December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #1171
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

Oh dear. Liv had a BP for 5-1 but now it's 4-4 instead
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #1172
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus this Liv match...

A woeful linecall at 5-5 AD-40. Now deuce.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #1173
country flag Territory

Liv finally holds after 6 deuces. 6-5.

My nerves are so frayed after Sam, Boj, Ash and now Liv. I need a liedown
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #1174
country flag Territory

2 points from the match again!
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #1175
country flag Territory

Heartbreaking for Liv

She actually played amazingly well most of the match. Dolonc retrieved insanely well.

Really sympathising for Liv right now
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #1176
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch. She didn't play badly but just too passive at the wrong times. Heart breaking alright

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #1177
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Match stats show 79 unforced errors for Liv. That's almost 20 games worth.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #1178
country flag Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Match stats show 79 unforced errors for Liv. That's almost 20 games worth.
40 of those were off the return of serve.

39 UEs once the rally is started is not bad considering what an epic match it was.

Seriously, she played really well for the most part. Dolonc also was playing great for a lot of the match too.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #1179
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a few girls today. Not all though. DIdn't get to see Boj play. I had RLA tickets, so watches some of Sam. Tried to get in to Boj but wasn't gonna get a seat, so didn't bother. Is it just me or the outside courts more packed? Are they letting more people in? You can barely see anything, half the time. Stupid fucking schedulers putting Sacha on Court 7 was a joke. Couldn't even catch a glimpse cos too many people trying to squeeze a look in! It's one of the smallest courts, and they put an Aussie on there. Joke. EVen Jie Zheng v The Chinese WC is a bigger court.

Sam lucky to get out of that first set But now the R1 monkey is off her back, I'm hoping she'll just come out swinging now!

Didn't see any of Keys v Casey, and just saw some of Barty v Domi on one of the TVs there.

Re Liv v Vesna - that was a tough match to watch. I only watched the second set though. I had a feeling she'd go down in the 3rd, so I bailed before I gave myself a heart attack watching it end. Sucks that she couldn't capitalise on that 4-1 lead, but it was only one break and it looks like a bigger lead than it was...

Just a shame she couldn't hang tough in the end. She was hitting well, we all know she can hit really well from the baseline, but she doesn't do enough to finish the points off. So many points she appears to be in control, but then she doesn't take her opportunity to finish the point off and it results in an error Vesna got ball after ball back, and it seemed that the longer the rally went she was going to win it off a Liv error. I take back what I said in an earlier post though - Vesna is not a bigger hitter and is not that much of a better player than Liv. Today she was in the end, but Liv let it get away.

I'm not going to sit here and rip Liv apart, because she did give it her all and she did show a lot of fight. But so so disappointing. She should have won that one, and she knows it. She needs to change her game up though. Learn to come in, finish points off and perhaps mix things up a bit. Her game is too predictable, and opponents like Vesna feed off it.

I hope to God that she doesn't go back to $25K events after this. Playing those events late last year was a mistake IMO, and the sooner she gets the fuck out of those events and plays bigger events o/s, the better it will be. She is good enough to mix it with these Euro girls, so she better hop on a plane and do it. No more excuses.

Liv will drop to around 140 or so now, and will drop even lower over the next 4-6 weeks. That's about where she belongs I think, but with hard work and commitment to making some changes to her game, I feel she can get that top 100 spot.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1180
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

only Aussie girl I caught was Sam

I also saw that Bengson/Adamczak was practicing with Rajicic/Sanders

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #1181
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

I saw all of Liv's match apart from the first few games, TS summed it all up pretty well. Definitely needs to work on coming in, I only remember one volley for the match and it was a bottom-of-the-netter. Even some defensive lobs chucked up Liv could've taken out of the air, but they didn't matter so much as she still won the points. I just knew she was going to miss that smash in one if the last games, can't remember if that was at 5-5 or 6-6. She was shattered after the match and hid under the towel as she walked off the court I think a positive though is that every match from Brisbane to Sydney to here she has improved.

Agree that she needs to play bigger events beyond the Aussie 25ks. If she wants to play at that level she should at least play the 25ks over in the states. But if the entry list stays the same it looks like I'll be seeing her in burnie in two weeks...
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #1182
country flag Territory

What a day for Australians! No wonder my nerves are shot:

Sam nervously getting the W.
Ebden falling after being up two sets to love.
Millman losing 7-5 in the fifth.
Liv being 2 points from the match in both the 2nd and 3rd sets and losing 8-6.
Boj serving for the set against Aga.
Casey breaking back when Keys served for the match, then had 2 SPs, then lost.
Hewitt who should've won the 2nd but went down in 3.
Ash winning a great first set before fading.

Crazy stuff!! I'm exhausted.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #1183
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Saw a few girls today. Not all though. DIdn't get to see Boj play. I had RLA tickets, so watches some of Sam. Tried to get in to Boj but wasn't gonna get a seat, so didn't bother. Is it just me or the outside courts more packed? Are they letting more people in? You can barely see anything, half the time. Stupid fucking schedulers putting Sacha on Court 7 was a joke. Couldn't even catch a glimpse cos too many people trying to squeeze a look in! It's one of the smallest courts, and they put an Aussie on there. Joke. EVen Jie Zheng v The Chinese WC is a bigger court.

Sam lucky to get out of that first set But now the R1 monkey is off her back, I'm hoping she'll just come out swinging now!

Didn't see any of Keys v Casey, and just saw some of Barty v Domi on one of the TVs there.

Re Liv v Vesna - that was a tough match to watch. I only watched the second set though. I had a feeling she'd go down in the 3rd, so I bailed before I gave myself a heart attack watching it end. Sucks that she couldn't capitalise on that 4-1 lead, but it was only one break and it looks like a bigger lead than it was...

Just a shame she couldn't hang tough in the end. She was hitting well, we all know she can hit really well from the baseline, but she doesn't do enough to finish the points off. So many points she appears to be in control, but then she doesn't take her opportunity to finish the point off and it results in an error Vesna got ball after ball back, and it seemed that the longer the rally went she was going to win it off a Liv error. I take back what I said in an earlier post though - Vesna is not a bigger hitter and is not that much of a better player than Liv. Today she was in the end, but Liv let it get away.

I'm not going to sit here and rip Liv apart, because she did give it her all and she did show a lot of fight. But so so disappointing. She should have won that one, and she knows it. She needs to change her game up though. Learn to come in, finish points off and perhaps mix things up a bit. Her game is too predictable, and opponents like Vesna feed off it.

I hope to God that she doesn't go back to $25K events after this. Playing those events late last year was a mistake IMO, and the sooner she gets the fuck out of those events and plays bigger events o/s, the better it will be. She is good enough to mix it with these Euro girls, so she better hop on a plane and do it. No more excuses.

Liv will drop to around 140 or so now, and will drop even lower over the next 4-6 weeks. That's about where she belongs I think, but with hard work and commitment to making some changes to her game, I feel she can get that top 100 spot.
Liv is going back to $ 25 K, she is playing Burnie in 2 weeks.

Hard to say what her true value is/ how far she can go when she depends so much on $25K ,

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1184
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, just saw the acceptance list

Meh. She won't improve at all if she continues to play these. I know these ones are usually stronger than the ones at the end of the year, but still. That's just shite.

Interestingly, Sally Peers withdrew today. Bella Holland is down to play, so is she starting afresh this year? All the other usual suspects are playing, except Barty.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1185
country flag Territory

I wouldn't read into anything with that acceptance list. It'll whittle down massively over the next couple of weeks