*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 152 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #2266
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Like Vika isn´t a prime candidate for them in this form.
Of course, but Vika just beat what a top 6 (?) player on clay playing poorly, it's not all doom and gloom. Beat who you are suppose to beat and you can go far.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #2267
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't watch a point because I was working. Guess that was a good idea.
Jane Lane is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #2268
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

About tomorrow's semifinal match against Sara Errani. Vika leads their head-to-head matches 5-1 and she has won Sara on clay in Marbella (6-2 6-1) and Rome (6-1 6-2) in 2011.
http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/p.../player2/10077
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #2269
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Sara was pretty poor at times vs McHale, almost crumbling under the pressure of playing at home (she blew a massive lead in the 2nd set), but then vs Kirilenko was very impressive. The key for Vika is she's got to crush Errani's serve, she needs to be breaking the majority of the time.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #2270
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I'll take any win over a top 10 player on clay so I'm not fussed despite how supposedly bad she played.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #2271
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Why all the negativity? Yes she didn't play well but to win over Stosur on clay while playing crap speaks volumes about her potential.

I don't know what happened against Makarova (refuse to watch that match), but this is the Vika from last year. When she is not playing well, she focus on the key points and still win. Lost only to Serena in a 3 set match.

But agree, playing like this against Errani will not be enough. But Vika's normal level will be enough.

Edit: Regret i said crap about Vika's game (like i could do better ). Just mean that winning over Stosur 1 week before RG while playing below normal standard is a good sign.

Last edited by garwe : May 18th, 2013 at 01:05 AM.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #2272
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Semi will begin 16 hours after her 2 hours QF but Errani didnt play yesterday, hope there's no problem on stamina.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #2273
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
Semi will begin 16 hours after her 2 hours QF but Errani didnt play yesterday, hope there's no problem on stamina.
I often complain about scheduling, but i think they just want to make sure the finalists have some rest before the final.

And when Sharapova withdraw they had no match to put on evening centre, hence Vika vs Stosur was moved.

Yes, Errani has a slight advantage of this, but i would not use it as an excuse. Like most matches (maybe except against Serena) if Vika plays good she will win, if not she still had some good matches before RG.
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #2274
country flag Tennispower

Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice

Is Serena not yet retired? If she meets Vika in final - I cant imagine
Tennispower is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #2275
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Was fearing for a Madrid like implosion...well it dint happen I cant wait this stupid clay season(as she sucks on clay) to get over

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #2276
country flag Tennispower

Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice

I expected Vika to reach Semis in this tournament once the draw was released. I thought Vika would loose to Maria in 2 or 3 close sets, but now considering Vika's form on clay evident from yesterday's match and having a clear chance to enter Finals after Maria's withdrawl I sincerely hope she would not be humiliated in the hands of Serena in the final if she gets there. So I am not sure ATM which one is better tanking match today or going into the final to face the same fate as Maria in the hands of Serena.Unfortunately if Serena wont withdraw from today's match then she wont from Final.

Last edited by Tennispower : May 18th, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
Tennispower is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #2277
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennispower View Post
I expected Vika to reach Semis in this tournament once the draw was released. I thought Vika would loose to Maria in 2 or 3 close sets, but now considering Vika's form on clay evident from yesterday's match and having a clear chance to enter Finals after Maria's withdrawl I sincerely hope she would not be humiliated in the hands of Serena in the final if she gets there. So I am not sure ATM which one is better tanking match today or going into the final to face the same fate as Maria in the hands of Serena.
I'd say let her get as much clay court matches as possible before RG Sam is not an easy one to defeat on Clay. And she did which I am sure its a big confidence booster for her

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #2278
country flag garwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
I'd say let her get as much clay court matches as possible before RG Sam is not an easy one to defeat on Clay. And she did which I am sure its a big confidence booster for her
Yes i always want her to win. Errani might be a hard match though.

If she gets to meet Serena in the final, lets just see that as a preparation for a rematch in a couple of weeks. I would be suprised if Vika wins here, but who knows.
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #2279
country flag ozza

For anyone that missed it. Vika was far, far better today. The first set was absolutely sublime tennis from her. The second set got messy after Vika blew a 3-1 lead and let the crowd into the match, but ultimately she regained her concentration just in time to win 3 games in a row from 4-5* down.

Vika had 13w/3ue after set 1 I think, and finished with 37w/22ue (Sara 18w/16ue).
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #2280
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

The more matches Vika gets to play before RG, the better. Hopefully a good showing against Williams tomorrow.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread