*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 171 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 04:56 PM   #2551
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Following Vika's matches through live score is horrible I tell you. So glad she won the last set rather easily although I must admit I was scarred at 0-1*. Onto the next one!

Great tweet, btw.

victoria azarenka ‏@vika7
woke up a little late today,but i did

PS: If someone finds highlights or a full match video please let me know.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 04:58 PM   #2552
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
The second serve is terrible atm, neither stable nor aggressive. Her double faulting isnt really comparable to Sharapova as Maria hits such an aggressive second and gets cheap points off it, she can't complain when she gets some double faults either.

If she can't stem these dfs vika needs to think about hitting a 75% first serve as her second (at least it will be harder to tee off on), lollipoping it in like errani or kerber and hoping the opponent misses, or try to get more 1st serves in.

Her first serve was pretty good in the final set today, she was setting up quite a few points wirh it.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM   #2553
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Her serve seems to cycle a lot. When she's serving well, she's hitting her spots, getting into the low 100s. When she's serving poorly she makes Dementieva's 65 mph sidewinder look amazing.
And it really seems that she serves her worst on clay.

But I also agree, she'll need to play Fran as if it's on a slow hardcourt and play her game and just grind through Fran's claycourt flare.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:47 PM   #2554
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

So, Vika has played previously 3 times against Francesca Schiavone and she beat her 6-1 6-1 in French Open in 2008, and their head-to-head matches are 2-1 for Vika. But all those matches were played in 2007-2009.
http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/p...9/player2/7820

As we know Schiavone was the French Open champion in 2010 and the finalist in Roland Garros in 2011, but her more recent achievements have been quite modest. In 2012 she won a title in Strasbourg where she beat Alize Cornet in final 6-4 6-4. This year's best result for her is the winning a title in Fez where she beat e.g Simona Halep (6-3 6-2), Alize Cornet (6-4 6-4) and Lourdes Dominguez Lino (6-1 6-3). After that she lost her first round matches in Madrid and Rome.
http://www.matchstat.com/Player/Francesca%20Schiavone

It is difficult to say how Vika will play in her next match, but sometimes she seems to win with her mere mental strength. So far a win is a win, and the tournament continues...
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 07:43 PM   #2555
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent win for Victoria, Alizé has pretty much been on fire on clay, her best surface and she was also playing in front her home crowd, well done.

As many said already, Victoria will have to play Schiavone fast and not let the Italian install her game but after all and as always Victoria just won a slam in January playing mere sub-par to probably the worst tennis of her career en route to a title so I wouldn't over-rank the underdog (even with Schiavone's history in RG), this even if Victoria plays worst or at the same level as today... I think she has become too good (mentally).

The most remarkable thing about Victoria and as she astutely touted (I think), is that she wins so much (even when totally down and out, Brianti in 2012, or outplayed Stosur in Rome, Li, Ivanovic etc. in Madrid...) on a surface where she struggles quite a lot - I expect the same result against Schiavone whatever the level she comes with.

Anyways it's always nice to have these close encounters on clay for her, it makes her progress and you can only progress in the right direction if opponents play at a good enough level to make realize what might be going wrong or needs to be ameliorated. It forces her to rethink things ("I felt I was playing very comfortable for her. So I changed that...") and the more she gets challenged the more she'll put herself to work to ameliorate what needs to be ; that's how she functions and has always functioned after all ; I guess.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2556
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm worried for every match Vika plays on clay, but losing a set to Cornet? I hope she can make the most of her good draw to the SF, would be nice to add that one to the collection.

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM   #2557
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow we can enjoy Stress Free Sunday, because Vika's next match should be on Monday: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/sc...ule/index.html
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 10:23 PM   #2558
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

So assuming that Vika reaches the SF she would be playing R4 on Monday, QF on Wednesday and SF on Thursday? Is that correct or can there be any changes to this schedule?
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 10:31 PM   #2559
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

That is correct.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 10:34 PM   #2560
country flag Natural Joe

Thanks!
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 05:55 AM   #2561
country flag fashionguy

fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light fashionguy is a glorious beacon of light

Please Vika, please get REVENGE for that dismal loss to Schiavone US Open 2009. I WANT BLOOD
fashionguy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM   #2562
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

I am scared of Fran

Please Vika win this!
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM   #2563
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
Tomorrow we can enjoy Stress Free Sunday, because Vika's next match should be on Monday: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/sc...ule/index.html
Bring on the stress
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 03:06 PM   #2564
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't watch yesterday's match due to a power outage (). Really didn't expect Vika to lose a set to Cornet.

Serving stats are worrying, glad she pulled through comfortably in the final set after getting broken in the opening game.
A loss to that whiny, wimpy choker would have been very disappointing.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 03:44 PM   #2565
country flag Igor_Biscan

First up on chatrier tomorrow. Good luck Vika.