*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #1936
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I love it when something regarding Vika is controversial. You get to see just how ridiculously stupid some posters are and how blind they are with their hate of some girl they've never met.
WTA's greatest Villainess since Justine.

Vinci is going to get spanked next time they play, just like all the matches before. Even on clay.
I've said it a dozen times before, Vika is Vika. She's never going to be a media darling or a brainwashed say-the-right-thing player. She's going to be her, doing her own thing the way she wants. I will always rather her be herself than a shell of who she is. If that means players who she has no contact with outside of a few beatdowns hate her, c'est la vie.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #1937
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I love it when something regarding Vika is controversial. You get to see just how ridiculously stupid some posters are and how blind they are with their hate of some girl they've never met.
WTA's greatest Villainess since Justine.

Vinci is going to get spanked next time they play, just like all the matches before. Even on clay.
I've said it a dozen times before, Vika is Vika. She's never going to be a media darling or a brainwashed say-the-right-thing player. She's going to be her, doing her own thing the way she wants. I will always rather her be herself than a shell of who she is. If that means players who she has no contact with outside of a few beatdowns hate her, c'est la vie.
It's not so obvious Vinci hates her. I didn't read a good translation of that article in that thread and it all remained a bit vague. Good easily be that Roby only said that Vika is a tough intimidating player, a lot of players will also say this about Serena/Maria. Not much negative about that.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #1938
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

One thing i would like to point out is that i never heard Vika said a bad thing about another player in an interview. Unlike Radwanska, Sharapova, Vinci (I guess i could go on and on).

I mostly started to be a fan because i liked her tennis more than any other player i have seen. (When i played tennis i wanted to play with that controlled agression she does). But i'm getting more and more impressed by other things as well.

What is said in GM is mostly other players fan bases getting irretated their player loses most of the matches against Vika. It could be fun to argue about when you feel like it but not really important.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #1939
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

What did Vinci say?

I guess it must still hurt to be routined by an ill Vika.
oh yeah i guess is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 03:24 AM   #1940
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
What did Vinci say?

I guess it must still hurt to be routined by an ill Vika.
Not sure as my italian is not top notch, but either that she was a bully, intimidating or won too many matches.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #1941
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika is in the crowd for Nadal vs Tsonga (in Monte Carlo).
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1942

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
It's not so obvious Vinci hates her. I didn't read a good translation of that article in that thread and it all remained a bit vague. Good easily be that Roby only said that Vika is a tough intimidating player, a lot of players will also say this about Serena/Maria. Not much negative about that.
For me it's less about who said what or meant what, Vinci is just the player who spoke. It's more about how insane so many people expect Vika to be something she isn't, and those people being other fans both here and elsewhere who latch on to a generalized translation that paints Vika in a negative light and therefore we have 13 pages of hatred. It's just sad.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #1943
country flag garwe

Quote:
For me it's less about who said what or meant what, Vinci is just the player who spoke. It's more about how insane so many people expect Vika to be something she isn't, and those people being other fans both here and elsewhere who latch on to a generalized translation that paints Vika in a negative light and therefore we have 13 pages of hatred. It's just sad.
Yes but im sure Vika get 95% positive feedback from fans. Not like many of the fans she meet everywhere is part of this forum.

I find it interesting that even when she is down to number three in the ranking, and has not played in a while, everyone in GM is talking about her.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1944
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I think the Roberta Vinci interview and what was a single word she used was just an excuse for certain (usual suspects) TF writers to start their typical anti-Vika campaigns.

If Vika has some rough edges, it really doesn´t disturb me. It is like a classic difference between rock music and pop music. But like garwe said Vika hasn´t known for bitchy comments about the other tennis players. That´s not her style.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #1945
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, i agree with that. Masha stans are mainly responsible , i'm quite fed up with a significant part of that particular fanbase. Some of them are really obsessed with Vika in a not so healthy way.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #1946
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Yes, i agree with that. Masha stans are mainly responsible , i'm quite fed up with a significant part of that particular fanbase. Some of them are really obsessed with Vika in a not so healthy way.
No kidding. Their stupidity seems to augment off the charts with every passing day. Svetlio just crucified my memory regarding a match that happened in 2008 because I was 12 years old at the time. And they wonder why I don't really post in Siberian Siren anymore. A lot of them are honestly some of the most petulant, dumb posters on this forum and that's quite the accomplishment.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
No kidding. Their stupidity seems to augment off the charts with every passing day. Svetlio just crucified my memory regarding a match that happened in 2008 because I was 12 years old at the time. And they wonder why I don't really post in Siberian Siren anymore. A lot of them are honestly some of the most petulant, dumb posters on this forum and that's quite the accomplishment.
That's sad especially because there are some really good people who are Pova fans and Pova deserves better fans. Seriously.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #1948
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Just read an interesting interview with Shvedova:

Quote:
With whom you are friends in women's tennis? And there is a friendship in tennis?

In general there is good communication, or communication. My main friends Vanya or Russian speakers. With Rodionova company turned out. Azarenka normal, says hello to everyone. Sharapova had no one to greet. She can only communicate with the top 10. We always meet with her, she always looks away. For me, it's weird and funny. All the rest - well, we can exchange a few words.
(Google Translate)

If Azarenka would be the one who doesn't greet anyone we'd already have a thread about it in GM.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #1949
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there are 2 sides. Very few of the top players are universally popular in the dressing room for obvious reasons. This idea that goes around that everyone on tour hates Azarenka is obviously rubbish. It's also ironic when it mainly gets put forward by Sharapova fans (who openly admitted she has no friends on tour). Robson and Watson have both given interviews on UK TV at different points last year that they like Vika and she is friendly. This is without going into the obvious Kirilenko, Vesnina, Petkovic etc. Vika has received numerous congratulations on twitter after winning big events from players on tour, the players doing this obviously like her.

Even when you look at the mens game which we always hear how friendly the top 4 are. You still hear people taking pops at them (Janowicz, Davydenko in recent times). You're always likely to rub some players the wrong way.

It's also debatable what Vinci even meant. It seems highly unlikely that Vinci and Azarenka have much interaction off court (given their ages etc.). Vika brings a big personality to the court, it's easy to see how that will rub some people the wrong way especially if you keep beating them.

Maybe I should copy this into the GM thread too .

Last edited by ozza : Apr 20th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #1950
country flag ozza

Natural Joe where have you taken that quote from btw? In case someone asks for a source in GM.
Closed Thread