*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 181 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #2701
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Vika usually serves well at wimbledon, especially under the roof

Here rain would be a help to her unlike Paris where it was a hindrance.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I hope no roof will be used in her matches. She is one of the few players who adapts well in windy conditions, actually gives her advantage. So agree rain would help too.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #2702
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Just watched the highlights. My impression from it was that it was similar to the US Open semi-final - scoreline competitive but the better player on the day won. Sharapova served it out well at *5-4.

Vika looked to be playing as she used to do against Serena, not fully committing to her shots. Even in the Rome final against Serena Vika dominated a lot of rallies but made mistakes at crucial times, here against Sharapova who doesn't hit as hard as Serena Vika was getting pushed around.
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #2703
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

It was a weird match from Vika. She didn't seem fully committed for some reason? Played too much at Sharapova's pace instead of mixing things up and bringing her out of her comfort zone. Had she played at her normal level with a bit more intensity, I'm sure she could have won.

It's been a good tournament for her anyway, securing the last SF she needed. Looking forward to Wimbledon now

VICTORIA AZARENKA

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #2704
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she got nervous? Even though she's beaten Maria quite a bit, it would have a been a big win to make the finals and Vika is the second biggest threat to Serena (after Kuznetsova) here.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #2705
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I just think tat she does not yet fully believe in herself on clay. Very tentative on her shots. What she did in 2nd set was she started thinking strategy to move the balls around much better esp when she is great at redirecting the shots. 3rd set she went back to sleep nd only woke up at 3-5 down....

Also she is trying too hard in return of serve where she mis timed it again and again. Maria stayed much more behind the baseline when returning first serve making sure her return was in. Vika played like hard court but the pace off the bounce was different which she didn't capture very well. I think that's why she framed her forehand so much. There is still much to learn and improve. Good thing is that she now enjoyed it much better. It is obvious tat when she is not comfortable, she doesn't commit to her shots and becomes defensive and hopes others will make mistakes.
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #2706
country flag joshum

In the late stages of grand slam and you are not able to swing freely and committing to your conviction. No way will you emerge a winner.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #2707
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
I think she is more nervous/tight against Sharapova recently than against Serena. Or she just deliberately plays more conservatively at the start because it worked previously.

Scorelines don't really bear it out but the first sets against Serena in NY, Istanbul and Rome were competitive, lots of close games and evenly matched rallies. Serena won the big points in these sets, often thanks to her serve (she didn't in Doha).

Whereas the NY, Istanbul and Paris first sets with Sharapova really were dominated by Maria with Vika not finding any depth or power. Beijing is the exception here as Vika was on fire that tournament.

The first set on thursday must have lasted about as long as the first 3 games in Rome against serena.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #2708
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Today´s match only confirmed whast a huge chance Vika wasted in the semifinal. Sharapova was so much better today, even in defeat, than she was in that horrible semifinal. Henin apparently wasn´t impressed with anything Vika did (no tactics, very poor court-positioning). Maybe they should go to Belgium next season to prepare for the clay season.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #2709
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

A news story about Sergei Bubka Jr. : http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...?smid=tw-share
Quote:
Accidentally locked in a bedroom of a friend’s apartment in Paris, Bubka was looking out a window for a way to reach an adjoining room, he said. When he leaned on an air-conditioning panel to survey the scene, the panel collapsed, casting him into an interior courtyard.

Bubka’s family and friends rallied to his side, as did coaches and players, including his former girlfriend Victoria Azarenka, who lives in Monaco. “She came to Paris to see me, to support me, in the hospital,” he said. “We’re still good friends. I’m happy that we managed to, even if we broke up, we managed to communicate well, and be really good friends.”

To anyone astonished at Bubka’s survival of a three-story fall, he cites his physical conditioning, according to the French sports newspaper l’Equipe, which wrote about him under the headline “Being an Athlete Saved My Life.”
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #2710
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Today´s match only confirmed what a huge chance Vika wasted in the semifinal. Sharapova was so much better today, even in defeat, than she was in that horrible semifinal. Henin apparently wasn´t impressed with anything Vika did (no tactics, very poor court-positioning). Maybe they should go to Belgium next season to prepare for the clay season.
Do you not think it was a positive clay season from Vika overall though? The biggest thing that's got to improve long term is that serve. On clay it's such a plus to be able to get some easy points from your service. Even before playing the top players, you would avoid all the nonsense vs Cornet etc. At 6 foot there is so much more Vika can get out of that serve. You can work on this in the off season, because it doesn't need to be done specifically on clay courts.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #2711
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Do you not think it was a positive clay season from Vika overall though? The biggest thing that's got to improve long term is that serve. On clay it's such a plus to be able to get some easy points from your service. Even before playing the top players, you would avoid all the nonsense vs Cornet etc. At 6 foot there is so much more Vika can get out of that serve. You can work on this in the off season, because it doesn't need to be done specifically on clay courts.
Yes it was a success. Madrid to shake off the rust, Rome final, French Open semifinal. I would have bought it. But the manner of the semifinal loss was disappointing.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #2712
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Yes it was a success. Madrid to shake off the rust, Rome final, French Open semifinal. I would have bought it. But the manner of the semifinal loss was disappointing.

Rain delayed semifinal it was. Vika, clay and rain mix is a bad mocktail. She was rolling 5-0 against AkB and wat happened after the rain So I am not taking much from this match.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #2713
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's latest Twitter message:
Quote:
victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
I think I should do #hangwithvika again... What u guys think?
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #2714
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she does it again.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #2715
country flag clutchplay

clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all clutchplay is a name known to all

hey guys! i'm new on tennisforum and as a victoria fan i was searching for a rightful thread to introduce myself and start posting on vika specifically but couldn't find it. is it ok if i do it here?
clutchplay is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread