*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 167 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #2491
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Vika, you silly girl! Should have won 0 and 1 or something.

Slow-ass conditions like today definitely worked in Beck's favor, but the extent to which Vika's game fell apart after the rain delay surprised me. She needs to be more patient in situations like this.

I really hope the weather improves significantly in the next few days, because these constant interruptions and delays are getting truly aggravating...
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2492
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

There are some quality players left in her section of the draw like Kanepi, but you could hardly ask for a better quarter, unless BMS intends to play the whole tournament like today.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #2493
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

No comments.
Just please defend last year's points or whatever.
Although weather played a massive role there can't be any excuse for that first set fuckery. She will be toast with that serve of hers and piss poor movement ehen she faces the first strong opponent.
Hope her form improves.
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #2494
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

After the rain delay it was horrible. Somewhat better after a while. She was lucky today she didn't play even better opponent. A bit worrying she gets these down periods.

I thought she started very well though. Still in the tournament and anything can happen.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #2495
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

My favorites and this demon that is clay.

She probably was pressed to finish quickly to get off court before the rain came back. Nevertheless, she's got to get her shit together.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #2496
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future

About today's match, it was at least a win in two straight sets. Maybe Vika lost her focus after she gained 5-0 lead in the first set, and Annika Beck started to believe in her own chances too. On the other hand Vika didn't need to do anything special to win the match, just what was necessary.

As expected Vika's third round opponent is the current French #2 player Alize Cornet (WTA #27) who beat Silvia Solero-Espinosa 6-1 6-3 today. Recently Cornet has had pretty good drive and she won 5 matches in a row and a title in Strasbourg last week. So at the moment she has a 7 match winning streak.
http://www.matchstat.com/Player/Alize%20Cornet

Vika has played against Alize once before in Beijing 2012: http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/p.../player2/11402
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2497
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
About today's match, it was at least a win in two straight sets. Maybe Vika lost her focus after she gained 5-0 lead in the first set, and Annika Beck started to believe in her own chances too. On the other hand Vika didn't need to do anything special to win the match, just what was necessary.
She did have 11/3 Winner/UE or so before the break. And the way Sharapova looked today the bottom half is very open. Vika has the game here i think, she just seems to go up and down too much. Not sure if it is clay or her general form.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #2498
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to read too much into this match, played under today's awful weather conditions. When she beat Niculescu at the AO everyone was saying how she was going to be unable to defend her title, but the next one with Cornet could have a real nightmare potential for Vika.

From what I've seen of her, Cornet is the definition of average: not obvious weapons, not too blatant weaknesses; a bit like Beck, runs and retrieves a lot. I hope that Vika will take command of the match from the beginning and will have enough self control to deal with the french crowd if things start to turn ugly.

Last edited by Tyrell : May 30th, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #2499
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
I don't want to read too much into this match, played under today's awful weather conditions. When she beat Niculescu at the AO everyone was saying how she was going to be unable to defend her title, but the next one with Cornet could have a real nightmare potential for Vika.

From what I've seen of her, Cornet is the definition of average: not obvious weapons, not too blatant weaknesses; a bit like Beck, runs and retrieves a lot. I hope that Vika will take command of the match from the beginning and will have enough self control to deal with the french crowd if things start to turn ugly.
I think it's important for Vika to start well against Cornet and not give the crowd something to cheer about (like getting broken when serving for a set). As you said, that's when things could start to get ugly. But then again, if there's a player who's resilient when it comes to nasty crowds it's Vika.

Two things surely will help Vika in that encounter compared to today's match. 1) The conditions can't really get worse than today (wet, slow clay and a delay when she was about to finish the first set). 2) She's played against Cornet before so she knows what kind of game to expect.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #2500
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
She did have 11/3 Winner/UE or so before the break. And the way Sharapova looked today the bottom half is very open. Vika has the game here i think, she just seems to go up and down too much. Not sure if it is clay or her general form.
Yes her level is fluctuating more both within matches and between them, and the lows are deeper.

If she plays like she did in the first match she will be fine against Cornet. If she's like today it will be messy again, but I doubt she will notice the crowd.
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #2501
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
There are some quality players left in her section of the draw like Kanepi, but you could hardly ask for a better quarter, unless BMS intends to play the whole tournament like today.
Kanepi always disappoints when it matters for whatever reason. BMS in good form is very dangerous, i always wondered why she hasn't been more successful in the past, probably lots of injuries.
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2502
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Cornet has absolutely no FH to speak of though, I don't think today's Vika at 50% has to fear her a lot. Beck was playing probably top 20 level tennis which probably would've beaten Cornet easily IMO.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #2503
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

A 3rd round against Cornet doesn't exactly strike much fear. It was on hard, but even then, you'd expect her to deal with Cornet the same way she did in Beijing.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 03:06 AM   #2504
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

I predict Vika will jump out in front, engage in fuckery, then win in reasonable comfort.*

*this is, of course, my prediction for about 95% of Vika's matches.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:07 AM   #2505
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

My god the streak from 5-1 to 5-4 I mean, she could barely hit balls in the court!

Oh well even despite that she won in straights, she probably can win with that level against Cornet, but then as the better players come along she'll need to improve greatly.