December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #211
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light
Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

Nice work from Hadzic and Kier, go the underdogs, booyah! Rumor has it Hon will likely be offered spot in AIS next year? But Cabrera deserves it. Would not write Sanders off just yet, though has not had a good year compared to 2011. For Hadzic I'd work on more variety ie come to net, works mostly off deep baseline, and rally patterms. More experienced players can handle that, eg use angles to cut off and shorten the points. For Kier I'd work on diet, losing weight and gaining fitness (a la Dellacqua), otherwise good potential there. For Sanders I'd hone and develop the lefty ability into more of a weapon, put on modified program and physio to heal properly, and most of all get her away from Pratt who's messed up the games of Woolcock and Bains severly. Pratt could be a consultant for input, has achieved in her time as a player and knows the value of fitness, but is not a good coach or administrator for the game and completely lacking that skill set. But there's not many other choices. Stoltenburg or Stringer? Other prospects- Baric and Rhurig. Like them coz they can hit, and that is how its played on Tour. Though lacking refinement which they'd need proper academy drill training and funding for. I would have said Tredoux also as another hitter though have not seen her play for a while and not sure what happened this year compared to 2011. Up and down though appears did well in Qld ATL. Would love to hear other opinions.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #212
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

about next generation players.
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #213
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Myers/Hadzic final it is.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #214
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Why isn't Azra on the WC playoff entry list?? I thought someone said here that she got in??

http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...E7E371&event=2
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #215
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Why isn't Azra on the WC playoff entry list?? I thought someone said here that she got in??

http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...E7E371&event=2
She is still on this list http://www.tennis.com.au/tournaments...-2013-play-off
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #216
country flag Allez-y

Quote: Myers/Hadzic final it is.
Should be an interesting match. Would be nice achievement for Hadzic to win, and a sense of justice for the underdog and inspiration for others to beat the odds.
Go Azra!
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #217
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Will be happy for either to win here both seem to be hard working girls who haven't been spoon fed like some others.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #218
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Whatever the results, we know there is no big talent that has surfaced yet.

These youngsters have one great season, then regress. There are many examples like Storm, Raijic, Holland etc.

Don't hold your breath with Myers and Hadzic.
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #219
country flag Allez-y

Sure. I think Myers has spent time overseas this year. Seems to have a profile on TA website, so must have been a favourite at some point. How does she play these days? What makes it interesting and exciting at present is the player field in the juniors and next gen is kinda wide open, and anything can pretty much happen (other than if say Barty is in the draw). This should be good for competition for anyone going into their matches as tennis has that confidence aspect for self belief.
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #220
country flag binky-GOAT

Yeah it's pretty cool there are so many youngsters at the WC Playoff.
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #221
country flag Allez-y

Will be interesting to see how they track in say 5 years time, not only in the national derby's but overseas. The other appealing aspect is if the open competition breaks down the barriers and stimulates change for a new model for athletes.
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #222
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Whatever the results, we know there is no big talent that has surfaced yet.

These youngsters have one great season, then regress. There are many examples like Storm, Raijic, Holland etc.

Don't hold your breath with Myers and Hadzic.
Bunch of 1994-1996 girls with no indication they really are going to make it in the pro tour(top 50). Thanks God for Barty
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #223
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

(4)Seone Mendez def. (1)Michelle Pits 4-6 6-2 6-0
(3)Destanee Aiava def. (2)Maddison Inglis 7-5 6-3

Intersting final and good upset wins for the younger players. Rematch of last years 12's final. They also played last week in the teams event with Aiava winnig 7-6 6-1.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #224
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

Hon and keir are the last two entries into the playoff on TA website. Fair enough since they were the best performers in the 18s that weren't already in
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #225
country flag binky-GOAT

Olivia Rogowska
Ashleigh Barty
Monique Adamczak
Arina Rodionova
Bojana Bobusic
Sally Peers
Viktorija Rajicic
Jessica Moore
Azra Hadzic
Tammi Patterson
Storm Sanders
Abbie Myers
Lizette Cabrera
Ashley Keir
Naiktha Bains
Priscilla Hon

All the highlighted players are 18 or under and there are 9 of them. Most will lose in the early rounds anyway, but it's good to see from last year's list.