December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #616
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

Nastya is battling it out in Auckland qualies. Lost a pretty close first set 3-6 with only one break of serve. Had two set points in the 2nd on Shelby's serve at 4-5 but it ended up going to a tiebreak. Rogers then had 2 MPs at 6-4 but Nastya ended up getting the set 8-6 in the tiebreak.

Good luck in the 3rd!
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #617
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Nastya won 3-6 7-6(6) 6-1. Great turnaround and great comeback from facing 2 MPs in the tiebreak

Should probably be winning matches like that more easily but still, good that she's started the season with a W.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #618
country flag Territory

For anyone interested n not already playing, the "Pick Your Winner" Australian championships are underway. Feel free to join in! (rules are in the first post)

Current scores: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=169
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #619
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
Yeah she's frustrating to watch. If she learnt to fight a bit she would be dangerous. I hope Jess gets QWC's for Sydney & Melbourne she looked good against Arina.
Every time I see Rajicic off the court she is stuffing her face with Fried Chips. Her match last year at Aust Open was a disgrace, she played so defensive and was 2 metres behind the baseline most of the match. The fact that her coach was an unemployed bum that was living on peoples couches says it all. She's surrounding herself with the wrong people who have failed themselves and can't possibly help her. I suspect her big problem is financial, and thats the reason she's not making any progress. I can't see her ever getting top 200 and think she will quit in two or three years. I hope I am totally wrong of course. I don't begrudge her getting a WC but I would've given it to Peers first.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #620
country flag Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
Every time I see Rajicic off the court she is stuffing her face with Fried Chips. Her match last year at Aust Open was a disgrace, she played so defensive and was 2 metres behind the baseline most of the match. The fact that her coach was an unemployed bum that was living on peoples couches says it all. She's surrounding herself with the wrong people who have failed themselves and can't possibly help her. I suspect her big problem is financial, and thats the reason she's not making any progress. I can't see her ever getting top 200 and think she will quit in two or three years. I hope I am totally wrong of course. I don't begrudge her getting a WC but I would've given it to Peers first.
I think you wrote pretty much this exact same post a year or so ago. in that time Viki has hit career high rankings n beaten some decent players :shrug;

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #621
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Unfortunately Sallys attitude isn't much better recently.

Sent from my MB526 using VerticalSports.Com App
Yeh, she was pretty bratty against Hon, screaming and talking to her self..

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #622
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
More importantly it is not like Peer /Moore were going to win...

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #623
country flag Territory

Nastya retired in the third set of her Auckland qualifying match.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #624
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Bobusic v Rogowska

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #625
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Boj!!! This is huge. Well done

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #626
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Jarka takes it to a 3rd against Roberta!!! WIN! Then I can watch her VS Maria

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #627
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Great win for Jarka and Boj qualified what a day!

Tomorrow

Boj Vs Cornet second on court 2.
Liv Vs Puig 4th on court 1 not before 5pm local time.

I give Liv a shot at beating Puig. I dunno about Boj how much would she have left in the tank?
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #628
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris93 View Post
Great win for Jarka and Boj qualified what a day!

Tomorrow

Boj Vs Cornet second on court 2.
Liv Vs Puig 4th on court 1 not before 5pm local time.

I give Liv a shot at beating Puig. I dunno about Boj how much would she have left in the tank?
Yeah i think Boj can win but how much does she have left in the tank?

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #629
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Anyone else think Adamczak's AO MD WC chances are improving all the time?
With An-Rodionova retiring from her match (obvious still has some niggling injuries) and Sacha also recovering from injury, you'd almost have to rank Monique ahead of them! Obviously Jarka has more than secured hers, Guess we will see how Olivia goes tmw against Puig.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #630
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Probably not after choking away match points. Olivia will get one regardless she's like 3 out of MD

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App