble.

She played as great in the start of 2013 as in 2012, but even if she won i think there was a bit of question about injuries from the start. (Starting from Brisbane).

I will enjoy seeing her play these tournaments though, i guess we will find out in a couple of months if it was a good strategy.

I think the ranking is important (for us, perhaps not the casual fan that only follows the slams). But for now i wouldn't mind her beeing ranked number 3 (or even 4 or 5). As long as she is healthy she will be serious contender for any tournment regardless.

Last edited by garwe : Jul 13th, 2013 at 12:50 AM.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #3142
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Hey u guys! How is everyone doing? Busy week... Rehab and train! Feeling good
@vika7 33 minutes ago
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #3143
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

i think vika wantS many matches under her belt before the uso and since she played relatively fewer matches after doha...she may think she's still fresh enough to play all these matches at the second half of the year...

hopefully it will work out for her, im so gunning for her to win the USO after last year =)
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #3144
country flag ozza

I know not all of you read the off-topic thread so here:

Vika must get at least 281 points more than Sharapova in the US Open Series to be the #2 seed for the US Open.

Vika plays Carlsbad, Toronto and Cincinnati. Sharapova plays Toronto and Cincinnati.
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #3145
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

thanks ozza for the great insight, so she must really want that no.2 seed for the USO, knowing her luck of the draw (always getting serena on her side of the draw)
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #3146
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helaena View Post
thanks ozza for the great insight, so she must really want that no.2 seed for the USO, knowing her luck of the draw (always getting serena on her side of the draw)
Probably that as well, but mainly I think it´s simply related to the amount of matches she has played this year. 34 singles matches this year compared to 55 last year plus mixed doubles. She could win Carlsbad, Toronto and Cincy and still have less matches than last year.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #3147
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it does make sense that is playing Toronto, the #2 seed for the US Open is pretty important. I just hope her body can hold up. Hopefully no small MMs in the fall, she should play the bare minimum amount of tournaments before YEC because Vika was super burnt out by the time she got to YEC last year.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #3148
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone translate this please?

I wonder what they're talking about. Thanks.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #3149
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

VA: Where are you ? In LA ?
SK: I have written to you a private message
SK: How are you ? May be we'll train together ?
VA: I'd love it, but i'm going to leave LA for a couple of days. When i return i will call you... ok ?

Last edited by Hartson : Jul 17th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #3150
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
VA: Where are you ? In LA ?
SK: I have written to you a private message
SK: How are you ? May be we'll train together ?
VA: I'd love it, but i'm going to leave LA for a couple of days. When i return i will call you... ok ?
Thanks.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread