December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events - Page 80 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1186
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

It doesn't bother me if it does or not, I was just commenting that it sucks that she has gone back to playing these. Again.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1187
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
I wouldn't read into anything with that acceptance list. It'll whittle down massively over the next couple of weeks
Yes, it will .

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1188
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Saw a few girls today. Not all though. DIdn't get to see Boj play. I had RLA tickets, so watches some of Sam. Tried to get in to Boj but wasn't gonna get a seat, so didn't bother. Is it just me or the outside courts more packed? Are they letting more people in? You can barely see anything, half the time. Stupid fucking schedulers putting Sacha on Court 7 was a joke. Couldn't even catch a glimpse cos too many people trying to squeeze a look in! It's one of the smallest courts, and they put an Aussie on there. Joke. EVen Jie Zheng v The Chinese WC is a bigger court.

Sam lucky to get out of that first set But now the R1 monkey is off her back, I'm hoping she'll just come out swinging now!

Didn't see any of Keys v Casey, and just saw some of Barty v Domi on one of the TVs there.

Re Liv v Vesna - that was a tough match to watch. I only watched the second set though. I had a feeling she'd go down in the 3rd, so I bailed before I gave myself a heart attack watching it end. Sucks that she couldn't capitalise on that 4-1 lead, but it was only one break and it looks like a bigger lead than it was...

Just a shame she couldn't hang tough in the end. She was hitting well, we all know she can hit really well from the baseline, but she doesn't do enough to finish the points off. So many points she appears to be in control, but then she doesn't take her opportunity to finish the point off and it results in an error Vesna got ball after ball back, and it seemed that the longer the rally went she was going to win it off a Liv error. I take back what I said in an earlier post though - Vesna is not a bigger hitter and is not that much of a better player than Liv. Today she was in the end, but Liv let it get away.

I'm not going to sit here and rip Liv apart, because she did give it her all and she did show a lot of fight. But so so disappointing. She should have won that one, and she knows it. She needs to change her game up though. Learn to come in, finish points off and perhaps mix things up a bit. Her game is too predictable, and opponents like Vesna feed off it.

I hope to God that she doesn't go back to $25K events after this. Playing those events late last year was a mistake IMO, and the sooner she gets the fuck out of those events and plays bigger events o/s, the better it will be. She is good enough to mix it with these Euro girls, so she better hop on a plane and do it. No more excuses.

Liv will drop to around 140 or so now, and will drop even lower over the next 4-6 weeks. That's about where she belongs I think, but with hard work and commitment to making some changes to her game, I feel she can get that top 100 spot.
Completely agree re the outside courts...could barely get a look in at all today. There are way more people there....and it was a nightmare with RLA finishing so early so another ? thousand people crammed into the smaller spaces...

Jones on court 7 was an absolute joke...seriously Doi v whoever she played on 6 and Zhang/Zheng on 8 both could have been swapped over...

Liv i left after watching all the first set and half of the second...she should of broken early in the second and wrapped it up in straight sets...i then came back at the start of the third....seriously FML...it was any wonder she wrapped that towel around her head and the tears were flowing by the time she hit the players tunnel...like you said the lead seemed bigger than it was but still 4-1...to go down like that....some VERY questionable line calls especially the pearlier that Territory mentioned late in the set that was so far out it wasn't funny...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
only Aussie girl I caught was Sam

I also saw that Bengson/Adamczak was practicing with Rajicic/Sanders
Yep, a couple of wildcard pairs, few of the aussie men did the same earlier with Groth/Reid v Jones/? Nicole Pratt there on court with the girls..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
I saw all of Liv's match apart from the first few games, TS summed it all up pretty well. Definitely needs to work on coming in, I only remember one volley for the match and it was a bottom-of-the-netter. Even some defensive lobs chucked up Liv could've taken out of the air, but they didn't matter so much as she still won the points. I just knew she was going to miss that smash in one if the last games, can't remember if that was at 5-5 or 6-6. She was shattered after the match and hid under the towel as she walked off the court I think a positive though is that every match from Brisbane to Sydney to here she has improved.
Agree that she needs to play bigger events beyond the Aussie 25ks. If she wants tolay at that level she should at least play the 25ks over in the states. But if the entry list stays the same it looks like I'll be seeing her in burnie in two weeks...
Hopefully Burnie is the last of it, wish she would hit up the asian wta events and then go to america...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
What a day for Australians! No wonder my nerves are shot:
Sam nervously getting the W.
Ebden falling after being up two sets to love.
Millman losing 7-5 in the fifth.
Liv being 2 points from the match in both the 2nd and 3rd sets and losing 8-6.
Boj serving for the set against Aga.
Casey breaking back when Keys served for the match, then had 2 SPs, then lost.
Hewitt who should've won the 2nd but went down in 3.
Ash winning a great first set before fading.
Crazy stuff!! I'm exhausted.
Tell me about it I was shattered after enduring all that and then forgetting to take a jumper with me lol. Ebden chokes again, lets not hide the fact because thats what it was....Liv as per above comments, but far out did Dolonc do some scrambling...

Shocking draws for Hewitt, Barty & Bobusic, three players that were in good form and would have won many other match ups in the draw...that's tennis i guess..

Should be happy Casey and Sacha are there but a part of me was disapointed with both their efforts...Sacha was in the first set but nowhere near it in the second...and Casey needed to get going a bit earlier and should of taken the second...

Millman and Liv will not sleep well tonight and two players that really needed the points and more importantly the confidence that an ao win would have provided..

Thank f**k for Sam but even that was nothing to write home about...did anyone notice the shank backhand in the t/b when she broke a string...it was broking right near the head of the racket...complete mishit and sums up her game....someone give the girl a bob marley cd so she can chill out before her match...the way she is going she will injure herslef....still too tense and strangling the racket...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #1189
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yep, just saw the acceptance list

Meh. She won't improve at all if she continues to play these. I know these ones are usually stronger than the ones at the end of the year, but still. That's just shite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Liv is going back to $ 25 K, she is playing Burnie in 2 weeks.

Hard to say what her true value is/ how far she can go when she depends so much on $25K ,

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
Only justification if she's uses these tournies to hone some aspects of her game. Going but what I saw yesterday I don't believe she did this in the last swing of 25K's. Very reluctant to go any further inside than mid-court.

But she needs genuine match toughness (not 25K match toughness) and to play the Dolonc's regularly, so hopefully this is just a oncer and she's off overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Completely agree re the outside courts...could barely get a look in at all today. There are way more people there....and it was a nightmare with RLA finishing so early so another ? thousand people crammed into the smaller spaces...
Whilst sitting on court 6 I had people behind me saying 'which ones Rogowska' .... I wish we could find a way to disallow entry to those that only know players like Stosur, Novak and Fed
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #1190
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Only justification if she's uses these tournies to hone some aspects of her game. Going but what I saw yesterday I don't believe she did this in the last swing of 25K's. Very reluctant to go any further inside than mid-court.

But she needs genuine match toughness (not 25K match toughness) and to play the Dolonc's regularly, so hopefully this is just a oncer and she's off overseas.

Whilst sitting on court 6 I had people behind me saying 'which ones Rogowska' .... I wish we could find a way to disallow entry to those that only know players like Stosur, Novak and Fed
For me it is her going back to her comfort zone. Maybe it is what she needs after a difficult January.

Yeah tennis spectator are generally clueless
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #1191
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So annoying some of the crap that comes out of people mouths and now my two biggest whinges to date...

Serbian Fans stop acting like pigs and STFU during points already, you were disgraceful at times at the Hopman Cup and not much better yesterday in some matches around the grounds..

And would people learn to sit the F**k down until the change of ends....this year seems to be unusually worse than any other ive been...

Rant over... fingers crossed Jarka can double our number of winners tonight
|
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #1192
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Jarka is fighting
Up 5-3 in second set
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #1193
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
I love Jarmilla but god she's hard to watch. Her own worst enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #1194
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ I agree. Ive never enjoyed watching her play. Just so erratic.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #1195
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. One of the worst decision makers I've ever seen on a tennis court.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1196
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed. One of the worst decision makers I've ever seen on a tennis court.
Yes. And all at such predictable times. If she hits a bad shot she acts like its the end of the world and follows it with about 4 or 5 more then goes on a nice little run where she plays about 4 or 5 great shots and then hits another bad one and the cycle starts all over again Doesn't look like the sports psychologist is making much of a difference.

Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1197
country flag ozfan44

and so the aussie choke fest continues....
|
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #1198
louloubelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
Yes. And all at such predictable times. If she hits a bad shot she acts like its the end of the world and follows it with about 4 or 5 more then goes on a nice little run where she plays about 4 or 5 great shots and then hits another bad one and the cycle starts all over again Doesn't look like the sports psychologist is making much of a difference.
Yes, I noticed the cycle too.

The constant looking to her players box after every point - which was criticised by Stubbsy last night - is all also a problem. How can she mentally work out a way to win a match when she's looking at her coach all the time.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #1199
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes, I noticed the cycle too.

The constant looking to her players box after every point - which was criticised by Stubbsy last night - is all also a problem. How can she mentally work out a way to win a match when she's looking at her coach all the time.
Henin used to do the same thing, and I hated her because of it.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #1200
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

I don't know if I can ever watch tennis again.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App