*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 168 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2013, 06:26 AM   #2506
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

She is saving her best for the second week

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2013, 09:05 AM   #2507
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
I think it's important for Vika to start well against Cornet and not give the crowd something to cheer about (like getting broken when serving for a set). As you said, that's when things could start to get ugly. But then again, if there's a player who's resilient when it comes to nasty crowds it's Vika.

Two things surely will help Vika in that encounter compared to today's match. 1) The conditions can't really get worse than today (wet, slow clay and a delay when she was about to finish the first set). 2) She's played against Cornet before so she knows what kind of game to expect.
Yes, and as another poster has said, a 50% Vika is probably good enough to beat Cornet. I remember her match against Petra in the USO that she lost in straights with Petra barely playing at half of her possibilities.
It's not a tennis wise question.

What I mean is that since her return from her injury Vika seems to have these concentration lapses, probably also due to the fact that she doesn't feel as safe on clay as on HC, and she sometimes is letting her rivals back into the match when she seems to be safely in charge. She still looks to me a bit hesitant and unsure at times with her shot selection, so I think that this is the kind of match, a GS where she never has performed particularly well, and against a home player that could be easily be pumped up by the crowd, where she needs to be in total control from the beginning and reduce these lapses to the minimum. If she does it should be an easy one.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 03:52 PM   #2508
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

That draw is almost getting too good.

Cornet 3rd round
Bartoli/Schiavone Last 16
BMS/Ormaechea/Voegele/Kirilenko QF
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2509
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Kanepi lost already, not unexpected.
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:05 PM   #2510
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

vika got to be ready and careful how to start the match. the last 2 rounds, she faced multiple breakpoints in first game. you can't let that get into normality as better players will be able to capitalize. and in front of home crowd i see cornet playing really with a lot of motivation, vike cannot let her start into play.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:16 PM   #2511
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I predict Vika will jump out in front, engage in fuckery, then win in reasonable comfort.*

*this is, of course, my prediction for about 95% of Vika's matches.
Oh you mean the usual clay season routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
That draw is almost getting too good.

Cornet 3rd round
Bartoli/Schiavone Last 16
BMS/Ormaechea/Voegele/Kirilenko QF
When was the last time Vika played Schiavone? USO 2009? I'd like some revenge for that awful loss.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:21 PM   #2512
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Vika first on Philippe Chatrier tomorrow. Can't watch it unfortunately.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #2513
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Eurosport better show it. It has been ATP all day today almost.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2514
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

A good time to play a French woman, early in the morning when the French crowd either haven't arrived or haven't woke up yet. The French crowd normally take a while to get going, hopefully they don't get going at all in Vika's match.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:52 PM   #2515
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Eurosport better show it. It has been ATP all day today almost.
They surely will. The other 2 matches at that time are Paire vs Nishikori and Erakovic vs Stephens. Seems a no brainer.
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:22 PM   #2516
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
They surely will. The other 2 matches at that time are Paire vs Nishikori and Erakovic vs Stephens. Seems a no brainer.

They've done weirder things before trust me
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:32 PM   #2517
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post

They've done weirder things before trust me
Do you get Eurosport in Australia?

ps. I swear you are nocturnal .
Old May 31st, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2518
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I´d say that match is a lock to be shown.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 07:43 PM   #2519
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
A good time to play a French woman, early in the morning when the French crowd either haven't arrived or haven't woke up yet. The French crowd normally take a while to get going, hopefully they don't get going at all in Vika's match.
At least Vika will have the first match of the day, so we don't have to wait too long and try to guess when the match starts. For the French crowd there is a double treat tomorrow when both Alize Cornet and Marion Bartoli (vs Francesca Sciavone) will play their matches. http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/sc...chedule12.html
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:57 PM   #2520
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Early wake-up time for me tomorrow... but that's OK, who needs sleep anyway?

Hard to see Cornet as a legitimate threat, even on clay...