December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #511
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Although isn't it under new management this year :/ who knows!?

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:56 AM   #512
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. She's a lovely girl too so I'm sure we would accept her with open arms but won't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #513
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post

That won't happen. It's never happened before. Sure, she might get a call up in the middle of the event when someone withdraws (it's happened before), but come on...the tournament hasn't even started yet. They will find an Aussie player, otherwise it would be a PR nightmare that the home team can't even find its own player
Agreed. Barty would be the top choice now, as they would be able to market the Tomic/Barty pairing big time in the aussie media and generate interest and ticket sales...where as Liv doesn't have the spark or following that Barty does...and I hope Liv stays in bris qualies and can win a match or two...

However imagine a tomic/anastasia rodi combo in mixed if they both woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day....look out umpires!!

Casey another injury sucks big time....she needs decent points over the summer to kick start her year, thankfully she ended up making the ao main draw direct and should get a wildcard for hobart if she is fit and able to play...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #514
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:

That won't happen. It's never happened before. Sure, she might get a call up in the middle of the event when someone withdraws (it's happened before), but come on...the tournament hasn't even started yet. They will find an Aussie player, otherwise it would be a PR nightmare that the home team can't even find its own player
I agree TS.... couldn't imagine it happening

For years the Hopman Cup has tried to portray itself as the 3rd team event (behind Davis & fed cups) and not as an exhibition. To replace Casey before the tournament starts with a non-Aussie will further indicate that this event is a glorified exhibition.
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #515
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some quotes from December Showdown

“Tennis has taught me so much in my life. There’s so many challenges that maybe I wouldn’t have experienced going through schooling without playing sport,” Monique Adamczak on her challenging nine-month recovery from a knee injury in 2010.

“I kind of wanted to try a few different things. I worked in a restaurant doing night shifts, which was brutal. Then I worked in personal training at Fitness First, which I loved,” Jessica Moore on what she was doing during her absence from the sport to assess whether tennis was what she really wanted to do.

“Just to really take their time and really try to work on their games as much as possible, because they have lots of time. Sometimes I think we try to make it too early and we think that if we haven’t made it by 17 we’re not going to make it, that’s how I felt.” Moore’s advice to up-and-coming juniors.

“Not really being at home all the time is tough and travelling all the time, not being able to go out with friends and things like that you have to limit because I’m always playing in tournaments and it’s really hard to say to people I can’t do this I’ve got tennis.” Azra Hadzic is no ordinary Melbourne teenager.

“I love Turkey. It’s just so historic there. I’ve been to Gallipoli just to see what that was like and to see where our soldiers were and you know, it’s tough and it was just amazing. I just love Turkey.” Optus 18s champion Abbie Myers is thankful for the experiences playing tennis have given her.

“I was born in Australia, I’m an Australian and I was brought up the Aussie way.” Azra Hadzic, daughter of Bosnian born parents, is 100 per cent Australian.

“I don’t really like to copy people, I aspire to people but I don’t model my game on them. I think everyone grows up to be their own and that’s what I believe in.” Azra Hadzic is no tennis impersonator.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #516
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

I think An-Rod would've been the first choice as she has the most experience and has beaten many top 30 players before unless of course they can steal Jarmila from Brisbane. Then Barty would be the next best option, and then Bobusic since she's a WA Girl. Rogowska would come next I think.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #517
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Actually I'm sure An-Rod will jump at the chance, as it means more prizemoney!!
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #518
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
I think An-Rod would've been the first choice as she has the most experience and has beaten many top 30 players before unless of course they can steal Jarmila from Brisbane. Then Barty would be the next best option, and then Bobusic since she's a WA Girl. Rogowska would come next I think.
Surprised you have actually put Olivia in 4th spot. You sure you don't want to put Julia Moriarty or Tyra Calderwood ahead of her too?

In all seriousness, I agree that Rodi would be a good choice as she is a competent singles player and a very good doubles player. We shall see.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #519
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Ash just facebooked that she's playing Hopman Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #520
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Surprised you have actually put Olivia in 4th spot. You sure you don't want to put Julia Moriarty or Tyra Calderwood ahead of her too?

In all seriousness, I agree that Rodi would be a good choice as she is a competent singles player and a very good doubles player. We shall see.

Old Dec 18th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #521
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Ash just facebooked that she's playing Hopman Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Good choice. She should be able to play a little more freely there too.

Old Dec 18th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #522
AUSBOY

Quote:

I'm actually a big fan of Rogowska, she started last year well, but went flat after March. Just don't feel like she's made any progress, and expecting a rankings fall in the New Year
Barty is a good choice, will be very interesting to see if she can grab a set or two.
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 06:02 AM   #523
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

12s Quarter Finals -
Jeanette Lin SA [1] d Valentina Ivanova NSW [9] 5-7 6-1 6-1
Violet Apisah NSW [3] d Tahlia van der Eerden SA [10] 6-1 6-1
Olivia Gadecki QLD [4] d Shan-Ying Barr QLD [8] 3-6 6-4 6-2
Daniela Kovacevic QLD [2] d Selina Turulja SA [7] 6-2 2-6 6-2
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #524
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

The December Showdown has moved on to Biloela

Get your vote on! http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472197
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #525
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell is a Biloela?
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote