*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 183 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #2731
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Does anyone know what will Vika wear for Wimbly?
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...1#post29487241
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #2732
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchplay View Post
well the draws have been kind to victoria in the past few years at wimbledon, since she only had to beat paszek to reach the semis. i expect a deep run from her but yes she'll definitely want to avoid lisicki (who she may draw in the 3rd round) and other streaky big hitters/grass lovers like pironkova and rybarikova. for the later stages kvitova would technically be the least desirable 5-8 seed to draw but she's been so bad lately that i think anyone should handle her easily, if she reaches that stage.

so yes a semi at least seems plausible if everything goes according to plan. hopefully she draws sharapova on her side so they can battle it out for a chance against serena williams. would be an interesting match, can't call it just yet
I dont want Sharapova, i want Radwanska . Vika lost 3-4 matches players ranked 4 and below, going back a looong time now.

But all of them have to reach the semi first.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #2733
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
I hope she works on that fat on her body and gets into shape for Wimbledon She needs titles already, Only two wont cut it with half the year already gone
Well, surely those injuries messed up Vika's original tour schedule from Doha to Madrid. Vika would have had realistic chances to win titles in Dubai (vs Petra Kvitova), Indian Wells (vs Maria Sharapova), Monterrey (vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova) and even in Miami (vs Serena Williams), if she had been fit and healthy. Luckily she seems to fully recover from her injuries as we saw in Rome and Roland Garros. Maybe she just needs some minor adjustments for a grass season.

With a little luck we may see Vika vs Aga semifinal in Wimbledon in 2013......
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #2734
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
Well, surely those injuries messed up Vika's original tour schedule from Doha to Madrid. Vika would have had realistic chances to win titles in Dubai (vs Petra Kvitova), Indian Wells (vs Maria Sharapova), Monterrey (vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova) and even in Miami (vs Serena Williams), if she had been fit and healthy. Luckily she seems to fully recover from her injuries as we saw in Rome and Roland Garros. Maybe she just needs some minor adjustments for a grass season.

With a little luck we may see Vika vs Aga semifinal in Wimbledon in 2013......
Right. Guess I was mad abt something Hopefully she wins some titles soon

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #2735
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Robin Fenlon ‏@robinfenlon
I'm coming to all your matches at Wimbledon dressed like this... @vika7

pic.twitter.com/1jUSGj4rIz

victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
@robinfenlon hahahaha well now u have to

Mariel ter Horst ‏@marielterhorst
@vika7 @robinfenlon I hope Vika will posts some pics of you in that outfit. And a promiss is a promiss. Lol
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #2736
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchplay View Post
i think her timing of ball-striking is the most important part of her game. she seems to move better than she actually does because she takes so much time away from whoever she's playing and is subtly in control of most of the rallies she plays. never seen a player take the ball as early as she does and using her opponent's pace so effectively, whilst still being able to create some of her own. i love it
Indeed. I wouldn't say Vika is a true power player in terms of how she plays. She's like a slightly slower, all be it a better reader of the game, more powerful Wozniacki (also granted Vika has a lot more feel and court sense). It's why Woz-Vika matches are always so interesting to watch. Sometimes I feel when people don't give Vika the pace she wants, she can struggle a little (such as Niculescu at AO).
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #2737
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Indeed. I wouldn't say Vika is a true power player in terms of how she plays. She's like a slightly slower, all be it a better reader of the game, more powerful Wozniacki (also granted Vika has a lot more feel and court sense). It's why Woz-Vika matches are always so interesting to watch. Sometimes I feel when people don't give Vika the pace she wants, she can struggle a little (such as Niculescu at AO).
Don't agree with the idea she struggles agaimst lack of pace. Vika hasn't lost to a non-agressive player since? Randwanska Tokyo '11? She loves to step in the court and dictate, she has no problem generating enough power. She's more a mid-power player who has developed the ability to play at 70%/50% if she's not feeling it and counterpunch if necessary. For me the closest comparison is a more powerful / earlier-hitting version of zvonareva. She has very little in common with wozniacki, apart from previous problems hitting her forehand cleanly Wozniacki's game is primarily about retriving and winning points she's not semingly in control of. Vika doesnt win many points from a negative startpoint, she's about dominating the points but not through outright power hitting. That's why on the rare occasions she's pushed behjnd the baseline she can look quite impotent (though this could be said of many players)
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #2738
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Bepa is a much better example, I mean an aggressive Wozniacki not when she just pushes the ball all the time.

I kinda worded myself wrong, I think Vika excels against power hitters and when she faces players who don't hit as hard but move well she can struggle (usually when she does struggle she wins anyways though).
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #2739
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Mid season fan post (As it is a bit of pause for Vika matches):
Good season so far, too bad about the injury problems. I don't think we can count on her winning every other slam, i just like to see her style of tennis, even from the first round matches.

I think she handled herself great in Australia. (Could have been better in Madrid though but nobody is perfect).

If she just continues to focus on tennis and avoid serious injuries i hope i get to follow her tennis 5-6 years more (no idea if she is the type of player that would play after 30). And realistically win 3 or so more slams. I would like more wins of course, but just my guess.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #2740
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I agree. Barring injuries I see her winning a slam every year until she decides to retire. It's a long season, the break gives her time to refresh her mental self and focus for the rest of the year instead of running out of steam. 2 months break and got to semi final of RG is commendable. From here onwards she will only play better with the surfaces she is more comfortable with.

If there is one slam I really like her to win, it's the US open. Suits her personality.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #2741
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Making the final of Wimbledon is a realistic goal I think.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:33 AM   #2742
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I don't Know I think we should wait & see how her draw look like before we say should make the finals, there alot dangerous & Unseed Players that going be in the draw as well as Young Upcoming players that trying make a name for them self, Don't get me wrong I think Vika will be going deep here at most QF-SF but I like too see the draw first

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #2743
country flag Exordes

According to Twitter https://twitter.com/vika7 Vika arrived in London on late Sunday evening.

Here's a little note from her last two tournaments in Wimbledon:

Before we shall see Vika in action, this week's Eastbourne tournament should tell us more about how well the other top players outside top 3 will play on the grass in 2013.
http://www.lta.org.uk/3G/Tournaments.../2013/WMDS.pdf
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #2744
country flag clutchplay

clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all

the grass at eastbourne plays so differently from the one at wimbledon though. plus there's the wind factor too. the only similarities in the surface are the low bounce, cause wimbledon is quite slow nowadays. watch the 2007 final between henin, justine and mauresmo, amelie
clutchplay is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #2745
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Mid season fan post (As it is a bit of pause for Vika matches):
Good season so far, too bad about the injury problems. I don't think we can count on her winning every other slam, i just like to see her style of tennis, even from the first round matches.

I think she handled herself great in Australia. (Could have been better in Madrid though but nobody is perfect).

If she just continues to focus on tennis and avoid serious injuries i hope i get to follow her tennis 5-6 years more (no idea if she is the type of player that would play after 30). And realistically win 3 or so more slams. I would like more wins of course, but just my guess.
Yes, I'd say it's been a good season, very similar level overall to last. In terms of her game, I think she's successfully playing more aggressively, particularly after australia, while her defence isn't as good. She still has the problems with the second serve that developed through last year.

Looking forward to wimbledon now, she was very very good last year, second only to Serena. I hope it rains so we can see some more flawless tennis under the roof