*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 151 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #2251
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Letīs be honest. QF at the French Open would be a success. SF would be a great tournament. She hasnīt played convincing on clay since 2011. Itīs a difference like night and day. She is just getting by with her hardcourt tennis and good match-ups, but this does not even being to resemble anything else. I can live with not meeting Pova, cause that tonight was good enough to get bagelled and breadsticked. I donīt know what they are working on in Monte Carlo, but it is clearly not working. Maybe it is time to bring is some retired spanish claycourt rat to teach her the nuances of the clay game.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #2252
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I got what I wanted a true competitive match - doesn't matter if Victoria played good or bad this is really the type of matches she needs for Roland Garros especially after the Madrid fiasco which I thought she was gonna repeat again in the second set here.

Victoria will gain a lot from a match like this.

Stosur really played awesome for most parts nice to see Victoria pull a Nadal vs. Gulbis here.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2253
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just glad she got through. Really important for Vika to pull out these tough matches, especially on clay and against an opponent who was playing formidable tennis in that second set.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #2254
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yer that was pretty poor. Though I guess beating the world number 10 on your worst surface while playing poor is a good thing. Tactically it was pretty poor compared to Vika's normal strategy vs Stosur. Fortunately her returning ability is so good that she managed to break Stosur twice in the 3rd set when not actually playing that well at all.

I just hope she can recover in time for tomorrow's match (2pm ffs ).
Yeah tactically it was a disaster. Anyone can have a bad night with their shots but I don't know what their plan was out there (unless it was ignore who you're playing and what surface you're on).
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2255
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Letīs be honest. QF at the French Open would be a success. SF would be a great tournament. She hasnīt played convincing on clay since 2011. Itīs a difference like night and day. She is just getting by with her hardcourt tennis and good match-ups, but this does not even being to resemble anything else. I can live with not meeting Pova, cause that tonight was good enough to get bagelled and breadsticked. I donīt know what they are working on in Monte Carlo, but it is clearly not working. Maybe it is time to bring is some retired spanish claycourt rat to teach her the nuances of the clay game.
I'm sure they know what to do, transitioning it into real matches might be tough for now. Something really important that Vika and Sam need to realise is that Vika cannot, CANNOT afford to try to win points with countless lineair BHs. She needs to use her FH to set up points, her FH has improved loads over the years and is perfectly capable of pulling opponents of the court or pushing them back into a corner thanks to loopier shots down the line. They need to realise this and if they do, I feel like there's still potential for Vika's game on clay.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2256
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Nervous watching and I had to shift my focus else where when she was down

It was a good test though, stosur on clay plus was very confident after beating kvitova with a 0-4 record before that,

Vika was not ready for the drop shots most times, her serve is with no words.... But her ground strokes are fine with here and there easy errors. I don't like that she couldn't defend her games when 40-15 up a couple of times. Her mental game is back, at least with controlled emotions display. And she is sliding slightly better tonight.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2257
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

I still think she'll beat Errani.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #2258
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Well, I got what I wanted a true competitive match - doesn't matter if Victoria played good or bad this is really the type of matches she needs for Roland Garros especially after the Madrid fiasco which I thought she was gonna repeat again in the second set here.

Victoria will gain a lot from a match like this.

Stosur really played awesome for most parts nice to see Victoria pull a Nadal vs. Gulbis here.
That's exactly what I thought after seeing those stats. Even the breadstick was the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
Ugly ugly.
Withdraw vika before getting golden matched by Revengerena. ..or even worse getting bageled by errani
I'm pretty sure that Errani wouldn't have been able to breadstick Vika today. I'm actually less scarred about that match than I was before the match against Sam. If only there wasn't this stupid schedule.

Vika was pretty bad at the net today though, especially when moving forward to get to a ball. She definitely needs to change that against Sara.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #2259
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
I still think she'll beat Errani.
Not the way she played today. Sheīll have to hit more consistent, be ready for the dropshots and finish points at the net. So everything she didnīt do today. Her whole attitude toward clay was way too negative to beat Errani. She is just not relaxed.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2260
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

The good thing about the match up vs Errani is because of Errani's serve, she normally keeps you in touch, you always get chances to break.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #2261
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What has to be kept in mind, there are normally lots of upsets at Roland Garros, you don't necessarily have to beat that many good players to win the title when you're seeded as high as Vika is. She just beat the world number 10 (and higher on clay) playing poor. There is a lot of negativity here, but I think people need to keep perspective before just completely burying her clay chances forever more.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #2262
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
What has to be kept in mind, there are normally lots of upsets at Roland Garros, you don't necessarily have to beat that many good players to win the title when you're seeded as high as Vika is. She just beat the world number 10 (and higher on clay) playing poor. There is a lot of negativity here, but I think people need to keep perspective before just completely burying her clay chances forever more.
Like Vika isnīt a prime candidate for them in this form.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #2263
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Quote:
I agree, though Patrick has made some really good points about how clueless Vika sometimes plays on a clay court. Most of all I think it's a mental thing because we've seen that Vika can translate her high level hardcourt/grasscourt tennis to clay before. She can easily slide but she's remaining very cautious right now, which is understandable because of the right ankle. I'm pretty sure everything will get better as her match play on this surface increases.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #2264
country flag Igor_Biscan

Quote:
Like Vika isnīt a prime candidate for them in this form.
No. She's played two weaker players here and disposed of them easily. She struggled against reasonable quality here, which she's unlikely to face until at least R4.

About Errani, Vika's return was just about the only thing working properly tonight, she'll be all over every Errani service game. And Errani won't be able to tee off on Vika's second serves like Sam did.
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #2265
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
No. She's played two weaker players here and disposed of them easily. She struggled against reasonable quality here, which she's unlikely to face until at least R4.
Halep, Kuznetsova, Robson, Kanepi, Mattek-Sands and a few others will all be un-seeded. Players like Lisicki or Shvedova could be waiting in the 3rd round.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Closed Thread