December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #496
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Cara Black is back!!!!

Whoooooo!!!! and GL to Storm!
She been back for a few months.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using VerticalSports.Com App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #497
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
She been back for a few months.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using VerticalSports.Com App
Yea. I know, but she's back to playing this week.

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (4) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer, Dothan w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #498
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

so Casey has withdrawn from the Hopman Cup with a foot injury... hopefully she'll be right for the rest of the summer events, but i wonder who will take her place since Sam and Jarka are already committed to Brisbane? maybe Liv will get a call up, or someone more experienced like Rodi... i'm sure the Perth crowd would fall in love with her personality!!
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #499
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Casey that's not a good start to the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #500
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon they will pick Barty for Hopman Cup now. Liv probably a close second.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #501
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

^^ oh yeah, i didn't think of that. then Vekic would be known as "Aussie Donna" the rest of her career when she plays in Australia.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #502
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

What? I'm confused. Why would Donna Vekic play for Australia?
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #503
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they might get Bobusic, she's in front of her home crowd and people know her more after she won a WC

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #504
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Donna is Croatian.

The tournament has not started yet, so they can still fill Casey's slot with an Australian player.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #505
country flag TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Maybe they might get Bobusic, she's in front of her home crowd and people know her more after she won a WC
I'd love for that to happen, but I don't think it will
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #506
country flag Sam21

Vekic is an alternate, and she wrote something on her facebook (i think) the other day which sounded like she knew she was going to play. and now that Casey has withdrawn it makes sense that she would be the replacement... kind of, except for the fact she's not Australian.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #507
country flag TS

That won't happen. It's never happened before. Sure, she might get a call up in the middle of the event when someone withdraws (it's happened before), but come on...the tournament hasn't even started yet. They will find an Aussie player, otherwise it would be a PR nightmare that the home team can't even find its own player
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #508
country flag TS

If Vekic was the replacement, then they would have already mentioned it. This article mentions that a replacement is yet to be announced.

http://www.tennis.com.au/news/2012/1...rom-hopman-cup
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #509
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
I'd love for that to happen, but I don't think it will
That would be amazing for her.

As for the Vekic suggestion.... Australia would have to pull out completely for her to get a start. They always have a reserve country in case during the event someone gets injured. Casey will be replaced by an Aussie. Being higher ranked doesn't come in to it - it's a team/country competition.

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #510
country flag TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
That would be amazing for her.

As for the Vekic suggestion.... Australia would have to pull out completely for her to get a start. They always have a reserve country in case during the event someone gets injured. Casey will be replaced by an Aussie. Being higher ranked doesn't come in to it - it's a team/country competition.

Actually, a player from another country can fill in for an injured player but that's always happened during the event, not before.

As much as I'd love to see the reaction to Aussie Donna, it's not going to happen