*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 113 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1681
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

It's touchy on GM tonight .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Missed it. What did she say?
I only caught the end, I missed what I think was the most interesting part , because I didn't hear the question and she was talking about being thankful towards someone for putting up such great events all year round. All she really talked about after I tuned in was what her injury was, how devastated she was to withdraw from the tournament, how great the fans are in Indian Wells, how much she likes the tournament etc.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #1682
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I Just hoping this Injury not Serious. I think she been having this Injury since Dubai Through. I Just Hope she can rebound for Miami & as far as GM I don't even pay no mind

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #1683
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I think she's also quite keen to play Caro finally.

But this is no use, she should just withdraw if she can't even practice.
I think Vika wants to win the big tournaments and in that light her withdrawal here is the logical thing to do. H2H with Caro is more of a TF thing.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #1684
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

There's nothing wrong with discussion but sometimes I wish GM was closed down for a period of time. It is such a cesspool.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #1685
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ Don't take those Haters Serious hurricanejeanne they just want attention I would've get all mad and work up over them
I'm not taking them serious but it does make me wonder how their rationality works in everyday life if they can't rationalize a professional athlete's reasoning for withdrawing.

If you apply their logic to other things, it ridiculous.
Say, if you have the stomach flu and eating heavy or sweet things will just make you sicker you don't eat those things. With their logic, they still think you should eat those things that make you ill even if it will make you ill. It just doesn't add up.

And on a personal level, I doubt any of them have had a serious injury that needs time to heal or to at least stabilize so it doesn't get worse. Tendonitis is tricky. It doesn't go away completely and can flare up really bad if not managed, which is something I can speak from experience.

Also, I enjoy how easily so many people overlook the times she has played on an injury only for it bite her in the ass in the end (the US Open fainting episode for example).

But alas, there are posters that believe withdrawing or retiring from a tournament/match are just the worst thing ever because the tour is more important and players as individuals are interchangeable. Tennis is an individual sport, you have to make the call about your body and whether or not you can give 100%. In my eyes, if you can't give 100% it's not worth half-assing.

And finally, it's an honor to have Patrick on our side. He's slaying the haters in GM by outsmarting them.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #1686
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

One of the most common myths seems to be this idea that if you are injured, it's impossible to play a week later. I often wonder where this idea has come from. Even at the level of sport I played, I have seen people literally not be able to walk and then be able to play again 3 days later.

With regards to Vika's actual injury it's hard to know whether she will be fit in a weeks time. There are varying degrees of tendonitis, and varying degrees of recovery time.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #1687
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

She plays as good this season as she did the last one, but i wonder if something happened in the pre season training that made it impossible to build the same fitness level. I seem to remember she said it was the biggest improvement she did last year.

Even if she had to retire a few times last year as well, i dont like this pattern. Hopefully it passes and she can play most tournaments close to 100%.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #1688
country flag Malvina

Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all Malvina is a name known to all

Get well soon Vika
Malvina is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #1689
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
And neither can all the fucking haters on this forum.
I mean, in their minds if she's breathing she should play. If she can walk she should play. It's absolutely ridiculous that anyone who isn't in her camp would have the nerve to seriously question the validity of her injury after she's played like crap all week, pulled up on the foot in her last match and attempted to practice in the open where it was clear that she was struggling. Apparently the tournament doctor should be forced to release a medical note stating her exact injury, what's exactly happening that's causing the pain and the recommended treatment because Vika relaying these facts doesn't give them any ounce of credit amongst her critics, many of which who do not play tennis, or sports, and do not know the kind of pain or threat of an even more serious injury she's in and vulnerable to if she played.

Yes she's pulled out of a large number of tournaments in her career but I would rather watch a match between two fit players than a top player playing subpar because she's carrying a serious injury which causes the match to be pointless.

I mean seriously, why do people get their panties in a bunch if Vika or any other player withdraws from a tournament? They can't claim it's cheating because she can't win the tournament now, she's out.

But I'm trying to apply logic and reason to GM so really, who's the idiot here?

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1690
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Some people frustrated there was no WTA yesterday.
Some rival fans bitter at Vika's success, trying to discredit it. Trying to claim the reason she hardly ever loses is because she chooses not to play instead. What did Maria Sharapova do to deserve some of her fans?

Either way there's a loss of perspective somewhere when it's okay to attack someone for making the choices her and those close to her think is best for taking care of her body.

If this has been ongoing since Doha I hope she skips Miami and Monterrey. Nearly three weeks off before IW, first day of practice fine, then some tape, then tape and strapping, then by yesterday's practice her ankle completely mummified. I can't see how a week off before Miami is going to stop the same thing happening again. Hopefully this time it's been more accurately diagnosed and they can treat it better.

Last year she only had three retirements: Rome (tank), Montreal (tiredness), Tokyo (illness). This season two injury retirements already. As garwe says I wonder if something changed with her preparation, some things to consider...

She's bulked up her upper body in the off season, sometimes that can upset your balance.
She has this new physio, he's not exactly been a great success so far.
Her toe infection before brisbane might have caused her to compensate in her stride and put pressure on her ankle.
Could just be straight bad luck.

Whatever, tendonitis is serious and she needs to deal with it properly now, not try to muddle through and make it worse
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #1691
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the news well, I hope Victoria will be totally recovered for her preferred Mandatory event : Miami. I miss her lifting the trophy and moreover 2013 is an odd year.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #1692
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I mean seriously, why do people get their panties in a bunch if Vika or any other player withdraws from a tournament? They can't claim it's cheating because she can't win the tournament now, she's out.

But I'm trying to apply logic and reason to GM so really, who's the idiot here?
The majority simply want to see these players lose. Some people aren't even consistent from thread to thread, I have found myself defending both Serena and Maria as well . The problem is their success means a lot of people want see their downfalls, so they look for any chance to jump on.

Igor_Biscan jumped on what I see as the most ludicrous theory of all that is going around. This theory that Vika has 2 losses because if you can keep withdrawing anytime you may lose you could keep winning forever. This is such a flawed theory it's hard to believe people can believe it, for one what do you reckon is more important to Vika - a winning streak or winning tournaments? Only someone who is not in this realm would claim anything other than winning tournaments. You wouldn't win anything if you withdrew every time you could lose. Vika is in the game to be winning titles, the biggest titles on tour, not protect some winning streak.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #1693
country flag ozza

For those talking about playing or withdrawing from Miami. You just have to hope her camp makes the right decision. It will be pretty clear from her matches if she is suffering or not. Tendonitis is a strange thing, it can completely disappear in 3-4 days, or it could still be lingering in 2 months time. You just have to hope it's not the latter.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #1694
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
If this has been ongoing since Doha I hope she skips Miami and Monterrey. Nearly three weeks off before IW, first day of practice fine, then some tape, then tape and strapping, then by yesterday's practice her ankle completely mummified. I can't see how a week off before Miami is going to stop the same thing happening again. Hopefully this time it's been more accurately diagnosed and they can treat it better.
I agree with you. Vika should give herself enough time to recover, so that she feels 100% fit. As we know there are also plenty of big tournaments left after Indian Wells and Miami like Madrid, Rome and of course Roland Garros. If she changes her tour schedule and decides to play e.g. in Stuttgart in late April 2013, the final player list should be available on March 21, 2013. http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pa...urrent_players
Exordes is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #1695
country flag ozza

http://www.10sballs.com/2013/03/15/v...s-very-slight/

This would point towards Vika likely playing Miami.
Closed Thread