December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #1051
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

Nastya won: 7-5 0-6 6-4. Typical Nastya scoreline

Arina won the 1st set 6-1

Myers down 1-6 2-4
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #1052
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Nastya

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #1053
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I think we can say the massacre has officially ended. To top off Mon and Nastya's wins:

Arina Rodionova def. Irigoyen 6-1 6-4

and Tammi just won the first set 6-3

So 3 wins today and hopefully another coming. Plenty of shit losses but certainly not a total massacre
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #1054
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

It's almost a feeling of being embarrassed by the abundance of our wins so far. Hell the past few years have the Aussie women won this many matches in total throughout the entire AO?
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #1055
country flag Territory

Hon's doing better than most of the girls did today She's down 3-4 against Solovieva. Nice effort so far.

Tammi up 5-0. Surely that's win #4 in the bag
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #1056
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Tammi won and now Hon is playing a TB for the first set. Does anyone know how much Mon and the others make for getting thru the 1st round of qualies?
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #1057
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Cilla wins the TB!! what a fight back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #1058
country flag Territory

Priscilla!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #1059
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hoorah!! Some wins, anytime it isn't a blood bath I'm fairly happy
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #1060
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka/Klara withdrew from doubles, they could've won the whole thing.

Well now Boj/Ash have a great chance to the final, they play Muguruza/Torro Flor

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #1061
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Nastys was in a very bad mood today.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1062
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
Tammi won and now Hon is playing a TB for the first set. Does anyone know how much Mon and the others make for getting thru the 1st round of qualies?
$6,560 for Q2 losers (up from $5,710 last year)

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...ize_money.html
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #1063
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

^ Re Hobart doubles - it was Klara who withdrew with the injury, so Jarka is OK.

OK, so day 1 qualies over. 4 out of 11 is pretty much what we predicted. So, a good day I suppose The rest of the losses were expected, even those one sided scorelines. Lucky for us that Arina is allowed to compete for us here, otherwise it'd be 3. Also, lucky that Nastya chose to defect to Aus, otherwise it'd be 2 Thank God for the Rodionova sisters

Here's my brief take on our girls today:

Sally Peers:
Um, you all saw it, so I won't bother. I arrived half an hour in and it was already 6-0 4-0. Sally clearly plays two opponents these days. One is on the other side of the net, and the other is herself. She is just hopeless. Sad to say it, but perhaps she'll do better in another career.

Azra Hadzic:
I've seen her play a few times now, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see much potential. She'll be a perennial $25K player here in Australia and that will no doubt inflate her ranking close to the top 300. In truth, she is a fringe 500 player. Oh and MLDB doesn't grunt anymore. Well, she does, but very quietly

Storm Sanders:
She lost 6-2 6-2, but much closer than the scoreline suggests. I still think she has potential, but far too many loose mistakes. I guess it doesn't say much though, if one of the up and coming young players in this country can only take 4 games off a 30 year old journeywoman. I think Storm is a better player than Hadzic and Myers, and certainly one to invest some time in as the potential is there.

Viktorija Rajicic:
SHe should have won the second set when up 5-2, as her opponent seemed to tire a bit. She tightened up and let her back in it. I like Vicky and think she has lots of potential. She's our best young player after Barty, but I don't think she'll ever trouble the top 100. She can certainly break 200 though and make Slam qualies overseas. It's all about commitment though. Shame she lost in 2 today, but well played against a much higher ranked opponent.

Jessica Moore:
Completely overpowered and outclassed. Several levels below Knapp. I just don't see Jess getting anywhere near the top 200 again, sadly. She fought though, so at least some positives. You can tell she wants it again.

Anastasia Rodionova:
Didn't see much to be honest. Watched the last few games. I'm sure you all saw it on the stream. Still a negative Nancy half the time, but well fought.

Arina Rodionova:
Good compact little player. Should've closed her opponent out much quicker, but got the job done in the end. Has potential to easily be top 150.

Monique Adamczak:
I only watched this match from when she was down 1-4 in the final set, so I was clearly the good luck charm Such great figthing from Mon. Very proud of her. Her first win in qualies in 14 years!! She was very happy with the win, punching the air several times. Great guts

Tammi Patterson:
LOL. Lucky Tammi drawing the second worst player in the draw (the first being Sally Peers). Not much to say considering the opposition was so weak. Tammi is such a clean ball striker, lovely to watch when the balls land in I'll refrain from commenting further until I see her play a decent tennis player tommorow.

Priscilla Hon:
Little champ. I only saw the first 7 games or so and then had to leave. She is a tall girl for 14, and deceptively powerful for someone built so slight. Nice groundies and her backhand is a thing of beauty. She can hold her head up high today. Awesome performance at 14. She is the real deal, and has a bright future. The last time a 14 year old played qualies she only won 1 game (Olivia L, back in 2003)

Abbie Myers:
Broke Chan in the first game and I thought we'd have a match on our hands. Unfortunately not to be. Abbie played several loose shots and such poor decision making out on court. She has an OK game, but I wasn't all that impressed today. Slightly better than Hadzic, but not by much. She didn't show anything close to her best tennis. Potential is there of course, but it's what they do with it that counts. She can obviously play tennis though, considering she took a set off a top 50 player last week. Today wasn't her day though, you could tell. Chan is quite out of shape, so a shame Abbie couldn't capitalise on it. Chan was like a mini celebrity with all the Taiwanese fans in attendance. She must be quite famous in her country with her Slam doubles successes? Gavin Hopper was in the stands. I guess that explains Abbie's association with Turkey.

I might go tomorrow too. Would love to see how Monique goes against Akgul Amanmuradova, who was involved in a long and fairly entertaining match with Julie Coin today.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #1064
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Thank you TS for the great reports! I am so happy for Monique.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1065
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report TS

Great result overall! Can't remember the last time we had so many winners in qualifying!

Congrats to Monique, Rodionovas and Tammi

It seems Sally at the very least needs to take a break. How disappointing for her considering just a few years back she qualified for the US Open, won a round and played Kim Clijsters on Arthur Ashe Stadium in the feature night match in round 2. I wonder what happened? Too many coaches trying to assist her and not enough direction? Niggling injuries that sapped her confidence? Interest waning?

As much as I like Jess, she didn't really do anything since coming back to warrant a qualifying wildcard. Perhaps TA went on rankings for the most part this year over youth (Cabrera, Bains et al).

Wish TA dug deep and supported Rajicic. She has shown potential with her results over the last few summers and she seems to perform better in bigger events. Needs someone to help her bridge the gap and be 100% committed.