*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 180 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #2686
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Wimbledon only uses the grass court formula for the Atp. They can change the seedings however they'd like for the Wta including seeding someone who otherwise wouldn't have been seeded.
You show up my (lack of) knowledge all the time . Well Vika will be seeded #2 then . Very important at Wimbledon.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #2687
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I told a friend of mine (who's a Pova fan) that all our girls need to do is keep playing well and essentially wait for Serena to either go off the boil or get injured again. It's strategic vulturing but with Serena playing this well it's the only option at this point.

At least the sport has a real rivalry now with Vika and Maria.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #2688
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I told a friend of mine (who's a Pova fan) that all our girls need to do is keep playing well and essentially wait for Serena to either go off the boil or get injured again. It's strategic vulturing but with Serena playing this well it's the only option at this point.

Have some faith I have none either anymore

But I will say, I guess if we just ignore the inevitable losses to Serena in the Fs of events, Maria-Vika is a pretty good matchup in terms of, they always have to play well to win. So they kinda bring out the best in each other, and they both don't want to lose to each other so there's a lot of extra motivation there
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #2689
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Tough Lost But she put up a good fight on too wimby hoping she make a deep run there as well

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #2690
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post

In a strange way the fact the other top players' weakest surface is clay actually makes Serena more dominant on the surface now that she has cleaned up her own clay court game.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #2691
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Have some faith I have none either anymore

But I will say, I guess if we just ignore the inevitable losses to Serena in the Fs of events, Maria-Vika is a pretty good matchup in terms of, they always have to play well to win. So they kinda bring out the best in each other, and they both don't want to lose to each other so there's a lot of extra motivation there
There's surely a lot of tension in this match-up (for the players and fans ) but sometimes I have the feeling they bring out the worst of each other rather than the best. It'd be nice to see both of them playing well at the same time over a longer period of the match more often.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #2692
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I saw it live and vika's emotion was very subdued. Can't wait to see her interview.

As in all rounds, she had slow start and good for her to finally wake p in the mid of 2nd set. Oh we'll rain delay helped Maria. But again, 3rd set with 3 dinners and 13 UEs are no excipients for her. Her fighting spirit there to fend off 4 mps. But with her form to miss those very Matabele shots is in no way a chance to win this all. That said, she had the very good chance to win this. Only if she held serves. He didn't take opportunities as much as Maria. She played too safe in my opinion and let Maria dictated most of the rallies. A little fire would have got her further.

Good news, no dfs. Actually her serve didn't Ke her down, her rallies did. What an irony.

There is still eastbourne in between, vika didn't play right last year. Did Maria? Is vika entered into that this time?
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #2693
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

No Eastbourne for Vika.
-->http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...omens-Singles/
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #2694
country flag ozza

Vika's summer schedule is:
Wimbledon
Carlsbad
Cincinnati
US Open
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #2695
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's latest Twitter message with some replies:

Quote:
victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
thanks all for the support @rolandgarros #paris #TeamVIka

N1E ‏@UnitedNole
@vika7 good luck for Wimbledon

Charlotte Morris ‏@CharlMoz2k8
@vika7 Close game today, you'll get her next time! See you at Wimbledon x

Gab Tortolero ‏@GBTortolero
@vika7 Don't worry! The next year will be yours! We believe in you ♥ #TeamVika

Eastbourne tournament info:
http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...International/
Quote:
Li will be part of a stellar field in this year’s competition with world No.4 Agnieszka Radwańska, No.5 Sara Errani as well as fellow top ten players Petra Kvitova, Caroline Wozniacki and Angelique Kerber also confirmed. Britain’s Laura Robson and Heather Watson will be leading home hopes while last year’s champion Tamira Paszek will be returning to defend her title.

Last edited by Exordes : Jun 6th, 2013 at 08:51 PM.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #2696
country flag ozza

Eastbourne isn't the best warm up. Normally heavy wind every year, you're probably not missing out a lot just practicing on grass instead. Has anyone actually won Eastbourne and then won Wimbledon since the days of Navratilova?

I am surprised Li is playing, it will probably cost her a bomb to play given UK taxes.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #2697
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

"The break changed the momentum for sure," said Azarenka. "I was trying to make things happen too quickly and started missing the ball. I'm not happy about the match, but I think it was a good fight. Overall I have to give myself credit for going one step further. This French Open is definitely the best for me so far."

At least she always analyzed her game clearly. Patience she didn't allow caused her the match. But again quite hopeful for wimby. In her worst surface she could still perform. Grass should see her better in movement as long a she takes care of her serve.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #2698
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Eastbourne isn't the best warm up. Normally heavy wind every year, you're probably not missing out a lot just practicing on grass instead. Has anyone actually won Eastbourne and then won Wimbledon since the days of Navratilova?

I am surprised Li is playing, it will probably cost her a bomb to play given UK taxes.
She was denied a WC right?

Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #2699
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
"The break changed the momentum for sure," said Azarenka. "I was trying to make things happen too quickly and started missing the ball. I'm not happy about the match, but I think it was a good fight. Overall I have to give myself credit for going one step further. This French Open is definitely the best for me so far."

At least she always analyzed her game clearly. Patience she didn't allow caused her the match. But again quite hopeful for wimby. In her worst surface she could still perform. Grass should see her better in movement as long a she takes care of her serve.
Vika usually serves well at wimbledon, especially under the roof

Here rain would be a help to her unlike Paris where it was a hindrance.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #2700
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFondue View Post
She was denied a WC right?
I don't think so, I can't see any reason they would deny her a WC.
Closed Thread