*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 178 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #2656
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Great for her already overall.

She can win tomorrow, but i have absolutely no idea how likely it is. A bit worried her defense is not the best on clay and that might not suit a match against Sharapova.

Before the tournament i would be more than happy with semi final, but of course no reason to end the hope of further progress now.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #2657
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

She is a slight underdog for her slower movement on clay as well as losing both counts last 2 times played against pova on clay. I hope she stays calm, the calmer she is, the better the mental edge.
She is already in the semi let's hope she can do one step closer.
The better player wins.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #2658
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
She is a slight underdog for her slower movement on clay as well as losing both counts last 2 times played against pova on clay. I hope she stays calm, the calmer she is, the better the mental edge.
She is already in the semi let's hope she can do one step closer.
The better player wins.
She retired in one of them after winning the first set.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #2659
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

That 2011 Rome QF match was exceptional. In the first set she was hitting harder than Maria. Maria escaped that day. Also I cant stand GM for sometime if Vika allows Maria to win today. I really really hope she puts those annoying Mashatards in place

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #2660
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Jon Wertheim ‏@jon_wertheim
Hearing that Azarenka banned all cameras from her practice this morning. Hmm. Meanwhile Djokovic warms up on court 5 now....
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #2661
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Vika brings her new killer-serve to the match that she was secretly working on for the past six months

One can dream, right?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #2662
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I won't be too disappointed with whatever happens, but I guess I just want a good, close match where both play well.

Oh well, good luck girls
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2663
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Arguably the most disappointing loss of Vika's career, takes the gloss off a new 'personal best' at RG. I'm really extremely disappointed, so much rubbish, so many opportunities and the 'fight back' whilst 5-2 down up until the pathetic capitulation at 5-4 down said it all really.

So fucking filthy with this effort.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2664
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

First ever SF at RG only losing to the defending champion in three sets. Regardless of how disappointing that loss might have been we should keep in mind that it was a very successful tournament for Vika.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #2665
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria had a lot of problems with being clutch these last rounds... I can't count how many times she was up a break or whatever (against Schiavone, Sharapova etc.) and just immediately lost her serve afterwards. She could have won that third set but starting to finally play tennis at 2-5* down was never going to cut it out in such a big match...

Anyways, that said, good tournament for Victoria... now, put clay behind and coming back to more favorable surfaces.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #2666
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Arguably the most disappointing loss of Vika's career, takes the gloss off a new 'personal best' at RG. I'm really extremely disappointed, so much rubbish, so many opportunities and the 'fight back' whilst 5-2 down up until the pathetic capitulation at 5-4 down said it all really.

So fucking filthy with this effort.
Vika wasn't good at all but I wouldn't say it's her most disappointing loss, though everything else you said is true.

Hopefully these two meet on grass too.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #2667
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

The third set was just bad. Sharapova really didn't have to play that well to win. I don't have exact numbers but on commentary they said Vika hit more UE in the first 7 games of the 3rd set than she did in the rest of the entire match up to that point. She completely threw the match away in that pattern of play, and it was mainly down to her own very bad unforced errors.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #2668
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I feel kinda dazed and confused about this match. Surely this tournament has had many good moments and Vika can still return to world #2 depending what happens in final. Besides Vika showed she can play on clay in Rome and Roland Garros.

Well, life should continue tomorrow despite of this loss to Maria Sharapova, but Mashatards are probably having a field fay on GM section. At least NashaMasha seems to be banned.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #2669
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The third set was just bad. Sharapova really didn't have to play that well to win. I don't have exact numbers but on commentary they said Vika hit more UE in the first 7 games of the 3rd set than she did in the rest of the entire match up to that point. She completely threw the match away in that pattern of play, and it was mainly down to her own very bad unforced errors.
Exactly this. That's why this is quite disappointing. She has missed such a great opportunity today, because Maria wasn't playing well at all, but those three games from 2-2 to 5-2 were just abysmal; she basically gifted her the match.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #2670
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I slept through the match for a reason.

Vika will never play her perfect game on clay regardless of who is on the other side of the net. I'm more worried/disappointed with Vika's mentality in the match. It seems, from what I've heard/read that she just couldn't stay with Maria mentally which she should be able to.

Hopefully, Vika now knows what she needs to work on to do well at Wimbledon and then this summer. There's no reason she shouldn't be right behind Serena during the Summer Hardcourts or make the Wimbledon final with the right draw.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread