*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 149 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #2221
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
So, tomorrow there should be live streams available for all the quarterfinals: S. Williams vs Suarez Navarro (12:00 CET), Jankovic vs Halep (14:00 CET), Azarenka vs Stosur (16:00 CET) and Sharapova vs Errani (19:30 CET). http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-li...ing-video.html

For some reason Azarenka vs Wozniacki or Azarenka vs Kvitova seems to never happen in 2012 and 2013, but at least the old Archrival is looming again in semifinals. It's hard to believe that Sara Errani could stop her.

Hopefully Vika will be focuced and patient enough against Sam Stosur, and keeps her head-to-head record clean....
Stosur things first. We can´t be sure how clay changes the dynamics of the match-up. I was very impressed with Sharapva and Errani today. A final and wins over Stosur and Sharapova/Errani would be a great achievement going into the French Open. To me Sharapova still looks a level above anybody else on clay (like Vika is on hardcourts) with Serena being the exception to that rule.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #2222
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Stosur things first. We can´t be sure how clay changes the dynamics of the match-up. I was very impressed with Sharapva and Errani today. A final and wins over Stosur and Sharapova/Errani would be a great achievement going into the French Open. To me Sharapova still looks a level above anybody else on clay (like Vika is on hardcourts) with Serena being the exception to that rule.
I think Vika has fairly good chances against Sam. But she may indeed lose to Maria, the amount of hate and gloating that'll await us then will be near unparalleled. I chanced a look into SS recently. There's more talk about Vika than Maria there and the amount of hate and obsession with Vika is scary and beyond pathetic.

If Vika doesn't do well at RG i hope for Serena-Maria final there with the former dealing out a damn good trashing again to shut those losers up for quite some time. And this is coming from someone who actually likes Maria herself quite a lot.
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #2223
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
I think Vika has fairly good chances against Sam. But she may indeed lose to Maria, the amount of hate and gloating that'll await us then will be near unparalleled. I chanced a look into SS recently. There's more talk about Vika than Maria there and the amount of hate and obsession with Vika is scary and beyond pathetic.
Yeah, about that, even in the GM results threads for Vika there are always a number of Pova fans strongly fixated on the result, even more so than Radwanska fans these days.

Look at it this way, they consider her a giant threat even if many of them would never admit to it.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:14 AM   #2224
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If Vika doesn't do well at RG i hope for Serena-Maria final there with the former dealing out a damn good trashing again to shut those losers up for quite some time. And this is coming from someone who actually likes Maria herself quite a lot.
you must be looking in the Rome thread I guess? I personally don't bother reading the tournament threads anymore, same few people saying the same shit over and over again gets tiresome. It's not the WHOLE of SS just a few certain people.

IMO Petra is a pretty bad matchup for Sam, and Sam dealt with her, so against Vika on clay I'd say Sam's the favorite. To say Vika's results on clay incomparison to her other surfaces is the same player is wrong.
Old May 17th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #2225
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh I am confident Vika will deal with Sam comfortably. Sam always struggles to cover up her weaknesses vs Vika, clay or not, Vika knows exactly how to beat Sam.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #2226
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Tbh I am confident Vika will deal with Sam comfortably. Sam always struggles to cover up her weaknesses vs Vika, clay or not, Vika knows exactly how to beat Sam.
Right. In her match against Goerges, she was fired up and was merciless wen Goergess was tearing up. This is the Vika who wins Slams. She will be beating Sam comfortably today.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka

Last edited by LUVMIRZA : May 17th, 2013 at 05:45 AM.
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #2227
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:

Sure Sharapova might win next time on clay (if they meet in Rome or RG). But according to some so called expert fans of Sharapova it is a sure deal. Imagine if Vika would win. Then what would they have left?

The reality (imo of course) is that Sharapova could win against Vika at any surface, but while Vika is the favorite on other surfaces, clay would give Sharapova a bit more than 50% chance at the moment.

Today i give Errani and Stosur about equal chances btw.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #2228
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Sure Sharapova might win next time on clay (if they meet in Rome or RG). But according to some so called expert fans of Sharapova it is a sure deal. Imagine if Vika would win. Then what would they have left?

The reality (imo of course) is that Sharapova could win against Vika at any surface, but while Vika is the favorite on other surfaces, clay would give Sharapova a bit more than 50% chance at the moment.

Today i give Errani and Stosur about equal chances btw.

You should have seen the 2011 Rome QFs

Old May 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #2229
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
You should have seen the 2011 Rome QFs
How do you mean? I have not seen that match. I read about it though i think.

My point it just that regardless of the result the next time they play each other, the next match after that will also be open. So no reason for any fan base to think a win will set the outcome of future matches in stone. (Regardless of surface)
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #2230
country flag LUVMIRZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
How do you mean? I have not seen that match. I read about it though i think.

My point it just that regardless of the result the next time they play each other, the next match after that will also be open. So no reason for any fan base to think a win will set the outcome of future matches in stone. (Regardless of surface)
Vika was slaughtering Maria in the first set It was sad that it ended with a retirement. I am sure this year it will be better.

Old May 17th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #2231
country flag garwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Vika was slaughtering Maria in the first set It was sad that it ended with a retirement. I am sure this year it will be better.
Ok thanks.

But first Stosur who is also a challenge. Good luck Vika! (stupid work, i cant see the match until on replay).
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #2232
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
you must be looking in the Rome thread I guess? I personally don't bother reading the tournament threads anymore, same few people saying the same shit over and over again gets tiresome. It's not the WHOLE of SS just a few certain people.

IMO Petra is a pretty bad matchup for Sam, and Sam dealt with her, so against Vika on clay I'd say Sam's the favorite. To say Vika's results on clay incomparison to her other surfaces is the same player is wrong.
Agree, posters like Craig , Griffin, Trih and others are quite ok. They don't like Vika either but they don't go on and on and on about it.

The match against Sam is very interesting, indeed clay is quite a different. A lot will depend on form of the day, i feel Sam's getting a bit better lately but still far from her best form. Vika looks ok here but hasn't met with any resistance sofar.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #2233
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agree, posters like Craig , Griffin, Trih and others are quite ok. They don't like Vika either but they don't go on and on and on about it.

The match against Sam is very interesting, indeed clay is quite a different. A lot will depend on form of the day, i feel Sam's getting a bit better lately but still far from her best form. Vika looks ok here but hasn't met with any resistance sofar.
I've always thought that Vika is severely underrated on clay, or at least, she is far from the useless player that many pretend she is, and Sam has too many flaws in her game not to be taken advantage of by Vika. Sam was OK yesterday, but not that good, just average. I agree with Ozza, Vika has all the tools in her game to expose all the weaknesses in Sam's game, and I hope that she'll be able to do it again today.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #2234
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Stosur on clay is a good test. If she is to meet Pova later, need to start practicing hard and fast hitting opponent
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #2235
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova has withdrawn. Stosur and Errani will still be tough.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread