*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 128 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1906
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

What do we think Vika's US summer schedule should be (if someone knows it, post it and this post will be a waste of time )?

The options (excluding internationals which I can't see her playing) :-
22/07 Stanford (Premier)
29/07 Carlsbad (Premier)
05/08 Toronto (Premier 5)
12/08 Cincinnati (Premier 5)

I think we can all agree there is no way she should be playing New Haven so I won't even list that. I think she should be playing 2 of these. Obviously the two Premier 5s are where the biggest points are on offer, but I'm not sure she should play 2 events back to back like that. Am I right in thinking that because she didn't enter Cincinnati last year, she has to this year? If that is the case I think she should play Carlsbad, Cincinnati. Historically she has tended to play Stanford, but I tend to like the schedule of tournament-week off-tournament.

Vika is defending next to no points during this period, and obviously it's a big chance to rack up points. More important though is preparing for a charge at the US Open.

For reference Vika's known schedule in upcoming stretch :-
06/05 Madrid (Premier Mandatory)
13/05 Rome (Premier 5)
27/05 French Open
24/06 Wimbledon
26/08 US Open

ps. For any Americans dates are in dd/mm format .
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #1907
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
What do we think Vika's US summer schedule should be (if someone knows it, post it and this post will be a waste of time )?

The options (excluding internationals which I can't see her playing) :-
22/07 Stanford (Premier)
29/07 Carlsbad (Premier)

05/08 Toronto (Premier 5)
12/08 Cincinnati (Premier 5)

I think we can all agree there is no way she should be playing New Haven so I won't even list that. I think she should be playing 2 of these. Obviously the two Premier 5s are where the biggest points are on offer, but I'm not sure she should play 2 events back to back like that. Am I right in thinking that because she didn't enter Cincinnati last year, she has to this year? If that is the case I think she should play Carlsbad, Cincinnati. Historically she has tended to play Stanford, but I tend to like the schedule of tournament-week off-tournament.

Vika is defending next to no points during this period, and obviously it's a big chance to rack up points. More important though is preparing for a charge at the US Open.

For reference Vika's known schedule in upcoming stretch :-
06/05 Madrid (Premier Mandatory)
13/05 Rome (Premier 5)
27/05 French Open
24/06 Wimbledon
26/08 US Open

ps. For any Americans dates are in dd/mm format .
I Highly doubt she play Carlsbad, I can see her playing Stanford if she don't do so well at Wimby & plus she won there and seem too like it there, Stanford this year is going be a pack field Maria S., Stosur, & I think Errani & Wozniacki. Cincinnati & Toronto are for sure she will play both of those, the only way she won't if she injury

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1908
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika hasn't played both Canada and Cincinnati since 2010. Playing 3 events in 4 weeks and then playing the US Open a week later seems a lot.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1909
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

My Guess she play both Canada and Cincinnati if not just Canada

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #1910
country flag ozza

Vika has to enter Cincinnati. You can't opt out of the same Premier 5 2 years in a row (I checked this after my post).
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #1911
country flag Trey

Well yeah she nine time outta ten playing both Canada and Cincinnati only way she might not play both if she get injury which we hope don't happen

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #1912
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Vika has to enter Cincinnati. You can't opt out of the same Premier 5 2 years in a row (I checked this after my post).
good find. I don't remember the last time she played Cincinnati. 2009?

If everything goes to plan with her recovery, after wimbledon she'll have played 8 tournaments, including the two withdrawals. Last year she played 17 including rome and montreal so effectively 15. She was tired at Istanbul so that was probably one too many (assuming she is reaching at least the semi final in most tournaments).

So the tournaments she will definitely play:

Cincinatti
New York
Beijing
Istanbul

Leaving 3 more to reach 14. If she doesn't play Toronto she has to play Tokyo right?

I agree Carlsbad would be the most sensible choice out of the other three. Toronto is apparently popular with the players though, and would allow her to just play Beijing in Asia. (It would also mean she could go back to Linz, they love her there)

I 'd be happy with her having a low key preparation for New York and only playing Cincy. Last year she rested after the olympics and didn't play at all, and that turned into a good thing in New York as she had a lot of energy for the later rounds.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #1913
country flag ozza

Vika last played Cincinnati in 2010, there is a reason you probably forgot that though .

Yes if she doesn't play Toronto she has to play Tokyo. I think she'll play Tokyo regardless, ok she got ill last year, but I think she likes Tokyo, and this is the last edition isn't it . Beijing-Linz is a tough back to back however you do it really. I know she won both last year, but it does make you wonder if it led to her downfall in Istanbul.

Stanford has tended to be the more popular non-mandatory premier in USO hard court series, I know Sharapova and Stosur are confirmed for this year. On the other hand this should mean Carlsbad are looking for a top player (Serena is also tied up in Bastad the week before ). It all depends really, if she's going to play Toronto and Cincinnati that will probably be it. I think you are more likely to pick up the titles though if you play Carlsbad-Cincinnati. Toronto-Cincinnati feels a brutal back to back if you want to win both of them.

That would leave my rest of season schedule as Madrid, Rome, French Open, Wimbledon, Carlsbad, Cincinnati, US Open, Tokyo, Beijing, Istanbul. Technically bringing her total to 16 including Istanbul, but 14 if you only count events actually played.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1914
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Yeah I still don't recall her participating in 2010

Some will depend on how certain she is that her ankle is ok. Clay shouldn't be a problem but she might be cautious about entering too many hardcourt events in case it flares up again.
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1915
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys think she might enter in Brussels as she's not playing stuttgart this year? Hopefully not, I want her to be rested for Paris but who knows...
VIKA? is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #1916
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKA-GOAT View Post
Do you guys think she might enter in Brussels as she's not playing stuttgart this year? Hopefully not, I want her to be rested for Paris but who knows...
Entry list for Brussels come out yesterday, Azarenka isn't on it. The only way I can ever see her asking for wildcard is if she doesn't play Madrid or Rome.
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #1917
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria Azarenka: Olympic medals better than No. 1 ranking

Quote:
“I think one cannot compare the Olympic medals with the first position in the WTA rankings. During the 2012 Olympic Games I experienced totally different emotions. I think I was more glad when I got the singles bronze than when I snatched the Olympic doubles gold. After the semifinal defeat in the singles it was extremely difficult to get back to the court and play the third-place match in only 12 or 13 hours. I never thought I sacrificed the silver or a gold medal to secure the doubles success because from the start I aimed to play and reach the best possible result in both events. The Olympic Games is the competition I will never forget. The WTA ranking for me is only a bonus in addition to my victories,” Victoria Azarenka noted.
http://tennis.si.com/2013/04/10/vict...-no-1-ranking/
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #1918
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Entry list for Brussels come out yesterday, Azarenka isn't on it. The only way I can ever see her asking for wildcard is if she doesn't play Madrid or Rome.
Oh great then
VIKA? is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #1919
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let Aga Radwanska to defend her title in Brussels. I think Madrid, Rome and Roland Garros should be enough for clay session. Vika´s summer schedule will be easier to plan this year because she doesn´t have to worry about the Olympic tournament.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #1920
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see her asking for a WC for Brussels at all. She seems to believe less is more lately which is good.

Tennis is so boring without Vika I can't wait for Madrid!

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread