*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 179 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #2671
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

complete shitfest from vika.
well i expected her to lose as she has no game whatsoever on clay to compete with the top players.
she never had an acceptable serve to begin with and moreover her groundgame was completely awol today along with her fighting attitude and intensity. that third set was just abomination.
maria was better of the two and deserved to win. i like masha so happy for her but wanted vika to get to her first rg final. whatever hope she gets motivation from this match to improve on clay(not very hopeful though) and come back stronger.

whatever she had the first semi here..so some good things to take from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #2672
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Will she be the 2 seed at Wimbledon?
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #2673
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria's lack of confidence on this surface IMO really comes to light in matches like these... in Rome, she had tons of chances against Serena too and missed most with similar crappy play in key moments - today wasn't an exception... it seems like she's just not clutch enough when it comes to big matches on this surface... on hard-courts her patterns are well set...

But I have feeling on clay she's caught in between two positions - most of her misses weren't because she was going for broke but just missing casual (offensive) rallying shots which is theoretically her greatest strength... really unfortunate. She started playing tennis at 2-5*, how extremely predictable... that said, I think this tournament is a good one from Victoria though the ending leaves a little bit bitter in terms of how she could have performed much much better.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #2674
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Er I haven't done the exact calculations but given Sharapova went out R4 last year and Vika made the SF I would imagine so.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #2675
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Er I haven't done the exact calculations but given Sharapova went out R4 last year and Vika made the SF I would imagine so.
If Sharapova doesn´t win the title, Vika will be the #2 seed.

Serena better kill from here on out, or this will hurt even more.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #2676
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
complete shitfest from vika.
well i expected her to lose as she has no game whatsoever on clay to compete with the top players.
she never had an acceptable serve to begin with and moreover her groundgame was completely awol today along with her fighting attitude and intensity. that third set was just abomination.
maria was better of the two and deserved to win. i like masha so happy for her but wanted vika to get to her first rg final. whatever hope she gets motivation from this match to improve on clay(not very hopeful though) and come back stronger.

whatever she had the first semi here..so some good things to take from.

It's not like she lost 6-0 6-0. Even playing like shit she has lost 6-4 in the third in the SF against the defending champion, who certainly had luck on her side with that rain break.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #2677
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
It depends a lot how well Serena Williams play in semifinal and possibly in final against Maria Sharapova:

Top 5 ranking points:

1. Serena Williams SF= 12515 / F= 13015 / W= 13615
2. Victoria Azarenka SF= 9625
3. Maria Sharapova F= 9415 / W= 10015
4. Agnieszka Radwanska QF= 6465
5. Sara Errani SF= 5335 / F= 5835 / W= 6435
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2678
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
It's not like she lost 6-0 6-0. Even playing like shit she has lost 6-4 in the third in the SF against the defending champion, who certainly had luck on her side with that rain break.
no she did not, it is the only saving grace. but if maria retained her level from first set i am not sure it wouldn't have happened. vika has improved from last year no denying that. but there is a reason she has no big title on clay so far. she still can't compete with the top players when they are on with her game. just my opinion, but i think her weapons on hard court are useless here and her game can't do any damage on its own.

unless she really puts effort in improving her serve and shotmaking ability she will forever remain insecure.
hope she proves me wrong though
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #2679
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

I couldn't watch the full match. But from what i saw and you write here it seems rather bad. Still i would like to say im happy she is always in the later parts of the big tournmanets. Always bring more fun as a fan. And Semi is good result, but yes it will probably be somewhat irretating when looking back on this later.

Edit: And i would like to add i think it is great injuries are gone (for now) and i look forward to the next one.

Last edited by garwe : Jun 6th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #2680
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Sometimes things just go to shit.

Congrats to the Sharapova fans here.

Where's the vikaland bartender?
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #2681
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
It depends a lot how well Serena Williams play in semifinal and possibly in final against Maria Sharapova:

Top 5 ranking points:

1. Serena Williams SF= 12515 / F= 13015 / W= 13615
2. Victoria Azarenka SF= 9625
3. Maria Sharapova F= 9415 / W= 10015
4. Agnieszka Radwanska QF= 6465
5. Sara Errani SF= 5335 / F= 5835 / W= 6435
There is a grass court formula used to the seedings at Wimbledon. I am pretty sure Vika will stay at #2 seed though, because Sharapova didn't post very good results on grass last year, and it's to do with your performances on grass in the last 2 years I think.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #2682
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
There is a grass court formula used to the seedings at Wimbledon. I am pretty sure Vika will stay at #2 seed though, because Sharapova didn't post very good results on grass last year, and it's to do with your performances on grass in the last 2 years I think.
Wimbledon only uses the grass court formula for the Atp. They can change the seedings however they'd like for the Wta including seeding someone who otherwise wouldn't have been seeded.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #2683
country flag Dghyletta

Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light Dghyletta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Arguably the most disappointing loss of Vika's career, takes the gloss off a new 'personal best' at RG. I'm really extremely disappointed, so much rubbish, so many opportunities and the 'fight back' whilst 5-2 down up until the pathetic capitulation at 5-4 down said it all really.

So fucking filthy with this effort.
I agree. I am absolutely destroeyd.
I could to imagine that she lost with her best tennis but this shirt... She couldn`t win some balls which she got to court with close eyes.
I don`t know what happend with her game. I understand that clay do all her best advantages in shirt. BUT this day she must be more aggresive and more stable in one time. And her last matches was so close with her best aggresive and stable tennis on clay. But this day she come to the battle with her principled opponent without normal game
I don`t know what we must wait on grass with her serve. Anyway I wish her the best.
Dghyletta is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #2684
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Vika was shit in the first set as against Alize, Kiri etc. But she found her Rhythm and moved Sharapova around in the second and made her nervous. Then came the rain delay...loll. I started laughing. I know Vika wont have her rhythm back that quickly on clay after the rain delay coz she is not confident on the surface. I am actually happy with the SF performance at RG, her worst surface. She has first round losses in this surface. This is a huge improvement from last year. Also I m very happy that she doesnt have to face Serena again on clay in this form. Let them get her the 'Real Cow' for the sacrifice

Cheer up guys. This clay season is much better than last year. Onwards and upwards on to grass and beloved hardcourts. She will be seeded 2nd and doesnt have to face Rena before the finals in Wimbly

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #2685
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Victoria's lack of confidence on this surface IMO really comes to light in matches like these... in Rome, she had tons of chances against Serena too and missed most with similar crappy play in key moments - today wasn't an exception... it seems like she's just not clutch enough when it comes to big matches on this surface... on hard-courts her patterns are well set...

But I have feeling on clay she's caught in between two positions - most of her misses weren't because she was going for broke but just missing casual (offensive) rallying shots which is theoretically her greatest strength... really unfortunate. She started playing tennis at 2-5*, how extremely predictable... that said, I think this tournament is a good one from Victoria though the ending leaves a little bit bitter in terms of how she could have performed much much better.
This. Maria would hit a heavy ball to Vika's FH (this was actually the main strategy I picked up from Maria and what seemed to almost win her the match in the end) and if it was even relatively deep Vika seemed to either mis-time it and send it long, or try and hit the ball too flat and hit the net. It doesn't make sense why she can't do that shot (I think today was a blip) when it's one of her best strengths on HCs and Grass. The other thing Maria did well was kept going to Vika's BH when attacking. IMO Vika defends a lot better from that side, but it means she has more time to get ready for the next shot, and that ended up giving Maria enough space to wrong foot her a lot. Other than that the match was pretty poor from Vika all the way through, and poor from Maria after the 1st set.

The positives are Vika made an improvement results wise over last year, that's not even up for question, and she did actually exceed what most of us were predicting at the start of the tournament. also she doesn't have to face Serena who seems to be playing amazing